The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Turb2o
    Turb2o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    40 is around the corner I won't to hit it at lesser weight and less of the creaking bones
  • misfitspanda
    misfitspanda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. 38 year old mother and bus driver. Looking for a couple female friends to support one another.
  • karijo475
    karijo475 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    dante8993 wrote: »
    Karijo475 nice to meet you I have a son who played hockey for 18 years and a daughter who is 14 and I did years of board meetings with school PTA I’m now trying to take care of myself I go to the gym three days a week in the mornings and then will try and track what I eat and not lie to myself what I actuallyGood luck on your journey and have fun

Good morning dante8993! My son had been playing hockey for 5 years now, baseball as well.
    I stopped tracking my food this time around and I’ve done better! When ever I track I do good for awhile then fall off the wagon. So tried this way and I’m down 70#! It’s all about finding what works for you! Good luck!!
  • karijo475
    Options
    karijo475 wrote: »
    Thought I'd say hi! Everyone seems to just post their age and location... thought it would be nice to have a dialogue... unless that's not what anyone wants - LOL

I try to log on once a day at least. (It's easier for me to check messages vs. logging in). I spend a few hours every morning at the gym, then evenings are filled with my son's hockey, board meetings for Little League or PTO meetings...LOL

Have a good day!!
    (recap- 42 from Seattle)

Hi!
    I am new to MFP and have found the logging tools very useful. Still trying to find my around this app but figuring it out. I'm on a new eating adventure doing the keto thing. All's going well so far!
    I'm working the gym in next week. LOL
    Trying to ease into this.
    I have 3 daughters, eldest got married in July, the other 2, 18 and 15, live with me. I keep busy with work, 4-H meetings and directing a show choir. Nice to meet you!
    (50 from Wisconsin)

Good morning lisbydezign! How are you liking keto? I have friends who do it and it seems very restricting! I believe she told me she couldn’t have fruit!
  • karijo475
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! What is your goal for the week?? Mine- drink 100 Oz of water a day! I was doing good then lately I’ve slacked off and I see it in my weight loss....
  • karijo475
    Options
    Friday74 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 42 and married, living in northern Manitoba, Canada. I am busy with my daughter getting married next month, and my 3 stepchildren at home (aged 15 - 18). I work days in mostly office work, and many nights have community group meetings, etc, along with family needs. I am looking to lose about 35 pounds or more - lost 5 already. I usually check in daily. Would love to have more friends on MFP to help keep me motivated. That office work doesn't help keep the pounds off!

Some days it’s a struggle to make time for yourself!!
  • karijo475
    Options
    I'll be 40 in January. Live in California with my husband and have a 19 year old son. He actually my stepson but since I known him since he was 3 he is my baby. I gained a bunch of weight about 90 pounds due to being bedridden other than when I went to work in 2008 and lost about half of it after my heart surgery. I was on here for almost a year and I was doing well with my weight loss until I had a stroke last year. I just been recovering. I forgot about this website and finally I found it again. So now I'm back to my regiment. The only problem and it's a big one. I only can do limited cardiovascular exercises.. I am hoping to get lose the rest of my weight which is about 40 pounds by June.

Good morning! I had open heart surgery about 10 years ago. I am going in for surgery at the end of December and I’m paranoid this time around! One of the reasons I’m pushing so hard to lose weight. I want surgery to be easy, along with recovery!
    I’m sure you can lose those pounds by June! Sounds like you’ve lost quite a bit already? Good luck!!
  • jtcoccia
    jtcoccia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and trying to be the best person I can be. I'm weighing in at 139.2 this morning & i'm 5'6". Would love to get to 128-130 & want to firm up the belly area so I've been learning the TRX suspension cable exercises which are a blast but hard. Yesterday I took a walk & was passing by a hill so I started jogging it up & then back down- did that 3 times. Felt exhilarating as I'm not a runner at all. I want to inspire people with these messages to get out & be active and am hoping to hear positive feedback as well. That will be a huge motivator to not become lax over the winter. Thanx everyone- keep on rockin' it over 40!! YEAH!
  • karijo475
    Options
    jtcoccia wrote: »
    I'm 47 and trying to be the best person I can be. I'm weighing in at 139.2 this morning & i'm 5'6". Would love to get to 128-130 & want to firm up the belly area so I've been learning the TRX suspension cable exercises which are a blast but hard. Yesterday I took a walk & was passing by a hill so I started jogging it up & then back down- did that 3 times. Felt exhilarating as I'm not a runner at all. I want to inspire people with these messages to get out & be active and am hoping to hear positive feedback as well. That will be a huge motivator to not become lax over the winter. Thanx everyone- keep on rockin' it over 40!! YEAH!

