The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• nkdstevenson
    nkdstevenson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there - early 30s here. Feel free to add me!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    ruther345 wrote: »
    I have tried everything to take this weight off. I hate to say it but I am quite discouraged. I thought if I would reach out to some other mfp people I could get motivated to keep trying. I love to hear what others are doing on their weight loss journey. Thanks for hearing me out.

What have you been trying to do? How much do you want to lose?
  • ElTriste1973
    ElTriste1973 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    46M just started today. I am at 240 and should be at 200lbs. Must be accountable and would love to be challenged by you guys, thank you!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Hello chaps. I'm a Janner hailing from the SW of England. 56 years old and not in the best of shape.
    Recently bought a sailboat and want to get into better shape for some cruising...

Hey there Janner, congrats on the sailboat that's great. What kind is it and how big? I was in the USAF and I was stationed in England, I loved my time in the UK. Then I was stationed on Diego Garcia - that is where I learned to sail - we learned on a 22' sailboat, had a BLAST.
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    Almost 44 here. Back on the train as of today. Filled with shakes and salads!

That cake thou..... my goodness. I can look and not touch!

Welcome aboard I too am back on the train. Clean eating, I didn't realize how much I could eat (quantity wise) I stay full and feel much better. Good luck on your journey Ranchin'.
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Nice hike up Marys Peak. I was going to head out for a longer hike, but opted for a shorter option to get home and try out the smoker I inherited since I put some fresh albacore in marinade this morning. So glad I went. It was one of those rare day where you could see waves hitting the coast and the Cascade volcanoes.

auxryz4wzt3y.jpg

Definitely enough room in that thing for much more than a one-pound albacore loin.

WOW - nice pictures, what a view and a terrific place to have to go walking. and fresh smoked albacore sounds great. Oregon is such a beautiful state.

• AliNouveau
    Options
    What do you all think about just going gray naturally? One of my Grandmother's sisters died her hair black all the way into her 90s, and looked really good. I think it makes me look like a 30 year old that had a rough night, so I think I'm just going to let it grow out and embrace the gray.

I know a person who embraced her grey. I feel she just looks old but then again she is a miserable, negative, angry person so perhaps her personality is just showing on her face

I personally think natural hair colours are best. Then again I just don't have the patience to colour my hair
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Nor do I! I think it probably does depend on the individual. I do think negativity tends to show up the face even more as we age.
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    What do you all think about just going gray naturally? One of my Grandmother's sisters died her hair black all the way into her 90s, and looked really good. I think it makes me look like a 30 year old that had a rough night, so I think I'm just going to let it grow out and embrace the gray.

I know a person who embraced her grey. I feel she just looks old but then again she is a miserable, negative, angry person so perhaps her personality is just showing on her face

I personally think natural hair colours are best. Then again I just don't have the patience to colour my hair

I agree. It's amazing how positivity and happiness shines through. Although too with a few friends they have admitted they have just given up! What the heck?!?! This just boggles my mind I'm never giving up
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options

Emmylou Harris has done it for years. And check Instagram. Lots of ladies on there who have embraced their gray/silver hair. Look for tags like #silversisters. I like the natural look, personally.

• RandJ6280
    Options
    46M just started today. I am at 240 and should be at 200lbs. Must be accountable and would love to be challenged by you guys, thank you!

Good for you El Triste - I was as high as 243 myself... currently at 223, wanting to get down to 200. How tall are you, I'm 5'8"/.

• Xtian1974
    Xtian1974 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there, 46 yr old chap from the UK - but in a major storyline twist, now live in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The covid cooties have meant I have poured on the weight and would really enjoy doing this in the company of other, like minded folks! Please add me!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Good morning middle agers :)

ih7zitgnj58m.jpg

:D

Luckily my daughter is a hairdresser so maintenance isn't a big deal. I went from dark to blonde and love it.
    Some ladies are lucky enough to go a beautiful white.. I'm hoping for that eventually.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Holy Moley i found a killer YouTube workout channel. Barlates. I have worked out all my life and I was introduced by a friend to Pilates before it was cool and this stuff kicks my butt! I've started doing the easy workouts and even those are killer..... do-able but killer. Totally recommend them if you want to be super challenged
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    ruther345 wrote: »
    I have tried everything to take this weight off. I hate to say it but I am quite discouraged. I thought if I would reach out to some other mfp people I could get motivated to keep trying. I love to hear what others are doing on their weight loss journey. Thanks for hearing me out.

For me, logging and weighing my food was critical. Like many people here, I had tried and failed to lose weight over the years. I had an MFP account for several years, but didn't use it. In 2017, I started a weight loss program and plateaued after losing about twenty pounds.

I was talking to a friend who is a nurse and works primarily with children with diabetes. I was whining about the slow loss. She asked me, "Are you logging your food?". I had to say "Not really". She said "Try logging on MFP for a month and see it that works." She was correct. I was eating too many calories, which is why I had plateaued.

Started logging regularly and lost another 25 pounds over the next 6 months and another 15 over next two years. That's what worked for me. That and all the support from the fine folks here.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    You are so lucky to have her! I cut my own hair(look left) and was quite proud of myself, but I don't think I will try a hair dye myself. I'll have to go tinseled.. :D

ih7zitgnj58m.jpg

Luckily my daughter is a hairdresser so maintenance isn't a big deal. I went from dark to blonde and love it.
    Some ladies are lucky enough to go a beautiful white.. I'm hoping for that eventually.

I'm sure you'll rock the tinsel 😄
  • sh3wolf
    sh3wolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello, go ahead and add me I am 38
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    You are so lucky to have her! I cut my own hair(look left) and was quite proud of myself, but I don't think I will try a hair dye myself. I'll have to go tinseled.. :D

I'm sure you'd look great anyway you go.
  • RandJ6280
    Options

Some ladies are lucky enough to go a beautiful white.. I'm hoping for that eventually.[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm sure you'll rock the tinsel 😄[/quote]

I'm sure she would.
  • davidhsoto
    davidhsoto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome the motivation boost from anyone. :)