The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• NikiFocus
    NikiFocus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m in Liverpool, feel free to add me
    36...for a few more months. Liverpool, uk. Add me, im so loooonely :'(

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Ollie1210 wrote: »
    Hi - My name is Liane and I am nearly 54 years old - just rejoined after a long absence of about 4 years. Lived in Gloucestershire all my life but moved to live in Spain in October of last year. Have tried almost every diet known to man but it all comes down to me and food at the end of the day! My knee has been bad for the last 10 years and I now need a replacement but surgery is only possible if I lose at least 86lbs.......... Where there is a will -- there has to be a way! Any suggestions on exercise without using the knee, how to keep on the straight and narrow etc gratefully recieved x

Hi, Liane! I would look around the MFP forums and find some groups of like-minded people - people who have similar weight loss goals, etc. I find the online support valuable to keep me focused.

Logging food is key for me, too - I have been able to maintain a 45+ pound loss for two years because I log (almost) everything I eat. I know I would regain the weight if I stopped logging food for more than a few days.

• fastb20vtec8116
    fastb20vtec8116 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, add me if you would like
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just hit the big 5-0 myself so please add me as well, thank you!
  • Freetobeme5
    Freetobeme5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m in my 40s and having a hard time losing weight. I would like to lose 30 lbs using mfp. I would like support and encouragement from this community - feel free to add me 😃. Cheers.
  • rosebud69155
    rosebud69155 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey all! 37, living in good ole Nebraska! 🌽

I’m here to get my nutrition in check. I workout with the Beachbody on Demand programs. I’m currently doing Liift4 in the mornings and Barre Blend in the evenings, with a few workouts from The Prep smattered in there too.

My goal is to lose some weight. My head says 30 lbs, but I’ll know my “goal weight” when I hit it.

Feel free to add me! ✌🏻
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    47 living in NY - add me
  • fatmanthinuk
    fatmanthinuk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello all! How are you? Anyone else been struggling to get out and about exercise wise during lockdown in the UK? I'm a key worker who can fortunately work from home.

But as we've become so much busier during all this, I'm finding it virtually impossible to get out the house weekdays at all. I'm really starting to miss the 15 minute walk each way from the office to the station during normal times!

Anyway, now I've had lunch (at 3pm :grimace:) I'd better get back to it.

Cheers

Andy W
  • andrewjamesatherton9360
    Options
    Hi all, I'll be 40 in 6 months and I've found myself in the worst shape of my life. Determined to get it sorted and be more active. I enjoy exercise but have the worst will power when it comes to food. I'm from high peak in the uk. Feel free to add me
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hope all the middle agers out there and keeping well and staying safe. Lots of crazy stuff happening these days. 2020 is really throwing a lot at us

I've managed to do 2 workouts a day since Monday on my way to fit at 47. Couple more weeks to go. It feels pretty good actually, 30 minutes of cardio and then at least a 40 minute weight video. Now if only I'd stop baking yummy treats.
  • Lady_ArT3m1s
    Lady_ArT3m1s Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just turned 43 and I need to get back on the fitness train! I’m not necessarily new to MFP. I joined originally back in 2013 and I had lost a total of 40 lbs, but then life happened and I haven’t been back since.

Today I was told by my nutritionist that I need to start watching my calorie intake again to avoid having to have knee surgery due to osteoarthritis and a torn meniscus. So, here I am again! Please feel free to add me and we can support each other!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just turned 43 and I need to get back on the fitness train! I’m not necessarily new to MFP. I joined originally back in 2013 and I had lost a total of 40 lbs, but then life happened and I haven’t been back since.

Today I was told by my nutritionist that I need to start watching my calorie intake again to avoid having to have knee surgery due to osteoarthritis and a torn meniscus. So, here I am again! Please feel free to add me and we can support each other!

Wishing you all the best with that knee. My right hip is bad but the doctor doesn't know it yet. Just when I finally decided I should get it checked, COVID19 happened. Will take me a while to get near a doctor's office again.
  • PurplePigLove
    PurplePigLove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 50! No shame! Getting back into running. :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

You still have life and health. My 50 year old friend is having brain surgery today. :'(
  • bfromm25
    bfromm25 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    34–struggling with weight. Feel free to friend me and help keep each other accountable! I need it bad.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

50 is just the beginning! I've friends in their 80s and 90s who are learning new skills and sports. It's never ever too late!
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    Options
    Hello from California ☀️
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

You still have life and health. My 50 year old friend is having brain surgery today. :'(

I hope they do well Tony :)
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi all, 48 years old here! Feel free to add me
  • AlanKmfp
    AlanKmfp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi. Not far from 50. Back on a bike for first time in years thanks to lockdown leisure time. Happy to be added.