Differences between men and women that are unfair

Options

Replies

• zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    the ability to wear short skirts to work when its hot (i dont mean mini skirts, just above the knee). have you ever seen a guy where business shorts to work? it doesnt happen. we have to wear long pants every working day of the year.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I can go hiking, by myself, and not worry about being attacked.

Is that too serious?

By bears?

I spent 4 days hiking from Easy Pass to Colonial Creek a few years ago. I was planning to hike to Stehekin (in nine? days) but there was a fire and I couldn't stomach the food I brought and I had to bail halfway through. About 15 miles of the trip was through a rarely visited part of North Cascades National Park, the trail hadn't been maintained that year, I went 2 days without seeing another human, there was nothing but elk and bears in the area. NPS made me carry a bear canister. The hippie ranger gave me a lecture. "Bears don't want to eat hikers, they want to eat berries." She told me to announce my presence, state my intentions, and don't get between an adult and a huckleberry bush.

So I spent the next several days saying "Hey, bear" every time the trail was too brushed out to see, or went around a blind corner. To avoid startling one. "Hey, bear. I'm a human, walking down the trail. Just passing through. Visiting, on my way to Stehekin."

"Hey, bear."

Literally the only words I heard for ... I don't know, 36 hours? I didn't expect the solitude to be so heavy.

I spent the last day pretty worried about getting back to my car. I guess that's another gender difference - women must have an easier time hitch hiking. But I got to the road, and five minutes later somebody was taking me to my car, we spent the trip talking about which trails were best.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/564333000

Here's a picture from the first night on the trail, at Fisher Basin Camp.

31327317451_eb1b3b6376_o_d.jpg

Gorgeous! I always make loud bear conversation to let them know I'm coming when I hike...
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Testicles: unfair!

And I think it would suck to be a boy 11-18 unable to control boner activity. Or 8-50, or whatever.

At least when our nips're pointy, people'll just assume; that we're chilly!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Sucks to be a guy too. My poor husband has to give me his jacket when I'm cold, run out in the rain to pull the car up for me, get back out in the rain to open my door, any and all bug disposal, lift all the heavy things and keep me in amazing shoes.

He lifts all the heavy things?. pffft he loads me up with all grocery bags about 5 on each arm and slaps me on the ars and tells me giddy up..

he does give me his jacket and kills any roaches.. he makes me kill stink bugs though.. what a wus.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    Women have periods, cramps, plus we go through 9 months of pregnancy, give birth, and deal bleeding afterwards

Oh yeah?

Well... I have to shave & use antiperspirant

Sometimes
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    zorbaru wrote: »
    the ability to wear short skirts to work when its hot (i dont mean mini skirts, just above the knee). have you ever seen a guy where business shorts to work? it doesnt happen. we have to wear long pants every working day of the year.

UPS driver!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Testicles: unfair!

And I think it would suck to be a boy 11-18 unable to control boner activity. Or 8-50, or whatever.

Yeah, I remember that. "No ... I'm not ready to stand up right now."
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Two words. Cervical mucus.

I ain't complaining, about free KY!
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I think it's totally unfair how men are at the mercy of their hormones! The water retention, weight gain, insatiable food cravings, mood swings and post menopausal mustache is just a horror!
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Sucks to be a guy too. My poor husband has to give me his jacket when I'm cold, run out in the rain to pull the car up for me, get back out in the rain to open my door, any and all bug disposal, lift all the heavy things and keep me in amazing shoes.

He lifts all the heavy things?. pffft he loads me up with all grocery bags about 5 on each arm and slaps me on the ars and tells me giddy up..

he does give me his jacket and kills any roaches.. he makes me kill stink bugs though.. what a wus.

Broke my shoulder a few years ago in a freak skateboarding accident. Have never regained full use of that arm. He does it for me.

aaaaaawwwww.. <3 maybe I can fake a broken shoulder.. :D
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    I think it's totally unfair how men are at the mercy of their hormones! The water retention, weight gain, insatiable food cravings, mood swings and post menopausal mustache is just a horror!

we shave that too.... :#:#:# but this is not TMI Tuesday yet..
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Broke my shoulder a few years ago in a freak skateboarding accident. Have never regained full use of that arm. He does it for me.

Oh goodness, very sorry! I only had a pinched nerve, that hurt; for years!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Two words. Cervical mucus.

I ain't complaining, about free KY!

I utterly adore you duchess!

As I, your comedy!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Oh goodness, very sorry! I only had a pinched nerve, that hurt; for years!

It's ridiculous how much you don't realize you use a shoulder so much until you can't use it anymore!

I had to even cease wearing, button/zipper pants & just wear yoga because it was frustratingly difficult, at it's worst!