The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    I knew I was "gettin old," but it never registered just how much until I saw this saying "middle-aged" and "upper 30's" in the same sentence! :disappointed: lol
    37 here. Down 23 in the last 3 months. 15-20 to go... Be there by summer!
    Feel free to add me, anyone. :smiley:

Just wait til you really get "old". Our local Association of Retired Persons allows membership starting at 50 even though not retired. I got my membership card last year, and its a creepy feeling to walk into a store and the attendant does a quick look over and asks whenever I have the discount card. Of course they were asking me that since I was 49 or 48, so maybe I always looked old.
  • tfranke513
    tfranke513 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. 47 years old and from Cincinnati. Looking to lose 15 pounds. Please add me. :)
  • mzSindhu
    mzSindhu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm from Washington state. I'm 43. I'm married and have an eight year old. Just starting my weight loss journey and have 100+ lbs to lose. I'm starting a high protein/low carb diet. Please add me! Friends make it fun!
  • stephjohnson07
    stephjohnson07 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi all Stephanie from VA. 38 years old and mother of one 9 year old. Recently had a double masceptomy and undergoing treatment and dealing with heart issues too but I gotta do some exercise. Gotta bring back sexy even with my heart acting up just moderately. On a low sodium diet and doing well so far it's been a minute now so I'm proud of myself because I'm a foodie. See you guys around
    I don't remember how to add so please add me lol
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Ben :) Add me! Quick facts about me:

- I'm into weightlifting, cardio (running) and soccer/football
    - I'm from Montreal, Canada
    - I'm 34 and I have three young children
    - My mother tongue is French, but I'm totally fine with English (mostly :P)
    - I work from home (self-employed)
    - My current goal is to gain definition by losing more or less 10 lbs for the summer hotter months
    - I'm on here everyday, mostly during the day (current streak at 1240 days)
  • hilaryhopkins07
    hilaryhopkins07 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi! :)
    45 year old mother of 5. I run, strength train, and just started taking Barre sessions which I love! I'm getting ready to run in my 2nd Half marathon on Sunday here in Cincy. I feel pretty fabulous right now for my age. I quit smoking 4 years ago tomorrow and quit binge drinking as well. It wasn't easy but one of the best decisions I've ever made!
    I really want to get stronger and gain more muscle this year. It's not easy though!! I'm up for any suggestions.
    Please feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • hilaryhopkins07
    hilaryhopkins07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! :)
    45 year old mother of 5 great kids! I live in Cincinnati. Feeling pretty fit and fabulous right now at my age. I'm a runner. I strength train 3-4 days a week, and have recently started taking Barre sessions which I absolutely love! I'm getting ready to run in the Mini Heart Half Marathon on Sunday. It will be my 2nd Half.
    Looking to gain more muscle and strength this year. Any suggestions or tips are great!
    Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Bridget from WV - turning 37 in 2 weeks.

I giggle at this because I called myself middle aged the other day while talking to my mother, and she was quick to tell me that "37 was not middle-aged, and you're not 37 yet".

I think the idea is much more traumatizing for her than it is for me :smiley:
  • OhHeyitsBenji
    OhHeyitsBenji Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This thread moves fast!
  • mirnmax
    mirnmax Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Gosh, first I look at everyone and think - DAYUM ya'll look good. Where is the group for old ugly folks with no hope? :) Okay - maybe I have a little hope - but I've gotten into some bad habits. Been trying to follow the DASH diet, which they tell you "you don't have to measure anything" BUT - my body says "oh yes you do!" Cause I haven't lost squat on that. Then I was doing so dang good on the exercise bike and hitting the gym 3 days during the work week, walking dogs on the weekend and the old age hit me. BURSITIS. like WTH is this? Why do I hurt? Needless to say, doc told me "stop going to the gym" OH BOY - anyway - you all keep saying "add me" - - what does that mean?!?! Add me - :)
  • jgz9
    jgz9 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi there just joined. From Chicago.
  • 121Susan121
    121Susan121 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me is, adding as a friend. More...friends...email tab and type in user name of friend!
  • cest_la_vie
    cest_la_vie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in October and I was recently given an all clear to exercise. I have started with a bootcamp near me. Here is to weight loss and a healthy life.
  • PaulGDuncan
    PaulGDuncan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    53 this past Feb (15 days ago). Pledged to get in better shape this year than any time in my 50's. Hit my peak fitness in 2009 with finishing Ironman Lake Placid... been downhill ever since so am turning the nose on the plane back up. Feel free to add me here and at Fitbit ( www.fitbit.com/user/5CJNV2 )
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    40 here - I've been on MFP for years and just can't stay consistent. I've developed terrible habits in the past couple of years and have been gaining 10+ lbs every winter (and only losing 5 or less in the interim)! I'm finally getting serious about making a true lifestyle change. Feel free to add me! I do much better with a support system.
  • jessesjourney78
    jessesjourney78 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    38 and in the best shape of my life, but not quit where I wanna be. Feel free to add me, I need all the support I can get.
  • Dan_NY_27
    Dan_NY_27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    34 here! recently got into running.....just ran my first 5K this weekend. feel free to add me!
  • marsh1000
    marsh1000 Posts: 14 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    35 here... working to tone up and get healthy!
    Feel free to add me.
  • ZeroDegrees147
    ZeroDegrees147 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    48 here. First day. I could use some motivation from fellow middle agers.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, lots of new faces on here. Got a nice 10k run in yesterday. Met with a strength trainer. Woot! Finally found someone that is going to help me. I was doing it on my own, but found it too difficult when I wanted to try and lift heavier.