Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    I find lately I've been getting a bit bored. Usually at this time of year I'd be skating two or three mornings a week and curling in a couple if leagues and practicing at least one afternoon. I've just started missing the social interaction I get from that and just the activity. I take at least a 5k walk most days partly to kill some time. There's only so much I can clean my house 😂🤣

But hey....were healthy so that's all that matters really
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,374 Member Member Posts: 1,374 Member
    Seem to be less motivated at the moment, weight static I just need to get my focus back been here before so I know eventually I will get moving again.

Good luck folks stay safe and keep moving!
  • ChristianScarpellomfpChristianScarpellomfp Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I am 41years old and never felt better..coming in the shape of my life...feel free to add me....Chris
  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member Posts: 1,674 Member Member Posts: 1,674 Member
    Here as well..brrr. im not going out in it though!!

I couldn't get my pic to upload :(
    edited October 2020
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Snow has finally hit!
    5hs8opr0zguh.jpeg
    178ozhi0hb2o.jpeg

Jealous!!
    We've just been getting lots of rain. If rather snow
  • FourWindsWalkerFourWindsWalker Member Posts: 140 Member Member Posts: 140 Member
    Returned to the site... Jumping in and saying hi. I am at the highest weight Ive ever been in my life. Allowed drastic and huge life changes to give me the excuse to turn to food for comfort. Slowly getting back on track. Learning portion control. Hope to meet other supportive people. Feel free to send me a friend's request. *wave*
    edited October 2020
  • Tishtok__Tishtok__ Member Posts: 25 Member Member Posts: 25 Member
    Good morning middle agers, I haven't visited this community page for yonks! Hope you're doing well and hello from Australia!
  • WildColonialGirlWildColonialGirl Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone! New here, 45, from Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Recently had a scare with my heart and am making some big lifestyle changes. We just lost our dog, who was my biggest reason to exercise, but I’m walking in our neighborhood anyway.
  • Tishtok__Tishtok__ Member Posts: 25 Member Member Posts: 25 Member
    Hi everyone! New here, 45, from Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Recently had a scare with my heart and am making some big lifestyle changes. We just lost our dog, who was my biggest reason to exercise, but I’m walking in our neighborhood anyway.

Hi and welcome, I'm sorry to hear about your dog : ( When my dog passed away at the age of 12, I was devastated.
  • LunaTheFatCatLunaTheFatCat Member Posts: 237 Member Member Posts: 237 Member
    Welcome (back) all, I only rejoined myself about 2 months ago and you know what, it's good to be back. I gained loads in the first lockdown but that's not going to happen this second time around.

Eeeek snow! It's chilly enough here, but thankfully no snow. I like the look of it, but this country just can't cope with it and it will just grind to a halt.

I found a new exercise I really like, calisthenics. It's all bodyweight based. It looks dead easy but it's so deceptive. Nice alternative now that the gym is off limits again.
    I also downloaded the Calm app, to try to meditate/relax a bit more. A little airy fairy perhaps, but my blood pressure is worrying me (I'm measuring twice a day and it's not good at all) so I'm going to give this a good go.
    edited October 2020
  • neilrobertson66neilrobertson66 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I am trying to get motivated and require support. I need a challenge. All help appreciated
  • MrsAcyprus2015MrsAcyprus2015 Member Posts: 35 Member Member Posts: 35 Member
    39 in a couple of weeks :)
  • balanc41balanc41 Member Posts: 1,509 Member Member Posts: 1,509 Member
    Good morning my sexy middle agers! Time to make it a great day by hitting it hard
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Member Posts: 662 Member Member Posts: 662 Member
    balanc41 wrote: »
    Snow has finally hit!
    5hs8opr0zguh.jpeg
    178ozhi0hb2o.jpeg

We're going to be in the upper 70's this week. You need a coat one day, shorts the next. Crazy fall weather. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member Posts: 1,674 Member Member Posts: 1,674 Member
    Morning all, today is our calm from the storm(s) I think. Snowed yesterday, then tomorrow and Friday up to another foot...ughh. I was supposed to take my son on college visit out of town on Friday, but if there's a foot of new snow and 40 mph winds, that's a big fat no. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
    edited October 2020
    Seems everyone is getting snow I need to get my garden prepped for winter but it's been so rainy here lately. I'd rather snow it's easier to go out walking in the snow than rain.

Have a happy Wednesday middle agers. I've picked out a YouTube workout to do already since it's pouring rain outside. Can't wait!
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member

Sorry about your dog @WildColonialGirl losing a pet is really difficult. If you want to walk a dog (and do some good) you might have a program near you for helping people who can't walk their dogs because of terminal illness, old age or shielding concerns during Covid. Locally we have something called the Cinnamon trust who pair people to do this. If you google you'll probably find some "borrow my dog" pages local to you
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    Welcome (back) all, I only rejoined myself about 2 months ago and you know what, it's good to be back. I gained loads in the first lockdown but that's not going to happen this second time around.

Eeeek snow! It's chilly enough here, but thankfully no snow. I like the look of it, but this country just can't cope with it and it will just grind to a halt.

I found a new exercise I really like, calisthenics. It's all bodyweight based. It looks dead easy but it's so deceptive. Nice alternative now that the gym is off limits again.
    I also downloaded the Calm app, to try to meditate/relax a bit more. A little airy fairy perhaps, but my blood pressure is worrying me (I'm measuring twice a day and it's not good at all) so I'm going to give this a good go.

I've watched a lot of videos on callisthenics, not a damn thing looked dead easy :D Really impressive what people can do with the human body though and a bit of inspiration sometimes when I think what I'd like to learn when I lose weight.
  • coffee_n_weightscoffee_n_weights Member Posts: 110 Member Member Posts: 110 Member

I'm so sorry about your loss as well as the scare. Good for you for being able to get out there and walk anyway and work on making those changes.