The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• DC202DC
    DC202DC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Do you ride while you work?
    I decided I'll walk to the store and get some back pills. I think i need muscle relaxers for this and then I'll feel better. Advil just isn't cutting it today

You might want to try Extra Strength Tylenol. I didn’t used to think it was supposed to be for back pain, but it worked really well for me.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    DYCinWDC wrote: »
    Do you ride while you work?
    I decided I'll walk to the store and get some back pills. I think i need muscle relaxers for this and then I'll feel better. Advil just isn't cutting it today

You might want to try Extra Strength Tylenol. I didn’t used to think it was supposed to be for back pain, but it worked really well for me.

Thanks. I usually just get robaxacet the strongest one. It has a muscle relaxer which usually helps. My physio guy told me last time I had a flare up that I have the start of some degeneration probably and flare ups will happen. Oh well
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @RyderOfWestern cigar? I don’t smoke in fact never smoked in my life. Always been scare even of tylenol 😂
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey all! 46 and feeling good. Feel free to add me. I am looking forward to getting to know some more awesome people on this fitness journey.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Oh my goodness what an exciting game 7 between the Raptors and 76ers. Came down to the last second.

I learned this weekend that muscle relaxers make me really really sleepy.

This week I get an MRI for my shoulder to see what's going on in there. I'm hoping for some spontaneous healing which would explain why it hurt today it was healing. Hahaha. Happy new week and hope all the moms had a nice mother's day
  • jiujayjitsu
    jiujayjitsu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to add guys to help with accountability. Feel free to add me.
  • theskipper54
    theskipper54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I fall into this category. Please add me, i am looking for all the like-minded friends I can get on this journey. Thanks!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Good morning my friends...the weekend went way too fast! Lets all have a great day and week!

My whole week is a weekend. Off from work until next Monday. :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy Tuesday my friends.
    Today is devoted to my shoulder. Physio this morning then the MRI at 10:30 tonight! Hope I can stay up that late.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Thanks. It's really just to see if the tear has gotten bigger or smaller. I have pain every day so if the tear is still there and hasn't spontaneously healed the next step will be injections but I really hate needles so not a fan of that
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I haven't been active in here in a while. Still reading the posts though. Hoping some of you guys can offer ideas on how I can manage the rest of my week food wise and not completely overdo it. My schedule:

Wednesday: ballpark supper (daughter plays softball)
    Thursday: son's 8th grade field trip to New Orleans. All day event 6:30 a.m. until 9 p.m. Starting off with beignet's for breakfast at Cafe du Monde. On the plus side, there will be lots of walking.
    Friday: son's parent luncheon consisting of loads of desserts and catered food
    Saturday: closing tournament for softball. Will be at the ballpark from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.

I can manage to fit Wednesday's burger into my calories for the day. It's Thursday that will be the destroyer. We are all things food down here and a day in NOLA will be gluttonous.
  • msbrown420
    msbrown420 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m KC I’m 38 just moved to Florida trying to get into that Florida body/life style:) feel free to add me, i have started walking at least 4 miles a day trying to feel good enough to start strength training as well.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    I haven't been active in here in a while. Still reading the posts though. Hoping some of you guys can offer ideas on how I can manage the rest of my week food wise and not completely overdo it. My schedule:

Wednesday: ballpark supper (daughter plays softball)
    Thursday: son's 8th grade field trip to New Orleans. All day event 6:30 a.m. until 9 p.m. Starting off with beignet's for breakfast at Cafe du Monde. On the plus side, there will be lots of walking.
    Friday: son's parent luncheon consisting of loads of desserts and catered food
    Saturday: closing tournament for softball. Will be at the ballpark from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.

I can manage to fit Wednesday's burger into my calories for the day. It's Thursday that will be the destroyer. We are all things food down here and a day in NOLA will be gluttonous.

I did a lot of years coaching and watching two sons through baseball from tee ball through high school. I learned to pack some food with me that fits my plan. Jerky, salami, protein bars, string cheese, nuts and fruit are my choices.

OR-

NOLA is just one day. Call it a treat day and just enjoy it. The other days are manageable if you bring some food with you.

• mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day all! Hope everybody is killing their goals this week.
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hooray for Wednesday!!! I survived my MRI last night, it was quite relaxing and now we await the results. Everyone is preparing me for the worst but we shall see the MRI itself was really quite relaxing the technician thought I had fallen asleep!

That’s good to hear. Hope you get a favorable report! Have a great day!
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Got super busy last couple of days. Hope everyone is well!
  • icecoffee29
    icecoffee29 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!