The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• krissyskayla1018
    krissyskayla1018 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined today and this looks like the cabana to hang at! I'm a 52 year old mom to two teens a daughter 14 going on 40 and a son whos 16. I quit smoking 5 years ago and slowly packed on the weight I'm small so it looks like a huge amount. I started working out 2 years ago but then lost my mom and younger brother and stopped going. Summers almost here so time to get back to the gym! This looks like a fun place for support and all my questions! B)
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just returned from Mardi Gras in Louisiana. The party is over, and time to do some damage control. :smile:
  • chinkel62
    chinkel62 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am 55 as of January, I just joined a couple weeks ago, please feel free to add me, I live in the suburbs of Columbus, Ohio, GO BUCKEYES!!!! <3<3<3
  • MissHempy
    MissHempy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Heading towards my 50's here but still feel about 20 years old. Luvin' life!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to feel!!
  • irisrachael
    irisrachael Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    44 here, attempting to crack down the secret to fighting cortisol hormone. I began my 30 mins high intensity workout this week. Already eat healthy thanks to this amazing app! We'll see what happens.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I turn 49 on Saturday :'( Am in the best shape of my life but still have a long way to go but loving the journey.
  • Jme3976
    Jme3976 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I turn 41 next week. I have been on mfp about a month now. Just learning how to use the community part of the app. I would love to encourage and be encouraged during this journey so please feel free to add me!
  • cjprobresith
    cjprobresith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me in the mix B)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    It was bitter cold here yesterday after the big snow fall we had the day before. Bundled myself up and went for a nice, cool, 8.5 km walk.
  • VigerSuzie
    VigerSuzie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    42 and heaviest I have ever been, harder to loose in your forties! I have let myself go and need to start over, get on track and try to get my health in order! I need to start slow. I tend to go gungho and then fizzle out. Trying to start by just tracking and light walking... get into a routine. Motivation would be helpful.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'll be turning 40 in May and trying to my body weight and composition back to what it was during my mid-20's. Been on and off MFP for awhile now, it was SparkPeople before that. Always willing to add new friends.
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Looking and feeling better in my 40s than I did in my 30s. Feel free to friend me for support..
  • brenthickman74
    brenthickman74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started this thing about 2 weeks ago - just trying to figure the best way to make it work. One of the tips says to make friends, so here it goes. I don't really know what 'please add me' means. But I'm guessing it means joining a group or something? This seems like a good group - I'm 42 and just starting out.
  • Wild_Daisies
    Wild_Daisies Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Uhm....just turned 30, so I guess that puts me here! lol ;)
  • prioritypimentel
    prioritypimentel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A place for us middle agers to become friends and share fitness advice. Feel free to add me!

Im new at this and need to educate myself to get my colesterol and blood pressure under control
  • lydgiaparratt6655
    lydgiaparratt6655 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The big Hawaii five O this year for me. I'm sick of being a fattie. I have to loose about 5 stones (old school)
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Thing about middle age is - it's grand.
    *kitten* youth, I don't miss it.
    Now I have an excuse to be lazy - these ood joints of mine.....
  • Wild_Daisies
    Wild_Daisies Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Alright, my new outlook....now I can do crazy fun stuff and blame it on aging!