Ladies, would you date a guy who dislikes gay people?

Options
123457»

Replies

• benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Marqiiz wrote: »
    Marqiiz wrote: »
    I love gay people.

What's up ladies. :*
    I'd like to ask you out on a bro date.

Let's do this!

Dude! Your profile pic looks like Aron Hernandez! You on MFP from your prison cell?
  • benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I guess for some of us, there are limitations when it comes to choosing to associate with people who don't agree with all our beliefs. For many, homophobia and racism are always deal-breakers. Sometimes people believe that "doing you" can contribute to hatred, discrimination, dehumanization, and worse, and so aren't okay with people "doing" racism and homophobia anywhere, for any reason. Some people believe in fact that it's their duty to work toward achieving social justice for marginalized groups through active, critical, conscientious decision-making.

Soooo, have you run enough circles? Or are you going to answer?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Nope, I wouldn't date anyone who is bigoted/racist/sexist. What happens if you marry this guy and you have a gay child? Do you disown him/her?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Don't judge people just because their sins are different from yours. On the other hand, don't condone sin and call it good. There's a lot of Biblical truth in the saying, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." Only God can makes hearts obedient to His Word, and He only changes our hearts when we seek His will and ask for His help. I pray you and your boyfriend, both, will do that.
    This only matters if you believe in the bible or god. If not, then the boyfriend is a homophobe and it should be a deal breaker based on the OP's position.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You forgot to capitalize: God

..... this probably won't go unpunished

Ugh I promised to take my mom to church on Sunday day....I suspect I'll be punished.......

In the form of lightning bolts

Haha. Yeah, my mom would probably live at the church if they let her.

As a kid, I was dragged there waaay too often.

...... The upside is that I now have a ton of church going credits built up.

I'm probably a better person for it.

Well, maybe not.

I'm gonna wear a lot cut top. Why? Cause I suspect god would like to sneak a peek

Nobody could blame him.

Her...nobody could blame her...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Gay people are fun. Dun be hatin.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I'd probably introduce him to some guys who he would never guess are gay and then after he talks about how great they are drop the info on him. And then drop him.

I had a friend in college who was borderline homophobic- learned from his family- and at the end of the year he was floored to find out that another guy in our ring of friends was gay. You could literally see the gears grinding in his head like, "....mom and dad.......are wrong......."
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    This prolly isn't going to be a very popular post :joy:....

But "love the sinner", in reference to being gay, is just never going to sound like a very "loving" phrase to me :joy:

And strangely enough, my gay friends have never been won over by this one either

I think the whole "love the sinner, hate the sin" is completely judgmental & passive aggressive. I also find it curious that this is commonly used in the context of homosexuality. Is this used when someone kills their spouse? How about if they commit assault? Adultery? Not honoring thy mother & father?

And hey - if someone doesn't like the "gay lifestyle" then don't enter into a gay relationship.

46117324.jpg

When my mentally ill brother's anti-psychotics stopped working and he developed offensive world views, my mother and I tried to practice "love the sinner". It was very difficult. Fortunately, his doctors eventually found that Thorazine works for him and he's back to his old self.
  • catbeck20123
    catbeck20123 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Two words hell no!!
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    No
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Prejudice's sinful, so no! I don't see the point, of me being a good person; if I am going to like someone whom isn't!