The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Lots of new posts here. Since losing my extra lbs in 2011, I rediscovered my interest in running and multisport racing. This year, I've worked with a coach and a registered dietician to become both leaner and faster.

Glad to offer support where I can. And yes, I really am that old. ;)
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Ouch.. just realized that I am middle age :( ...
  • IPedal_4_Pleasure
    IPedal_4_Pleasure Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ouch.. just realized that I am middle age :( ...

It gets worse, wait until other people see you as old because of a number, grrrrr
  • karijo475
    karijo475 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd say hi! Everyone seems to just post their age and location... thought it would be nice to have a dialogue... unless that's not what anyone wants - LOL

I try to log on once a day at least. (It's easier for me to check messages vs. logging in). I spend a few hours every morning at the gym, then evenings are filled with my son's hockey, board meetings for Little League or PTO meetings...LOL

Have a good day!!
    (recap- 42 from Seattle)
  • NewYearNewMe140
    NewYearNewMe140 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Turning 44 in a couple weeks. Have now lost 25 pounds and am more active than I have ever been. Feel free to add me. :)
  • tishbiv
    tishbiv Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    39 from Texas add me!
  • dante8993
    dante8993 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Karijo475 nice to meet you I have a son who played hockey for 18 years and a daughter who is 14 and I did years of board meetings with school PTA I’m now trying to take care of myself I go to the gym three days a week in the mornings and then will try and track what I eat and not lie to myself what I actuallyGood luck on your journey and have fun
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    44 here - friend me if you like
  • Craeftig
    Craeftig Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :wink:
  • jasone0771
    jasone0771 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    45, working out constantly and lovin every minute of it. Already dropped 65 pounds since May of this year.
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    karijo475 wrote: »
    Thought I'd say hi! Everyone seems to just post their age and location... thought it would be nice to have a dialogue... unless that's not what anyone wants - LOL

I try to log on once a day at least. (It's easier for me to check messages vs. logging in). I spend a few hours every morning at the gym, then evenings are filled with my son's hockey, board meetings for Little League or PTO meetings...LOL

Have a good day!!
    (recap- 42 from Seattle)

Hi!
    I am new to MFP and have found the logging tools very useful. Still trying to find my around this app but figuring it out. I'm on a new eating adventure doing the keto thing. All's going well so far!
    I'm working the gym in next week. LOL
    Trying to ease into this.
    I have 3 daughters, eldest got married in July, the other 2, 18 and 15, live with me. I keep busy with work, 4-H meetings and directing a show choir. Nice to meet you!
    (50 from Wisconsin)
  • difab67
    difab67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I just turned 50 just joined. Last few years have added weight. Ready to so something. Feel free to add me.
  • Friday74
    Friday74 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 and married, living in northern Manitoba, Canada. I am busy with my daughter getting married next month, and my 3 stepchildren at home (aged 15 - 18). I work days in mostly office work, and many nights have community group meetings, etc, along with family needs. I am looking to lose about 35 pounds or more - lost 5 already. I usually check in daily. Would love to have more friends on MFP to help keep me motivated. That office work doesn't help keep the pounds off!
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I love how whoever created this thread relegates everyone in their 30's as being "middle aged".....lol...I'm only 33, and I'm far from middle aged. 33 is not middle aged, dog gone it! I'm only 3 years outside of my 20's, for pete's sake. That said, anyone reading this, please feel free to add me!

Don't be offended. He said Upper 30s and you're not there yet. You're still young.

you're only as old as you feel, age is nothing but a number
  • juleswils0704
    juleswils0704 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in a few months. I realized it been heard keeping the weight off or losing it since my upper 30s. Good luck
  • juleswils0704
    juleswils0704 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in January. Live in California with my husband and have a 19 year old son. He actually my stepson but since I known him since he was 3 he is my baby. I gained a bunch of weight about 90 pounds due to being bedridden other than when I went to work in 2008 and lost about half of it after my heart surgery. I was on here for almost a year and I was doing well with my weight loss until I had a stroke last year. I just been recovering. I forgot about this website and finally I found it again. So now I'm back to my regiment. The only problem and it's a big one. I only can do limited cardiovascular exercises.. I am hoping to get lose the rest of my weight which is about 40 pounds by June.
  • vickiwheeler1153
    vickiwheeler1153 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vicki and middle aged, I'm going to be 49 years old at the end of the month, please add me. I'm a jazzercise instructor dealing with my own food issues; I boredom eat and emotionally drink (I'm not alcohol dependent, just got into a bad habit), so now trying to deal with this and conquer my demons. I'm fit but overweight and menopausal. So my goal is to lose 42lbs, and in 05/2019 need to be the sexiest mother of the bride, as I have to face my Ex!
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Feel free to add me
  • iTimBur
    iTimBur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, 49 here feel free to add me as well!
  • robcmat69
    robcmat69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 48 and from the UK. Happy to accept friend requests!