I love TRX. After I used it a few times at the gym I bought my own for at home. I have even got my 11 yr old using it!
  • juleswils0704
    juleswils0704 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    karijo475 wrote: »
    I'll be 40 in January. Live in California with my husband and have a 19 year old son. He actually my stepson but since I known him since he was 3 he is my baby. I gained a bunch of weight about 90 pounds due to being bedridden other than when I went to work in 2008 and lost about half of it after my heart surgery. I was on here for almost a year and I was doing well with my weight loss until I had a stroke last year. I just been recovering. I forgot about this website and finally I found it again. So now I'm back to my regiment. The only problem and it's a big one. I only can do limited cardiovascular exercises.. I am hoping to get lose the rest of my weight which is about 40 pounds by June.

Good morning! I had open heart surgery about 10 years ago. I am going in for surgery at the end of December and I’m paranoid this time around! One of the reasons I’m pushing so hard to lose weight. I want surgery to be easy, along with recovery!
    I’m sure you can lose those pounds by June! Sounds like you’ve lost quite a bit already? Good luck!!

I understand completely. Good luck with your surgery and thank you for the encouragement
  • memegirl77
    memegirl77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I will be 40 next month. I am trying to lose 50lbs on this journey called life.
  • juleswils0704
    juleswils0704 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So I am addicted to Mtn Dew, but since starting back on here I have not had any. I have drank other sodas, but i have been slowly stopping to drink that and mostly drinking water. I was in the mood for a sugary drink so i tried my husbands Crystal Lite Lemon Ice Tea. I think I found my cheat drink. I used to drink crystal light all the time because my mom loves it, hut for some reason after my twenties I stopped drinking it and now I am glad I tried it again. Upper 30s and lower 40s I just barely started realizing that soda is one of the reasons I started gaining weight rapidly. I didnt moniter myself on it. I was able to drink a 2 ltr in a day and i did it very regularly. I am hoping i will not cheat.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm hangry today.
  • karijo475
    Options
    So I am addicted to Mtn Dew, but since starting back on here I have not had any. I have drank other sodas, but i have been slowly stopping to drink that and mostly drinking water. I was in the mood for a sugary drink so i tried my husbands Crystal Lite Lemon Ice Tea. I think I found my cheat drink. I used to drink crystal light all the time because my mom loves it, hut for some reason after my twenties I stopped drinking it and now I am glad I tried it again. Upper 30s and lower 40s I just barely started realizing that soda is one of the reasons I started gaining weight rapidly. I didnt moniter myself on it. I was able to drink a 2 ltr in a day and i did it very regularly. I am hoping i will not cheat.

Good job quitting! It can be hard! I used to drink Pepsi often, but now I drink primarily water & a cup of coffee. Every once in awhile a Pepsi sounds good and I'll have one, but I've learned to limit myself. Coffee on the other hand.... yea that's not going to happen :smiley:
  • karijo475
    Options
    CajunTess wrote: »
    I'm hangry today.

Oh I hate when that happens.... speaking of which, I should eat some lunch...only a couple hours late. LOL
  • dlhatch67
    dlhatch67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    CajunTess wrote: »
    I'm hangry today.

This only happens to me when I've had a salad for lunch then gone to the gym and lifted weights, done spinning, and spent a half hour doing laps in the pool.
    When I'm hangry, I feel like the cookie monster from sesame street.
    My solution? Keep drinking from my water bottle until I'm reasonably full enough to make a smart snack decision and not plow down the poor family member blocking my way to the fridge.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    37 Canadian
  • njohnson3328
    njohnson3328 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am just starting out I am 40 and need help to keep motivated to lose this weight I keep putting on. I need to lose it due to health risks
  • karijo475
    Options
    Good morning!! Everyone ready for the weekend? Big plans? I’m going out with some friends to celebrate another birthday. She wants to do karaoke.... I’m sure it’ll be fun. Lol
  • myfavoritealpha
    myfavoritealpha Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm 44, an engineer and father of a 12 and 8 year old. I've got the typical stressors of folks our age: marriage, job, kids, money and health. Lost ~70 pounds last time on MFP, but didn't handle my "pre-diabetes" and that eventually developed into Type 2. After a run-in with the hospital, I'm actually back on MFP and working on it. I'm down 6 lbs so far on MFP, but down 51 pounds since last December. Wasn't a healthy way down, but I'm working on keeping it off and losing more. Goal is to get below 200! I'm not a clean eater all the time , but working on the calories. As a chemical engineer, I realize its all mass in - mass out. I'm hoping to get more MFP friends to keep me motivated. I'm lifting 2X a week and running another 2 (3 miles and 5 miles). Hoping to get stronger and leaner. Add me!