The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    41 here! Was very active on MFP a while back..then left thinking I could do it on my own and gained it alllllll back and then some.. yeesh! LOL well, add me if you want a slightly goofy, flawed friend!
  • svj72
    svj72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Almost 49 and happy to be alive ☺️
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm back of MFP, maintained 26 pound loss since last year at this time. Working out and logging starts again. Goal is 18 pounds this year to get down to 150. I keep hearing that people wish they started sooner after they have lost their weight. I turned 40 and I want to continue to make healthier choices and be more confident in my appearance. Let's bring on 2021!
  • Novagaijin
    Novagaijin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm new would love some fitness buddies <3
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Back to reality...I was on a pretty good roll and now...my roll is growing again...haha!! I know after a week I'll be back to normal, just too much carbs and booze. Hope everyone had an amazing holiday. Clearly mine was pretty good!!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Still to much yummy food about but as long as I only put on a couple of pounds then I know now I CAN lose it so just going with the flow.
  • KellieLou412
    KellieLou412 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 36 and ultimately aiming to lose 4 stone (56lbs) but taking it 1 stone at a time and reassessing at each milestone. Planning on improving my diet, water intake and walking a lot more at first and then introducing more exercise as time goes on, that I can fit in around chasing after an 18 month old and working full time.
  • bluebirds5
    bluebirds5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A place for us middle agers to become friends and share fitness advice.[/quote

I'm 47 back after a long break. 60lbs to go! Feel free to add me.
  • nea2702
    nea2702 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Been using MFP for some time but just recently started reading and posting. I have lost 130 pounds in last two years and had the me against the world mentality. Well now there is me and then there is the world. I need to start talking to people again and rejoin the world so...hello out there.

130 pounds is so impressive. Well done. You must feel so much healthier.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Nice to see so many kindred spirits in here! I was on MFP for a long time then left and gained everything back. Trying again now. I'm 41 and trying to lose in 10lb increments.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Been using MFP for some time but just recently started reading and posting. I have lost 130 pounds in last two years and had the me against the world mentality. Well now there is me and then there is the world. I need to start talking to people again and rejoin the world so...hello out there.

Wow.. absolutely amazing 👏
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    After what seems like an age away from here I am back again. Knee is knackered, though the doc's cannot give me a definite answer, possible arthritis, damage to the posterior horn, torn ligament on inside of the knee, cartilage damaged etc etc, MRI says one thing, X-rays say another..so painkillers and a limited exercise regime until I know more.
    Not getting me down, not beating me, I am going through it regardless of the pain. It isn't beating me, not while I can still breath.
  • Manga23
    Manga23 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wish 2021 will be better. Stay safe you all. We're in lockdown......no gym, no hairdresser.....don't know which one I miss the most 😂 Let's keep on going strong 👊👊
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good Christmas 💕🎄
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    #nea2702 - that's the best way to do it, good advice! I have found it less stressful not to diet but just to reduce portion size, eat what I want and tweak with exercise.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all. Haven't checked in here for awhile. Good to see that you are all staying active. Fractured my hand back in October, so took a gym break. Time to get back at it. Kept up the walking, so managed a minimal weight gain.

I'm a member of an MFP group called "Lose 1 Pound a Week". Great support, different challenges every week and a weekly weigh-in. It helps me stay on track. They're signing up new members right now. Please join us if you like that sort of thing.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10818588/need-a-helpful-and-motivational-group-join-our-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2021#latest
  • Mojo_Minx
    Mojo_Minx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    36 Years old with roughly ten more pounds to go! Feel free to add me!
  • dancinbythemoon
    dancinbythemoon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have 15 lbs to lose, feel free to add me
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    For as long as this year has been, it seems like it's also gone really fast...so strange.