Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

1699700702704705860

Replies

  • kimber0607kimber0607 Member Posts: 994 Member Member Posts: 994 Member
    So, how do you become a member to this club? I’m on the older end of it 😂. Plus I would love to have some friends around that age as well.


    approved!! We really have no standards..LOL
    we should have a fancy enrollment process.... :)
  • rinazsrinazs Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    52 and loving life. Add me too.
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,412 Member Member Posts: 2,412 Member
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    So, how do you become a member to this club? I’m on the older end of it 😂. Plus I would love to have some friends around that age as well.


    approved!! We really have no standards..LOL
    we should have a fancy enrollment process.... :)

    Yeah. Okay. And a secret handshake. HAHA! B)
  • YellowD0gsYellowD0gs Member Posts: 401 Member Member Posts: 401 Member
    GOOOOOOOOD MORNING MFP!!!
  • jbuller4jbuller4 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    So cool to see a community to provide and receive support. Just starting my journey. 1st week completed yesterday. Down 11 lbs. already. Long way to go but moving in the right direction. Realize this is gonna slow and I'll have my ups and downs but loving the moment. It feels great!

    By the way how do you add friends?
  • jbuller4jbuller4 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    YellowD0gs wrote: »
    GOOOOOOOOD MORNING MFP!!!

    Back at you my man!
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    jbuller4 wrote: »
    So cool to see a community to provide and receive support. Just starting my journey. 1st week completed yesterday. Down 11 lbs. already. Long way to go but moving in the right direction. Realize this is gonna slow and I'll have my ups and downs but loving the moment. It feels great!

    By the way how do you add friends?

    Click on their profile name until you get to their profile and there will be a button saying add as a friend. It's always nice to include a little message with your request as to why you want to be friends. Good luck!
  • SFnBaldSFnBald Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    So, how do you become a member to this club? I’m on the older end of it 😂. Plus I would love to have some friends around that age as well.

    Welcome! I’m new as well.....again. I was on here a long time ago. I’ve enjoyed following others progress for encouragement! Cheers!
  • bakerbrett1976bakerbrett1976 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    Just rejoined and looking to hit the ground running. I’m 43 and need to lose stomach weight asap !! 💪🏾💪🏾
  • parkertobefitparkertobefit Member Posts: 344 Member Member Posts: 344 Member
    im 39... ive been kicking around for a while like an old goat hahaha
  • sllidasllida Member Posts: 115 Member Member Posts: 115 Member
    Hi all 35 here and looking for some active friends please feel free to add me
  • KrazedBemusedKrazedBemused Member Posts: 129 Member Member Posts: 129 Member
    Hi all! 37 y/o Aussie Mum of two teenagers. I manage a shipping agency all the while trying to find time to look after myself. Yeah, so heeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!!!!!
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 588 Member Member, Premium Posts: 588 Member
    I had a dramatic start to the day. There was a suspected terrorist car outside the office; we were not allowed in until the Bomb Squad had done their thing.

    jsv0w4mc8kgs.jpg
    edited February 2020
  • ryanmaguryanmagu Deleted Posts: 14 Member Deleted Posts: 14 Member
    41 from Massachusetts
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    I had a dramatic start to the day. There was a suspected terrorist car outside the office; we were not allowed in until the Bomb Squad had done their thing.

    jsv0w4mc8kgs.jpg

    Holy smokes that's never s good way to start the day
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 588 Member Member, Premium Posts: 588 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    drmwc wrote: »
    I had a dramatic start to the day. There was a suspected terrorist car outside the office; we were not allowed in until the Bomb Squad had done their thing.

    jsv0w4mc8kgs.jpg

    Holy smokes that's never s good way to start the day

    It wasn't too bad. I went for a walk; I am now on 15,600 steps (just after lunch). I am going climbing later, so my calories out today will be a lot.

    The client's office does seem quite eventful. Police were out in force last week due to a murder just outside it.

    The office is in Croydon. David Bowie used to say: "I think it's the most derogatory thing I can say about somebody or something: 'God, it's so *kitten* Croydon'!"

    His half-brother was committed to a Croydon asylum, and killed himself here.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    drmwc wrote: »
    I had a dramatic start to the day. There was a suspected terrorist car outside the office; we were not allowed in until the Bomb Squad had done their thing.

    jsv0w4mc8kgs.jpg

    Holy smokes that's never s good way to start the day

    It wasn't too bad. I went for a walk; I am now on 15,600 steps (just after lunch). I am going climbing later, so my calories out today will be a lot.

    The client's office does seem quite eventful. Police were out in force last week due to a murder just outside it.

    The office is in Croydon. David Bowie used to say: "I think it's the most derogatory thing I can say about somebody or something: 'God, it's so *kitten* Croydon'!"

    His half-brother was committed to a Croydon asylum, and killed himself here.

    Wow. So I guess a rough area of town? Haha. At least it makes for some good stories
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 588 Member Member, Premium Posts: 588 Member
    It's not too bad. I've spent a lot of time in worse places.

    I used to live in Toxteth in Liverpool, which was good fun, but way higher risk than Croydon. (I was mugged 4 times in about 3 years when I was there in the 1990s.)
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    ^^^ geez. The only things we get are car break ins and thefts and bank robberies. I think the nearby (end of our street) bank has been held up twice in the 6 years we've lived here.

    It's another school strike day here in Ontario. Tomorrow out local board strikes. We visited my mom today. Tomorrow we'll do something fun. Just not sure what yet. Maybe hit up some outdoor rinks. Happy almost weekend everyone
  • fit_chickxfit_chickx Member Posts: 571 Member Member Posts: 571 Member
    Happy Thursday all,

    Checking in:
    Kicking my teddy bear tonight. Age is catching up with me. I'm making an appointment to get cortisone injections for knee pain. Training for a race in April, I'm not going to let this be a set back.
Sign In or Register to comment.