2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• Mattspee
    Mattspee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've recently went from 14 stone to 12 stone 5 in two month I'm 23 years old 5 ft 9. I've recently uploaded pictures of my progress on my profile if anyone thinks they can help me become aesthetic as fkkk then please help haha I want to look awesome!
  • Lin20281
    Lin20281 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    New to MFP and trying to learn as much as I can. On my own from Oct 2 to now, I've shed about 45 pounds, but still have something like 80 to go. Can use all the help I can get and if anyone is willing to adopt me, BLESS YOU!
  • barbaraprudhomme
    barbaraprudhomme Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be adopted. I'm a 35 mother of twins who works full time but is devoted to getting into shape again. I have been slowly putting on weight over the past few years despite my best efforts, which has been really frustrating. I'm quite active, so I'm sure it's mostly to do with my food. I need someone to guide me, hold me accountable, and help me learn how to eat! Thank you :)
  • Pippavanderpost
    Pippavanderpost Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Does sound cool to be adopted :) I thought Noob was someone who is a bit slow on the uptake. Newbe = Noob I get it now.

I don't mind being a sponsor too, happy to help anyone who wants that moral support. I don't judge, I've been through tough times as has everyone. "The start to this challenge is to take the first step." and keep going...
  • PoeticDove
    PoeticDove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love a mentor. Someone to chat with and help me better meal plan and progress with.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I'm what you might call a prodigal son noob.

Readers Digest version: In 2006, I was a fairly athletic 220 (6' tall).
    Tore my achilles January 2007, had complications (understatement), staph, not ambulatory for seven months.
    Began rehab/physical therapy September 2007. Weighed about 330lbs.
    FINALLY unaided (no scooter/crutches/cane/etc.) walking by Spring 2008.
    Began law school. Studied hard. Stress ate a lot. Started 2009 at 400+lbs.
    Decided something had to be done.
    Stopped drinking soda.
    Started limiting meals to one plateful.
    Started 2011 at about 315lbs. Stayed there for a couple years.
    Introduced to MyFitness Pal. Started counting calories. Started losing weight.
    Introduced to 30 Day shred. Added it to my calorie counting routine.
    Started 2014 at about 245lbs. Got to about 230lbs by the end of the year.
    2015 Got down to 225lbs...but then started struggling with new stress in work/homelife/etc.
    Fall/Winter 2016 at 297lbs. Desperate for change.
    Stopped drinking Alcohol.
    Reduced soda (I drink a few diet Dr. Pepper a week, and a couple Zero Monsters/Rockstars a week).
    Started limiting servings to one plateful. (I'll cheat and grab an extra handful of chips at lunch.)
    Started walking/running again.
    Back on MFP.
    Need help.

I still have my blog up from when I was on here before. You can take a look if you're interested in knowing me better.
  • joolywoolysei
    joolywoolysei Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am looking to be adopted... always been pretty fit and health minded, but my routine has gone astray over the last 2 years due to family issues.

Just looking for some support to get be back on track. I am 37 and have just over 2 stone (28lb) to lose. My goal is September of this year, but I am looking to get back into a long term fitness routine and goals.
  • Sputnik26
    Sputnik26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking for an Accountabuddy (or mentor)

I'm a 36 year old mother and I've been on and off this site for a few years. I've logged in just about every day for the last 5 months because I want this to be the last time I try to lose weight.

I'm just over 5'9 tall, my heaviest weight is 171lbs (Sept 2016). I'm currently 162lbs and my goal is to lose weight in my thighs and middle (ideally weighing in at 150lbs) by the summer.

I do zumba about 3 times a week and do upper-body weight training 2x per week.

I'm looking for a buddy who understands what its like to be a mother and work full time while trying to lose weight.

Thanks!
  • jedandme
    jedandme Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sputnik26 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a buddy who understands what its like to be a mother and work full time while trying to lose weight.

Thanks!

