Ask a mortician

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Have you had experience with the paranormal? Ghostly or unexplainable happenings?

I would like to know this too please.

Me too especially when you are there by yourself and it's all quiet.... :#
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    For some reason i feel emotional. :|
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    @JaneiR36 If a vault isn't used then the weight of the dirt will make the casket cave in our time and bugs could get. Vaults prevent that from happening. I have seen a disinterment once and the casket looked perfect, no dirt or bugs.

@PowerMan40 I knew someone would ask that :D "Angel's Lust" is a myth. Once you're dead your blood stops flowing. Since erections are caused by excess blood flow to the penis, it would make it impossible to have a hard on. Sorry man!

@Heartisalonelyhunter I have never had anyone move, but they can make a burping sound when you are transferring them front table to table. We use eye caps (which are like contact lenses with ridges in them) to keep the eyes closed and the help them maintain their natural shape. The eyes begin to dehydrate sink in within 8 hours.

@melmelw03 Absolutely :smile: We have a rental casket with a removal insert (the bed). When the service is over, we take the insert out and bury you. Wha-La, just like that! Some cemeteries require a vault and others do not. Ever cemetery has their own rules and regulations.

Woo hoo! Because I'm such a bargain shopper. This is exciting news! Now I just need to shop around to see a if anyone local offers coupon deals. And I'm legit serious.

Groupon maybe?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    You guys ask better questions than the kids a career day. They just stare at me like I'm a weirdo.

I think you are awesome! Super interesting thread!

I agree, I have read this whole thing. Even while eating lunch!
  • futureicon
    Options
    So do you guys have a special dead people hair and nail person for open caskets?
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Do you prettyfy the corpse? I got questions if you do
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    So do you guys have a special dead people hair and nail person for open caskets?

My aunt used to do hair and makeup on corpses.
  • futureicon
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    futureicon wrote: »

My aunt used to do hair and makeup on corpses.

At least they don't move around a lot.
    source.gif