Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• DAN1ELGRU88DAN1ELGRU88 Member Posts: 82 Member Member Posts: 82 Member
    39 year old contact manager from Wiltshire. Feel like I need to sharpen my body and mind. Trying to stay motivated. Feel free to add me
  • MCEOCHAIDHMCEOCHAIDH Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I am a 43yr old man here, martial artist, not a fat martial artist looking for help losing weight and staying motivated. Been on the up and down yo yo with nutrition for a while, weight bouncing up and down. I am a full time carer to a child with severe autism so getting the "me" time is so very hard but I manage to get mornings to myself when he's in school. Starting losing weight and getting back to fitness after my divorce, started at 146+kg and now down to 94kg, I managed to get down to 87.5 once but then shot back up to 99kg and am still battlign with losing the rest.
  • mamabearangiemamabearangie Member, Premium Posts: 21 Member Member, Premium Posts: 21 Member
    Hi all! I haven't been to the forums in a while but I'm looking for more support and motivation so I'm back! Anyone and everyone feel free to friend me. I'm active everyday.

I'm a 49-year-old married mom to teenage girls (ugh) from northern Ohio. I work full-time from home. Walking, kettle bells, and strengthening exercises at home for now. I have a bunch to lose but I'm smashing those old habits to bits and well on the way to my goals.

It's a new month, a new week, and a brand new day! What is your plan for today? What's for dinner? What's for activity? I'm making a chicken stir fry later and headed to the art museum with the fam. Housework and my workout later.

Smooches,
    Angie
  • PollysiuPoPollysiuPo Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    Hope everyone is loving this app as much as I am. You really dont realize how much you are eating till you count the calories.

I'm very new here. Really don't know how the app work but interesting to have forum and fds connections
  • bizygalnc50bizygalnc50 Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    MCEOCHAIDH wrote: »
    I am a full time carer to a child with severe autism so getting the "me" time is so very hard but I manage to get mornings to myself when he's in school.
    I have a 23 year old who has Autism so I understand what you are going through.Some days it can be a challenge. My son is able to hold down a job and drive a car which took a few years but now he drive better than me :)

• DFL081DFL081 Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    38 yr old, looking to make this attempt stick. I've been on and off this app a few times and I'm getting tired of the yoyo. Feel free to add me :)
  • 1HugoG1HugoG Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    cataire3 wrote: »
    Hello and welcome!
    That's me. Please feel free to add me.
  • 1HugoG1HugoG Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    What do we do here? How do we support one another?
    edited March 1
  • maegandunworth1maegandunworth1 Member Posts: 9 Member Member Posts: 9 Member
    hey! i just re downloaded mfp app. used this app in the past and it has worked great. now just trying to lose the baby weight!
  • mcbf42mcbf42 Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I'm 50 this year. Trying to get back to a healthy weight. No idea how to add people as friends. Add me for support on our journeys. Have a great day!
  • MsjournieMsjournie Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    43 here! This struggle is so real!
  • thedukeofmemesthedukeofmemes Member Posts: 95 Member Member Posts: 95 Member
    I’m 43. I’m always looking for people who have open diaries so that I can get fresh ideas for meals! Add me!
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 242,464 Member Member Posts: 242,464 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers. Well Hump day is here already and it's been a good week so far. Hope you all are having a great week too... hit those goals 👍
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 35,078 Member Member Posts: 35,078 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Hooray for 5 hour delays!!!! We should be approaching our destination but instead we're still waiting for the plane to arrive. Our 2:45 departure turned into 3:15, 5:53, 6:30 and now 7:30. This is why were flying down the day before our cruise. Hooray for airport bars

Great call Ali! I've heard, something like: "There's no such thing as early, you're either upon time or you're late.".

I'm scared to check the board for an update. Seems there's always a delay. Luckily we board our cruise at 12:30 tomorrow so we'll get to enjoy a bit of Miami tomorrow morning

That's understandable! I hope, you & your family've the best time! B)

We eventually made it. Have had two ports already tomorrow is a beach day yay
  • j_Sparks_01j_Sparks_01 Member Posts: 26 Member Member Posts: 26 Member
  • summery79summery79 Member Posts: 115 Member Member Posts: 115 Member
    40, feel free to add me. I've been a member since 2013. My 7-year weight maintenance anniversary is next month! :D:D