The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I keep pumpin’ the breaks but 50 keeps coming at me faster and faster each day. How the hell did I get to 50 so dang fast? Hell with the way I’ve lived I am shocked I made it this close to 50. I’ll be raising that 50 banner with pride when I get there. Then again I still have three weeks, a lot could happen in three weeks.
    I just wish I was arriving at 50 a little less worse for the wear, but all things considered just to cross that mark for me will be an accomplishment.

I'm right behind you Dave! But I'm fighting it every step of the way!
  • jessicab202
    jessicab202 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    37 from North Texas. I have about 80 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!!
  • CathyMcMac
    CathyMcMac Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am 58 and want to join in! I am going to the doctor on Friday and am hoping she doesn't tell me I have diabetes. I have 45 pounds to lose.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start telling my friends who are 35+ that they're middle aged

I'm sure they'll appreciate that, TnT. I laughed out loud when I read it!
  • karijo475
    karijo475 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    40'ish, lifting and gaining

Welcome draftsman ;)
    jthose31 wrote: »
    41 years old with a goal of 40 pound loss. Feel free to add.

Welcome! I'm sure you'll get that 40 lbs.
    rach6191 wrote: »
    HI , FEEL FREE TO ADD, FOR SUPPORT ALONG THE WAY.

Hi Rach! Support is a must on this journey!
    Soon to be 41 here in a couple weeks -- feel free to add also!

Happy early birthday Voodoo!
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I keep pumpin’ the breaks but 50 keeps coming at me faster and faster each day. How the hell did I get to 50 so dang fast? Hell with the way I’ve lived I am shocked I made it this close to 50. I’ll be raising that 50 banner with pride when I get there. Then again I still have three weeks, a lot could happen in three weeks.
    I just wish I was arriving at 50 a little less worse for the wear, but all things considered just to cross that mark for me will be an accomplishment.

DWBalboa Happy early birthday! 50 will be nothing for ya ;) You look great!
    37 from North Texas. I have about 80 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!!

Welcome Jessica! I have about 70 to lose, we are going to kill it!!
    CathyMcMac wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I am 58 and want to join in! I am going to the doctor on Friday and am hoping she doesn't tell me I have diabetes. I have 45 pounds to lose.

Cathy ~ best of luck to you at your appt!!

• nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! 42 here but enjoying life more than in my twenties!!! My goal was to git 40 in better shape at least and I have... it’s a life change that sometimes regresses... I love to bike on weekends do kickboxing at lunch and box a few times a week... throw some weights in and that is my workouts!!! Looking for new friends who are active... most of mine have dropped off over last 4 years
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    CathyMcMac wrote: »

Don't worry. They claim diabetes is reversible now. Much better to catch it as pre-diabetes though. I was able to roll back all my numbers from pre- to a no diabetes state.
  • lisarae477
    lisarae477 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! 40 in Wisconsin and looking to lose 40! Feel free to add me, looking for support. Struggle with staying on the healthy foods & hoping to start some sort of exercise routine.
  • karijo475
    Options
    Hello!!! 42 here but enjoying life more than in my twenties!!! My goal was to git 40 in better shape at least and I have... it’s a life change that sometimes regresses... I love to bike on weekends do kickboxing at lunch and box a few times a week... throw some weights in and that is my workouts!!! Looking for new friends who are active... most of mine have dropped off over last 4 years

Hi Momi2ashlynn! I'm 42 as well and I had hoped to be where I wanted by 40....I didn't make it, but I'm on my way there! It's funny how friends drop off when our priorities change. I've had the same thing happen. Even one of my best friends I've knows for 30 years...
    lisarae477 wrote: »
    Hi! 40 in Wisconsin and looking to lose 40! Feel free to add me, looking for support. Struggle with staying on the healthy foods & hoping to start some sort of exercise routine.

Lisarae do you have a workout routine you are doing currently?
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m 45. Lost 13 pounds so far and need to lose 100+. Feel free to add me. I’m doing calorie counting and low carb.
  • JayByrd9751
    JayByrd9751 Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I like this idea. I too am addicted to my fitbit.
  • karijo475
    Options
    Hi. I’m 45. Lost 13 pounds so far and need to lose 100+. Feel free to add me. I’m doing calorie counting and low carb.

Good morning jennordhavn! You can do it!! I have lost 71# so far, but have about 70ish to go...If I can, so can you!! Add me if you like and we can keep each other encouraged. I haven't been counting anything this go around just watching what I'm eating. That and I go to the gym 5 days a week.
    Feel free to add me! I like this idea. I too am addicted to my fitbit.

Hi JayByrd! I don't have a fitbit anymore, I use an apple watch. My fitbit kept breaking/dying. Do you find it helps you move more? I know that I do. I have a competition with my friend to see who can get more steps per month... She's kicking my *kitten*! LOL

• WhalenJR
    WhalenJR Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use a tracker from striiv. It has a fun little game with it where real world steps translate into progress in game. I think it helped me keep going. Then I found MFP now all of you keep me pushing to new limits. Anyone who has not please add me.
  • karijo475
    Options
    WhalenJR wrote: »
    I use a tracker from striiv. It has a fun little game with it where real world steps translate into progress in game. I think it helped me keep going. Then I found MFP now all of you keep me pushing to new limits. Anyone who has not please add me.

I've never heard of striiv. Sounds interesting.
  • rachelwiggles
    rachelwiggles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I"m a diabetic...I have been trying to lose weight for five years with no success. I finally gave in to meds and it still feels like an uphill battle. I"m smiling and making 100% effort. I"m vegan, try to be active, and I refuse to let these genes dictate my life!!! Add me if you are having similar issues--I'd love some company!
  • 40xBEFOREx40
    40xBEFOREx40 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    37 here - looking to lose around 40ish pounds. If anyone wants to add me, you know what to do!
  • whittiejo
    whittiejo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm getting closer and closer to 41. I'm trying to make my 40s better than my 30s (health wise). My current workout regimen includes running and weight lifting. Please feel free to add me.
  • fiat70
    fiat70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 47 F and need to lose 20 pounds. So happy to find this forum! Feel free to add me fiat70
  • GoShirelG0
    GoShirelG0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    38. My goal is to shed 50 lbs. I am using Intermittent fasting and low carb techniques. I would really like to have motivated friends with similar goals, so please add me!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    GoShirelG0 wrote: »
    38. My goal is to shed 50 lbs. I am using Intermittent fasting and low carb techniques. I would really like to have motivated friends with similar goals, so please add me!

I'm also trying intermittent fasting and low Carb. Not quite succeeding with the low carb but, but I'm trying.