The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• kharrington512
    kharrington512 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just starting over before I back-slide too far. Was doing well on Real Appeal until they switched coaches on us and I ended up with a couple really bad ones so I gave up on it. Please feel free to add me.
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    37 but fighting aging as best as I can. Fun friends always welcome.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Alright, my new outlook....now I can do crazy fun stuff and blame it on aging!

Exactly! :)
  • JennyHsavage
    JennyHsavage Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Jen here 37yo always into my fitness and love my 4 legged pali5frkb63odyx.jpg
  • Dianardh01
    Dianardh01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    45 and feeling better than ever :)
  • HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I love how whoever created this thread relegates everyone in their 30's as being "middle aged".....lol...I'm only 33, and I'm far from middle aged. 33 is not middle aged, dog gone it! I'm only 3 years outside of my 20's, for pete's sake. That said, anyone reading this, please feel free to add me!

I'm 52 and I totally agree with you. Sociologists consider those from 45-65 as middle aged. A person your age is considered a young adult. They should have said upper 40s to mid 60s, instead of including the upper 30s or even the low 40s. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_age

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Hello! 48 year old mother and wife. I just re-started at MFP this past Monday. :) I lost 25 lbs last year and gained it all back.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    I love how whoever created this thread relegates everyone in their 30's as being "middle aged".....lol...I'm only 33, and I'm far from middle aged. 33 is not middle aged, dog gone it! I'm only 3 years outside of my 20's, for pete's sake. That said, anyone reading this, please feel free to add me!

I'm 52 and I totally agree with you. Sociologists consider those from 45-65 as middle aged. A person your age is considered a young adult. They should have said upper 40s to mid 60s, instead of including the upper 30s or even the low 40s. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_age

I agree. No big deal really but I've always thought of middle aged as 40-50 or maybe even 45-55.
  • scrowell72
    scrowell72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    44 and trying to get in shape and hit my weight goal of 135 by my 45th Birthday.. I live near Jasper, Alabama
  • dannybias50
    dannybias50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilder
    West Virginia

Been in fitness for 23 years
    Been Bodybuilding for 20 years

On my page I've written articles
    Sample workouts
    Sample meal plans

I try to motivate and inspire every day

ADD ME
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    lifter and runner. Having the time of my life in my 40's. My food diary is open. feel free to add me.
  • Cryptic10
    Cryptic10 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Feel free to add me!! 37yrs old.. Always up for new MFP mates! :)
  • j0hns0nla
    j0hns0nla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, 40 (for a few more months), and new here. Was on SparkPeople for a long time but just switched to MFP - this is day 7. Started an account here last year but never did anything, but like the interface, food database, and app integration here so much better. Just don't have any friends here yet!
  • canadian_bakin
    canadian_bakin Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 last November. The first time I was on MFP, I lost 60 lbs. Fast forward and I've gained almost all of it back. As each year passes, I find it harder to lose weight. Would love more friends to offer and receive support.
  • Cymrian2017
    Cymrian2017 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 53. Starting exercising again last year. Dropped 20 lbs. looking to drop the final 20 this year. Feel free to add me.
  • Shelah_A
    Shelah_A Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    38 with 4 kids...I am in the best shape of my life :) and I am still looking forward what's ahead of me. Feel free to add me.
  • Fatmuscleguy
    Fatmuscleguy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi.I'm 47 , been on MFP since Dec 21.Lost 25lbs so far with 48 to go.Always looking for positive and supportive friends.Feel free to add me.
  • sum_how
    sum_how Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'll hit 40 in June! So I'm getting ready for it by heading back to the gym to get back in shape. Good to have others in the same age group with the same goals. Feel free to add me!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I knew I was "gettin old," but it never registered just how much until I saw this saying "middle-aged" and "upper 30's" in the same sentence! :disappointed: lol
    37 here. Down 23 in the last 3 months. 15-20 to go... Be there by summer!
    Feel free to add me, anyone. :smiley: