2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• alexis_cp
    alexis_cp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love to be adopted! I'm a university student who is looking to lose a lot of weight. I'm pretty busy so I was going to start slow on the exercise front and mostly focus on what I'm eating.
  • hball0423
    hball0423 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im Hayley. I am a single mother of two kids, Sam (2 1/2) and Olivia (1). They are my entire world. Also, I work a desk job as a office manager but only have a 30 min lunch. I am looking for a Mentor to help me figure out how to do this. I am 5'2", 198lbs (please don't judge). My doctor has recently stated that now that I am taking back control over my depression, we both agree that I should lose weight. I am currently size 16/18 but I would like to be down to a size 8/9 again.

I just need someone to help me through this.

• zofekete
    zofekete Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like to be adopted too. 45 years old male, 6' , started from 346.
    Decades of sitting in front of a computer for work and free time both, while enjoying good foods...

Today it is 307. Need to go under 200.

I would be happy to get a mentor.
  • Anacortes56
    Anacortes56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm looking for someone who'd like to mentor me. I'm pretty self-motivated but need someone whose more savvy and knowledgeable than I am with current nutrition and exercise advice.

I've just turned 55 and, while I've spent most of my life as a healthy, active female, I'm now on 2 rx for high blood pressure with "age-related" osteoporosis and a rather chronic, severe neck ailment that has me medically prohibited from any exercise other than limited walking. Exercise has always been my stress-relief and diet-motivation so I'm truly struggling these days. After a year of being home-bound (due to severe and constant neck pain and restricted physical mobility), I'm only recently able to walk and move more each day.

Losing the extra 15-20 pounds I've put on in past year or two would help lower my BP and raise my self-esteem. I've spent the past 30 days on MFP following a Plant-based Whole Foods plan with very limited dairy, variation, etc.

I'd truly appreciate a helping hand....

Thanks!
  • NikkieMullet
    NikkieMullet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to be adopted. I am coming back after being a way for a while, but would love some support, tips, tricks and a cheerleader :smile:
  • lisa96x
    lisa96x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to be mentored :)

I'm British, 20, 5'2 and weigh 105lbs. I'm very slim but have wide hips. I want to tone my thighs and bum and to get rid of some cellulite but I don't want to lose too much weight.

Planning on starting the gym in a couple weeks but at the minute I'm just doing workouts on YouTube like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred
  • fatpeach88
    fatpeach88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello im 28 years old from Australia i weigh 109.9kgs and I think I would like to be adopted. I am currently going to the gym and counting calories but I often find myself slacking and I'm getting really sad because its a stupid cycle for me. I need someone to shove me someone to help me work out a routine someone to answer all my stupid questions about different exercises instead of getting confused because of dr google.

I don't wanna be like this anymore, I don't want to die, I don't want my son to be teased at school anymore because of my weight. I have 2 kids I want to see grow up. (1yrs and 10yrs)

I'm looking to lose 50kg, about 5 or 6 sizes. I enjoy weights I tried running but it was to much pressure on my knees and ankles.
  • amm758
    amm758 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love it if someone could mentor me, and show me how to get the most out of this app!! I am 22 and need to lose about 100 pounds. I work full time and go to school and have no idea what I'm doing.
  • beginforthelasttime16
    beginforthelasttime16 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Mentor Wanted:

I've sent a couple messages to people on the list but just in case I don't hear back, I'm putting this on here as well!

I'm not exactly a "noob" but I just don't have it all figured out yet. I yo-yo back and forth with dropping weight and gaining it right back. I really want to beat this cycle and have someone in my corner to show me new strategies, recipes, workouts, motivation, whatever. I'm over losing the same 10-20 pounds!

I had a lot of success about 7 years ago when I first tried to lose weight but some unfortunate life circumstances saw me gain all the weight back and then some!

I'm 27, 5'5'', I sit at a desk job all day, and I'm looking to go from 215-150ish.

