2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• NRGTRAINING
    NRGTRAINING Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to mentor :) I'm a PT (generally work with women struggling to lose weight) I have been in the fitness industry for 5 years after having lost 5st tracking in MFP :)
  • Dancelaze
    Dancelaze Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Adopt me!

I'm 22 and I've been doing keto for about 6 weeks now, I've lost 15lbs and now weigh 207 lbs. I go to the gym twice a week and hope to increase that eventually! I think I need someone to mentor me to help me avoid binges and motivate me to get off my butt more often!
  • mblasser
    mblasser Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to be "adopted"!! I am rather new to MFP. 55 yo married female with teens. I do not have too much more to lose! 11 pounds until I hit my goal weight, but 5 additional will give me the "wiggle" room I need for encouraging scale numbers during those morning/evening weight fluctuations. My most faithful exercise is housework and walking. A few days a week I do some low impact exercises in my home.
  • pttrsnbd
    pttrsnbd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking for someone to help keep me on track. I have tried this probably 3-4 times and have not succeeded. I also have never had a friend or partner to help nudge me along. I am going to be 49 this year and I need to succeed this time for my own health. I am not into sports, however, I do walk, lift weights, and cycle.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    @NRGTRAINING @rajeshvvcool Thank you for being willing to mentor! I have added your names to the OP.

Noobs please reach out to mentors who have posted for help.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    I could use some help from someone who has been there and done it! I realize a lot of info is theory, but there is so much that I don't know or understand yet, and I want to give myself the best possible chance at losing this weight. Someone I can confide in that wont judge or treat me like I'm stupid. There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity. I want to do this!
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    Have you lost a good amount of weight before? Do you use weights? Do you do cardio? Do you know about all the abbreviations on here and make sense of them? How much do you know vs. guess?
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    awesome!! Happy to have you! (as a mentor) lol
  • connorcombdon
    connorcombdon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Would love to mentor someone. :)

Little about Me: I am 19, male from Ontario, Canada. I have been active for most of life, but only starting going to the gym seriously over the past year. I live a busy life with school, work, and a social life. However, I still manage to workout 5-6 times a week, and I will ensure you begin to do the same. I reached my goal to become leaner, but still have much work to do to build muscle. Therefore, weather you want to lose weight or gain muscle send me a friend request and let us get to it. I have also started a community called Workout Buddies for Life, which is going to be a community that helps each other to be motivated and strive to reach their goals. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119479-workout-buddies-for-life
  • semichcsc
    semichcsc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Mentors and Mentees. I am looking for a Mentor, I am Europe based - Thank you.
  • tsaun22
    tsaun22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Trish, I am from Ontario, Canada. I am 22 years old, 5'8" , and 259 pounds. I have gained 100 pounds over the course of 3 years and I am ready to lose it. I am looking for people with similar goals to have as friends on here :). Please add me!!
  • lysslapier
    lysslapier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would really like for someone to adopt me! I am 18 and have been using MFP for 30 days today, except I'm basically clueless on how to go about things.
    I'm a senior in high school and I'm trying to lose about 35 pounds. I am 165 right now. I am also 5ft. tall.
    I had scoliosis surgery and therefore cannot do many core workouts such as sit ups, and crunches. It's been 3 years since the surgery but it's really affected me with losing weight. Before the surgery I had to lose weight, and I got to be 122 pounds. Since then I haven't been able to lose weight. I'd really like for someone to help me through and show me the basics. I'm not so much concerned with weight as I am seeing results.
    Hopefully someone sees this and saves me lol, just message me/ friend me or reply to this if you're interested in mentoring me! I really want to live healthier and get in shape.
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'd love to mentor u ad I also have some physical limitations. But u will have to request me as a friend. There is a glitch in my account that's not letting me send a request.
  • GrayRider61
    Options
    klglace wrote: »
    I would be so greatful if someone were able to be my guardian and keep me on track and help accountable. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! (Thank you in advance!!! ;) I am a 48 year old women 5'2" at 180lbs (lost 5) I have type 2 diabetes,and seversl other medications. My children are both grown and way out of the house.I am going on two cruises, April and May so I started this program and have stayed true to it for 33 days now, with only a 5lbs loss I have been advised that I need to take days off for my body to rest. I am very confused about what is right and /or wrong. I wish someone could be of some help.

I think I can help you if u still need a mentor.
  • GrayRider61
    Options
    Might have typed my reply in the wrong place. I think I can help you.
  • GrayRider61
    Options
    im a noob!

R u looking for a mentor?
  • ibouji
    ibouji Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Someone please adopt me!!

I'm 30 y.o. female looking to lose 25lbs. I've started training 3 times a week with a trainer (former Olympic athlete) and will try to do cardio sessions on my own another 3 times a week.

I need help on the food front, specifically meal prep strategies because I lead a busy weekday life and can make bad choices when I don't have anything to eat at home. Please help me...
  • AshleyMarrie
    AshleyMarrie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need a mentor someone to keep me account able. need to lose 50+ Pounds.
This discussion has been closed.