The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy 2021 to all you middle-aged beauties! Anybody else struggling this week? I just can't seem to get it together for the new year, and get back on track with logging. Usually I'm ready and eager to get back to it. MFP notified me this morning that today is my 5th year anniversary, so this isn't new for me.
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Continuing with the diet I have learned a few fun things. Excess celery eating makes your belly play magic music. Hope everyone has a great day. Feel free to add and Lee me accountable. I will do the same
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Not having my usual wine is making me whine more than usual...haha. But I feel ya. I'm just cranky
  • keystoneshane
    keystoneshane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    New to the boards although not new to MFP. I have lost and gained the same 80 lbs twice. Trying again, this time trying to heal my relationship with food. I rarely eat because I am hungry. I eat for a million other reasons, but not because I am hungry. Would love some new friends!

I've had the same problem of yo-yo'ing. It's disheartening in a way, but also you do know that you can do it again. I've got a good 70 lbs to lose, too. Good luck this year!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    Good morning all!
    I'm feeling a little stabby this morning, because people in general kind of suck, and coffee isn't helping. It's going to be a big game of "willpower" vs "eat the cake so I don't yell at people" today. Wish me luck. Maybe I too need some yoga.
    I hope you're all having a good day!

“Feeling a little stabby”😂😂
    I’m sure that’s a British thing but I’m sure as hell gonna make it a ME thing from now on🤣
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I'm feeling a little stabby this morning, because people in general kind of suck, and coffee isn't helping. It's going to be a big game of "willpower" vs "eat the cake so I don't yell at people" today. Wish me luck. Maybe I too need some yoga.

I think that phase of feeling standby is the best thing I’ve heard in a while
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

“Feeling a little stabby”😂😂
    I’m sure that’s a British thing but I’m sure as hell gonna make it a ME thing from now on🤣

Oh I love this expression
  • kedwards4267
    kedwards4267 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Will be 54 in a few weeks, please add me!
  • MzMujera
    MzMujera Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I turned 53 just a few weeks ago. Looking forward to what 2021 has in store for me.
    Feel free to add me
    My husband and I started a fitness journey together. Been married 17 years and this is the first time we are on the same path at the same time.
  • russellschenk
    russellschenk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Born in '66. Weight has been up and down last decade. Going for 30lb loss with MFP and p90x (lean). Looking forward to hearing others experiences!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I was voracious. I know it was the first day back at work since before the holiday, and those are stressful days in general. But I was literally eating everything in the kitchen, from hard pretzels for breakfast to Haagen Daaz at 8pm. Just not a good day at all.

And I'm sore from yoga. Am I the only person in the world who can get sore doing a soothing, meditative exercise?

We all have those days..but it was just that "YESTERDAY" today is a new day. 🙂
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Not having my usual wine is making me whine more than usual...haha. But I feel ya. I'm just cranky

Just don't eat the cheese with that whine 😆
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Good morning Middle-agers. I hope the only thing snap, crackling and popping in your day is your cereal 😃
  • _wild_phoenix_
    _wild_phoenix_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Can I join?? I mean still technically 29 for another couple months haha fiance says I'm 80 with the way I am sometimes😂
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    OK, I really need to try this yoga thing. Is there a good youtube video or something online I can follow along with?

I like Yoga with Adrienne, with tons of videos on YouTube. I discovered her a few years ago when I really started traveling for work. Do a class and let me know what you think!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    OK, I really need to try this yoga thing. Is there a good youtube video or something online I can follow along with?

I like Yoga with Adrienne, with tons of videos on YouTube. I discovered her a few years ago when I really started traveling for work. Do a class and let me know what you think!

I agree!! I love Adrienne and she’s so easy to follow💕

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! I'll check it out!!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I like Adrienne's dog, he's the most relaxed creature EVER!