I'll take your suggestions and I will check in as often as you are willing!
  • neighaa
    neighaa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to be mentored. I am new in lifting and want to learn more, lift heavy and be strong in general.
  • alaamatter45
    alaamatter45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm looking for a mentor .. I'm 25 , 5.2 and 218 pound ... my goal wight is 133 pound ... i started workout from home four days ago and a new diet too.
  • BrookeNicole888
    BrookeNicole888 Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello, my name is Brooke and I'm looking to be adopted! I am a 28 year old Texan living in London at the moment. I am 5'7 and currently 217. I would love to lose around 60 pounds.

I am completely new to the weight loss world and don't know where to start. I am a housewife with plenty of time on my hands, but I really struggle with motivating myself and getting started when it comes to working out. Having a mentor is just what I need! :)
  • MissShortyxo
    MissShortyxo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to be adopted by a mentor!

I am 19 years old and just starting to actually get serious about my weight loss. I've been going to a gym for about 6 months now and I mainly focus on strength training with a little cardio. My main goal is to be strong and healthy rather than just lose weight. That being said, I am 5'1, currently 208lbs. My most comfortable weight was around 165, so that is around where I would put my goal.

I am looking for someone to help me focus a little more on my diet and help me further my progress at the gym.

--Josey
  • Whit_88
    Whit_88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to be adopted by a mentor as well.
    I am 28 years old, mother of 2 boys (9 and 4). I am 5'3 and 200 pounds, this is the biggest I have ever been and I hate it. My goal weight is 140, that is where I feel the most comfortable. I'm looking for all the advice I can get in both diet and exercise. I don't come from an active 'healthy' family. The things most people learned about healthy eating as children, I've been trying to learn as an adult. It would be really nice to have someone helping me take the steps I need to be better/feel better. Thanks!!

Whitney :p
  • o0Meggy0o
    o0Meggy0o Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ill throw my name in the hat, adopt me
  • awesome_socks
    awesome_socks Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I would love an accountability buddy! I lost about 30lb about a year ago and 15 of those have crept back on due to life/work stress - I eat my feelings for sure! Having very little actual beneficial knowledge of how to lose weight safely I always fall off the wagon from going to hard too fast and burn myself out.

Currently sitting around 215 and would ideally like to get to 175 (even though I am 5'4 I feel comfortable at that weight so that is my main goal - but wouldn't mind getting down to 150 baby steps). I do enjoy running and would love to tackle a group class but I am terrified of huffing and puffing on the verge of dying the whole time so I haven't had the courage to go yet.

I'll quit rambling but I would appreciate some help, guidance, motivation, and general education on how to tackle and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Even just a check in buddy once a day would be nice. I also just got a fitbit and welcome friends on there as well! :)
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to send a PM to people asking for a Mentor, but PM's arn't working atm for me. You can try and PM me if you are looking for a Mentor still
  • lilirose112
    lilirose112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    - I volunteer to be adopted. New to MFP from Toronto. love powerlifting and HIIT, my job is sitting for 7.5 hours a day but when im in the gym i am super pumped ( not always :/ cmon im only human ;) ) would love to converse with someone to share this journey. to motivate each other. to make this journey fun and strong.
  • neighaa
    neighaa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    - I volunteer to be adopted. New to MFP from Toronto. love powerlifting and HIIT, my job is sitting for 7.5 hours a day but when im in the gym i am super pumped ( not always :/ cmon im only human ;) ) would love to converse with someone to share this journey. to motivate each other. to make this journey fun and strong.

i am all for this. I have recently started lifting and enjoy it soooh much. I would like to share my experiences about lifting and be shared yours also. Oh yes, my job is to sit for all day long. I also eat crap almost the entire day which is negating all my hard work, yes, I am trying to do something about it.
  • crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Kinda a noob to this need someone to pick me up an help. Wounded veteran year out from open heart surgery.
This discussion has been closed.