The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Good morning ☕️😊

GM Jen!

Good morning Tom😊

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Moooorning! Had a few rough days eating and drinking wise, but got my mojo back so here we go again..!

Europe is stuck in a heat wave, however unfortunately the heat wave seems to forget about little aul' Ireland, but the temperature's slowly rising so here's hoping.

Good morning Suga😊☕️
  • pjemonson
    pjemonson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all - one day closer to the weekend!

Just got my ride in and now off to make breakfast.......
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Moooorning! Had a few rough days eating and drinking wise, but got my mojo back so here we go again..!

Europe is stuck in a heat wave, however unfortunately the heat wave seems to forget about little aul' Ireland, but the temperature's slowly rising so here's hoping.

Good morning Suga😊☕️

Hiya Jen <3
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! :smile: <(^.^)>
  • danceandplay
    Options
    "How many of us have 50+ pounds to lose?" Just me, eh? That's okay. I don't mind becoming the Biggest Loser. Haha!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!! I can see the sun peeking through the blinds.
    This morning I'm helping my boy's class make cookies. This should be interesting. My boy will have no interest I'm sure we bake a lot in this house they're
  • Newfie_Steve83
    Newfie_Steve83 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, hope you all have an awesome day!!
    I had taken a short break from MFP, so I signed up again under a different name but I'm back now.
  • Newfie_Steve83
    Newfie_Steve83 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!!! I can see the sun peeking through the blinds.
    This morning I'm helping my boy's class make cookies. This should be interesting. My boy will have no interest I'm sure we bake a lot in this house they're

Me want cookies

Me too
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Perhaps not the cookies grade 5s make hahaha
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, hope you all have an awesome day!!
    I had taken a short break from MFP, so I signed up again under a different name but I'm back now.

It is so great to see you back 🙂
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Day 85 for me today, feeling pretty good! Its weird that tomorrow is my 40th birthday. For reals, blows my mind I'm 40 lol. At least I'm losing weight though, I Don't want to be 400lbs all through my 40's no way! HAHAHA Sorry, just rambling because I'm hiding from my 6 year old while we play hide n seek. later taters.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Don't let the child find you. Ballot almost birthday 40 really isn't that bad
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    hey all middle agers
    Im struggling..been at this a few months..working out...counting cals...my weight is ay a stand still but not so bothered by that....im not toning/gaining muscle and I feel sore all the time...LOL
    I don't know if being 46 now has anything to do with it..never worked out before and have never been athletic...

Kim
  • danceandplay
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    hey all middle agers
    Im struggling..been at this a few months..working out...counting cals...my weight is ay a stand still but not so bothered by that....im not toning/gaining muscle and I feel sore all the time...LOL
    I don't know if being 46 now has anything to do with it..never worked out before and have never been athletic...

Kim

You want to see more muscle definition/growth? Did I read that correctly? Are you making strength gains?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Don't let the child find you. Ballot almost birthday 40 really isn't that bad

Happy not ballot. Omg haha
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    hey all middle agers

Kim

Be patient, it takes time to change a lifetime or years of neglect. Remember that you didn’t get where you are overnight and you won’t see change rapidly as well.

As the above person asked are you seeing strength gains? I.e. are you able to lift more?

I track body measurements as well as weight; in the past, I have noticed positive changes in my measurements while noticing minimal changes in weight. I tracked my calves, thighs, waistline, chest, neck, forearms and arms. I do need to baseline all my measurements again as I was down due to an injury and I was awaiting surgery. However, since my surgery, I’ve only tracked my waist and weight but I have lost 7 pounds and 3 inches on the waist. I have also notice strength gains.

Gains and losses aside, the important thing or something that should be important is how do you feel? Do you feel more energy, a sense of pride or accomplishment? Just find one of those non-scale victories (NSV) as the kids are calling it theses days. :) i.e clothes fit better, or wearing smaller sizes or your workouts are getting easier.

You got this Kim! Don’t get discouraged, and remember, “never give up, never surrender!” :D

PS. Also if your not already doing so get a digital scale to measure your intake.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Turning 45 in the fall, my lipid panel was poor so I'm eating healthy which I'm really enjoying. My work place has a salad bar and recently they added (at my request) black beans so I don't have to eat animal proteins at lunch. I consider myself 3/4's vegan LOL. Anyhoo, by really committing myself to change for a positive reason, I'm enjoying losing weight and reducing saturated fat so much more this time.
  • kimber0607
    Options
    hey all middle agers

Kim

You want to see more muscle definition/growth? Did I read that correctly? Are you making strength gains?

see more definition..tone
    thanks
  • kimber0607
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    hey all middle agers

Kim

Be patient, it takes time to change a lifetime or years of neglect. Remember that you didn’t get where you are overnight and you won’t see change rapidly as well.

As the above person asked are you seeing strength gains? I.e. are you able to lift more?

I track body measurements as well as weight; in the past, I have noticed positive changes in my measurements while noticing minimal changes in weight. I tracked my calves, thighs, waistline, chest, neck, forearms and arms. I do need to baseline all my measurements again as I was down due to an injury and I was awaiting surgery. However, since my surgery, I’ve only tracked my waist and weight but I have lost 7 pounds and 3 inches on the waist. I have also notice strength gains.

Gains and losses aside, the important thing or something that should be important is how do you feel? Do you feel more energy, a sense of pride or accomplishment? Just find one of those non-scale victories (NSV) as the kids are calling it theses days. :) i.e clothes fit better, or wearing smaller sizes or your workouts are getting easier.

You got this Kim! Don’t get discouraged, and remember, “never give up, never surrender!” :D

PS. Also if your not already doing so get a digital scale to measure your intake.

Thanks..appreciate your advice and encouragement
    I have a pair of pants and shorts that I use to gauge my progress..if the same is inching up but shorts are feeling the same or getting more comfy..I dont care what the scale says and won't sweat a few pounds here or there