Long exercise purely to eat more?

Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    all i wanna know is where people are finding these thin crust pizza's at the store for under 800 calories LOL cause thin crust pizza, store brand here is still almost 400 calories for 1/5th the pizza... and who the hell cuts a pizza into 5ths?!

I eat president's choice thin crust pizzas im not sure if thats a canadian thing or what. Its just the basic little thin crust pizzas. My favorite is the mushroom and garlic one...Even the meaty ones were low but not AS low, 30ish calories more per 1/4...yumyumyum
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,139 Member
    Options
    all i wanna know is where people are finding these thin crust pizza's at the store for under 800 calories LOL cause thin crust pizza, store brand here is still almost 400 calories for 1/5th the pizza... and who the hell cuts a pizza into 5ths?!

Dr Oetker Ristorante pizza. 210 calories for 1/4 of the pizza. We cut it in 8ths, and I have three slices plus salad for a tasty low cal pizza dinner.

Yep, yep, yep! This one is my favourite, they have plenty of different flavours.

l419l6jfadmj.png

One of my favourites too! :)

I eat the whole thing after a long ride. :mrgreen:

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Off topic here but shop bought pizza!...yuck :/ gotta be either home made or from an authentic Italian pizzeria ...
  • Machka9
    Options
    Regarding time to exercise ...

I'm 49 + employed full-time in a sedentary job + attending university part-time, slowly working my way toward a Master's degree ...

I incorporate walking into my commute to and from work ... about 5-10 min each way.
    I walk at lunch ... I've got an hour there.
    I climb stairs at work ... 15 -30 min.
    My husband and I walk or cycle or go to the gym or use our little home gym for 30 min to 1 hour.

That leaves several hours in the evening to do everything else ... study, do housework, projects, etc. etc.

Yesterday was a rest day. I only walked 4.5 km for a total of about 55 min, and climbed just 4 flights of stairs which I didn't even bother to track. So maybe an hour's exercise.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Off topic here but shop bought pizza!...yuck :/ gotta be either home made or from an authentic Italian pizzeria ...

I hear you, and i stayed away from shop bought frozen pizzas for years because they tasted like flavourless cardboard :confounded: But i saw the Oetkers on sale one day and decided to try it fully expecting disappointment! But i was pleasantly surprised, it tasted nothing like the frozen pizzas of yesteryear. I sometimes sprinkle extra cheese on top and add mushrooms with a big salad on the side. My hubby and I go halves,it's makes a quick, calorie friendly tasty meal.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding time to exercise ...

I'm 49 + employed full-time in a sedentary job + attending university part-time, slowly working my way toward a Master's degree ...

I incorporate walking into my commute to and from work ... about 5-10 min each way.
    I walk at lunch ... I've got an hour there.
    I climb stairs at work ... 15 -30 min.
    My husband and I walk or cycle or go to the gym or use our little home gym for 30 min to 1 hour.

That leaves several hours in the evening to do everything else ... study, do housework, projects, etc. etc.

Yesterday was a rest day. I only walked 4.5 km for a total of about 55 min, and climbed just 4 flights of stairs which I didn't even bother to track. So maybe an hour's exercise.

Thats great. Great job wiggling exercise in through the day. See busy productive adults can still fit in exercise...not just...what was it...young with no responsibilities?
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Don't judge me man... But i used to spend more time watching the bold and the beautiful and the young and the restless than I do now exercising. I know which one is a much productive way to spend my time :tongue:

I have been to busy for much TV my full intentions for the next 1.5 days is to go brain dead and watch TV ;D no judgement here. Been weeks. Stupid adulting taking over my life lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I agree with you, but I haven't tried frozen pizza in years either... except Trader Joe's 'tarte d'alsace', which I love and is only 700ish calories for the whole thing (it's always heavier than the 2 servings on the package).

But honestly, there are a couple pizza places in the area that don't go nuts on the toppings and I highly doubt that their pizzas are much more than 900-1000 calories either (as long as you don't pick the extra cheesy/meaty ones).
  • Machka9
    Options
    I like two frozen pizzas here ... the one Christine posted and one other. They are for days when I cycle a moderate amount.

I will go for Dominos pizza (about 1200 cal) on days when I cycle a lot. :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I personally think it is fine if one tries to work off indulgences. It does work - and it also is an educational tool for realizing .."is it worth it?" I read a great post from a man on here who was maintaining. He said he finally learned that over exercising could not work long term and he had to learn how to eat right and it was much easier. I believed him and think it is good advice.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I personally think it is fine if one tries to work off indulgences. It does work - and it also is an educational tool for realizing .."is it worth it?" I read a great post from a man on here who was maintaining. He said he finally learned that over exercising could not work long term and he had to learn how to eat right and it was much easier. I believed him and think it is good advice.

^^ this. It was/is good advice :smile:
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    8 hours of walking is worth it for 8 hours of walking. The pizza is a bonus.

But then I like walking.

Fully agree with you!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Now with cycling ... riding 100 km in about 5 hours will get me the Dominos pizza I like.

I consider that a win-win.

I get to cycle 100 km and I get the pizza. :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I have celiac disease. Gluten free pizza isn't worth this ish.

I have earned indiscretions with ice cream, though.

Generally speaking, I am happiest banking calories for planned indulgences, however and living my life focused on activity as a goal and food being secondary.

I am banking some serious calories for these puppies this month:

http://perudelights.com/corn-starch-alfajores-bite-sized-perfection/
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Ooh, those look good.

I am now thinking of planning a Saturday that consists of an 8 hour walk and a Domino's pizza, as that sounds about perfect. However, we only get around 8 hours of daylight at this time of year, so timing could be tricky!