Hi Sputnik. I don't work outside of the home full time but I have a part time job, I babysit three kids out of my home 6 days a week, and I have five kids of my own. Even though I don't really work the same amount of time, I know the struggles you're going through! Send me a request if you want.

• celeryfish
    celeryfish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi please adopt!!!! I am having so much trouble sticking to a diet... ivw been trying to start for three months almost but I end up binging. Snacking has been killing me !!! I am trying to go from 130-110, I am 5'1
  • sarahbelle5150
    sarahbelle5150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a noob... I've been on here off and on over a year now. But I could really use an accountability buddy so that I can stick with it and find balance to maintain a healthy lifestyle instead of counting calories til I'm dead.
  • tncarb3603
    tncarb3603 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to be adopted!

I'm a 22 year old college student in Athens, GA. I don't keep any junk food in my house, but I'm still having a hard time losing weight. My ultimate goal weight is 145 lbs (-55 lbs). I need motivation and guidance the most. I just don't know where to start. Help would be greatly appreciated!
  • AurorabelI
    AurorabelI Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I want to be adopted! 150 pounds to loose and dedicated! :smile:
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am a'Plateau Connoisseur', meaning I have a skill of not losing weight just maintaining or gaining. I need the motivation to not remain stagnant but to push through the plateaus once and for all! Who's with me? Add me!
  • dennisTee
    dennisTee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sure adopt me...... WHY NOT
  • hodan92
    hodan92 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'd love to get the support from a person that knows what they're doing when it comes to excerseise and loosing weight in a way that it stays off. I've lost a lot of weight before 35kg but can't seem to keep it off for long it slowly but surely creeps back up to a number I'm not comfortable with.
    I'm 5'7 and 74kg looking to get down to 60 kg.
  • brendasteve
    brendasteve Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How do you know the appropriate amount of fat to have in a day. I am struggling with so many questions. I am on my 13th day of keto.. I have been sticking to under 20 grams of carbs per day but am concerned with the amount of fat I am taking in (max of 150) I am scared this is too much. Help!
  • trickeydesigns
    trickeydesigns Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Mentor! I want to be ADOPTED❤️
    I'm not sure where to start so here is me in a nutshell...

-I'm a 39 year old from Missouri
    -4'8" and 107lbs I know what your thinking..this girl is crazy. She doesn't need to go on a diet...well it's true..yes I'm short so I don't have a lot of room for fat lol. I've had recent liver surgery and can't seem to get my core back to shape and doesn't help that I'm a carb-o-holic either!
    -I have always been active but ever since surgery I've managed to lose it all. My main goal is to ultimately train for triathlons again, have a toned stomach with defined abs, upper and lower strength and just be overall healthy, strong, happy, energetic and down right sexy
  • jrsc28
    jrsc28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just getting started and looking for someone to help me keep accountable and give me some advice.
    - I'm 25 years old
    - I'm 5'7 and 325 lbs. I've been obese my entire life.
    - I've been here before but never for more than a couple of months. I need to change that this time.
    - I'm just starting my journey. I've lost 17 lbs so far and I need to lose about 175 lbs more to be in the healthy weight range so it's going to be a long hard battle. I need someone who will stay committed and help me even when I don't want to help myself.
    - So far, I've been lucky. I've managed to come this far without my weight causing any major health issues besides a bad back and a bum knee. I'm frightened that if I continue at this rate though, that won't be the case for long. I need to take control of my weight and my life.
  • rcan64
    rcan64 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to be adopted.

I am 220 lbs 5'6" looking to get as close to 165 as I possibly can. I have Type II diabetes, asthma, gout in both feet, and corpal tunnell in both hands. (Still able to walk and use legs and arms naturally just at times it can be uncomfortable to painfull for me.) I am seeking help in knowing how to safely use the machines at the gym so as to gain lean muscle and not to over-do it to hurt myself. (Trainers cost too much). Also advice on clean organic eating. I am working on portion sizing which is hard for me because I love food and come from a family of food lovers.
This discussion has been closed.