The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    karijo475 wrote: »
    Good morning!! Everyone ready for the weekend? Big plans? I’m going out with some friends to celebrate another birthday. She wants to do karaoke.... I’m sure it’ll be fun. Lol

Good afteroon!
    I have a full weekend planned as well - surprise 50th birthday part on Saturday night. But first, a lunch date with my granddaughters. <3
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have to work. :neutral:
    You all have fun, though!
  • zeekhan99
    zeekhan99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    47 years old and 15 stone 6 want to get down to 12 stone 10 I will be a happy man any advice if I hit 1800 calories a day and do a 30 minute walk each day for 2 weeks and build up, would I lose weight? - I have a bad back and recently struggling with Asthma used to run a lot back in 2010 but just can't run I think its down to being overweight as it gives me a lot of pain so need to drop down to 14 stone then start running any advice would be great I am sick of all these quick week fast diets I lose the weight but then it all comes back on again - no good - will My Fitness Pal help me get to my desired weight if I stick to the plan - thanks in advance to all you young 40-50 year olds out there
  • karijo475
    karijo475 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm 44, an engineer and father of a 12 and 8 year old. I've got the typical stressors of folks our age: marriage, job, kids, money and health. Lost ~70 pounds last time on MFP, but didn't handle my "pre-diabetes" and that eventually developed into Type 2. After a run-in with the hospital, I'm actually back on MFP and working on it. I'm down 6 lbs so far on MFP, but down 51 pounds since last December. Wasn't a healthy way down, but I'm working on keeping it off and losing more. Goal is to get below 200! I'm not a clean eater all the time , but working on the calories. As a chemical engineer, I realize its all mass in - mass out. I'm hoping to get more MFP friends to keep me motivated. I'm lifting 2X a week and running another 2 (3 miles and 5 miles). Hoping to get stronger and leaner. Add me!

Congrats on the loss so far!! Even if it wasn't how you intended, it's still a loss and your body will be better for it! Sorry to hear about the Diabetes. Keep going! You got this!! ;)
  • karijo475
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    karijo475 wrote: »
    Good morning!! Everyone ready for the weekend? Big plans? I’m going out with some friends to celebrate another birthday. She wants to do karaoke.... I’m sure it’ll be fun. Lol

Good afteroon!
    I have a full weekend planned as well - surprise 50th birthday part on Saturday night. But first, a lunch date with my granddaughters. <3

A surprise party sounds fun!! The lunch date with granddaughters sounds more fun though ;) Enjoy it!!
  • karijo475
    Options
    I have to work. :neutral:
    You all have fun, though!

That's a bummer!! You'll be with me in spirit ;)
  • karijo475
    Options
    zeekhan99 wrote: »
    47 years old and 15 stone 6 want to get down to 12 stone 10 I will be a happy man any advice if I hit 1800 calories a day and do a 30 minute walk each day for 2 weeks and build up, would I lose weight? - I have a bad back and recently struggling with Asthma used to run a lot back in 2010 but just can't run I think its down to being overweight as it gives me a lot of pain so need to drop down to 14 stone then start running any advice would be great I am sick of all these quick week fast diets I lose the weight but then it all comes back on again - no good - will My Fitness Pal help me get to my desired weight if I stick to the plan - thanks in advance to all you young 40-50 year olds out there

I am unfamiliar with the conversion of stones to pounds. I believe if you pick a meal plan and stick to it - calories in vs. calories out or whatever your plan of choice is then you'll lose and be able to keep it off. You add in exercise and that'll help with the loss and keep it off. However, you have to remember that technically exercise is when your heart rate increases. It's not something that you do day to day. Example - I had a friend that would walk her dog every day for 1-2 miles and she thought this was exercise. While it is, it doesn't help her lose weight because she does it every single day. She wasn't increasing her heart rate at all. It's like walking around your house doing daily things. You need to be sure that your exercise isn't your normal daily routine (hopefully that made sense coming out - I know how it sounds in my head...LOL) Good luck!
  • Yungskittlez
    Yungskittlez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I’m 32 trying to lose 40lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • tishbiv
    tishbiv Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    39 from Texas. Trying to lose 100 pounds before my 40th birthday. Add me. I love having new friends. :)
  • WhalenJR
    WhalenJR Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am relatively new here. I'm 39 years old from central Texas. I have recently turned my life around. I have lost 70 pounds since May and now am within reach of my GW of 185 (only 18 pounds to go). I have also recently converted to vegetarian about a month ago. I have been running in 5k's for a couple of months now and having a blast. So much so that I decided to do a half marathon next spring in DC. If that goes well I will set my sights on an Iron Man (longer term goal).
  • opbill55
    opbill55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    51yo. a few years ago, i was very sick..skin and bone....stupid doctors
  • karijo475
    Options
    Hey!! I’m 32 trying to lose 40lbs. Feel free to add me.

Welcome!!
    tishbiv wrote: »
    39 from Texas. Trying to lose 100 pounds before my 40th birthday. Add me. I love having new friends. :)

Good luck girl! You can do it!!! When’s your birthday?

WhalenJR wrote: »
    Hello. I am relatively new here. I'm 39 years old from central Texas. I have recently turned my life around. I have lost 70 pounds since May and now am within reach of my GW of 185 (only 18 pounds to go). I have also recently converted to vegetarian about a month ago. I have been running in 5k's for a couple of months now and having a blast. So much so that I decided to do a half marathon next spring in DC. If that goes well I will set my sights on an Iron Man (longer term goal).

Congrats on your loss so far!! You’re so close to goal!! Iron man, huh? That’s awesome!! Very inspirational!!
    opbill55 wrote: »
    51yo. a few years ago, i was very sick..skin and bone....stupid doctors

Welcome! Sounds like you’re on a better path now...
  • scooter281964
    scooter281964 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, male,53 from Berks UK, I suffer from asthma so exercise is difficult. I have been cycling to work (5 mile) for about 4 years, running for about 3 and in the last year started circuit training. Always thought with the amount of exercise I did I could eat what I wanted hence my weight never really changed. Light bulb moment about 40 days ago and have been diarising my meals ever since,have gone from 80kg to 72kg fairly easily but I know it's going to get harder. Regular park runner with a new pb of 25.22.add me to discuss life, exercise etc.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 37 and mom of two boys. The weight compounded with each pregnancy and emotional eating my way through a divorce did not help. Anyway, I'm taking a hold of my life again and I am determined to be as healthy and fit as I was before my marriage. Feel free to add me too. I could use all the healthy friends I can get
  • karijo475
    Options
    Hi, male,53 from Berks UK, I suffer from asthma so exercise is difficult. I have been cycling to work (5 mile) for about 4 years, running for about 3 and in the last year started circuit training. Always thought with the amount of exercise I did I could eat what I wanted hence my weight never really changed. Light bulb moment about 40 days ago and have been diarising my meals ever since,have gone from 80kg to 72kg fairly easily but I know it's going to get harder. Regular park runner with a new pb of 25.22.add me to discuss life, exercise etc.

Welcome scooter! Sounds like you get quite a workout daily!!
    Hi. I'm 37 and mom of two boys. The weight compounded with each pregnancy and emotional eating my way through a divorce did not help. Anyway, I'm taking a hold of my life again and I am determined to be as healthy and fit as I was before my marriage. Feel free to add me too. I could use all the healthy friends I can get

Good morning Versicolour! I totally get that! Pregnancy and unhappiness are not a good combo!! Congrats making a change!!
  • draftsman28
    draftsman28 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    40'ish, lifting and gaining
  • jthose31
    jthose31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    41 years old with a goal of 40 pound loss. Feel free to add.
  • rach6191
    rach6191 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI , FEEL FREE TO ADD, FOR SUPPORT ALONG THE WAY.
  • VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 41 here in a couple weeks -- feel free to add also!