massage by a man or woman???? does it matter to you????

Options

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have been seeing a massage therapist along with a chiropractor, every two weeks for the past 6 years. I have had both male and female massage therapists. As far as I am concerned it doesn't matter what gender their body is. What matters is if they are good. I prefer a deep massage and in my experience most female therapists simply are not strong enough to get the job done. I have had a couple that are great. My current regular MT is male. He is also african american, not that that should matter either. He does a fine job of helping my body function better and is a good compliment to my chiropractor's practice.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've had male and female physios. My masseuse is a guy. It doesn't make a difference to me, it's healthcare, same reason I don't care what sex my doctor is.

That being said, my physio visits and massages could never be described as feeling good, they all involve some amount of pain, and maybe that influences things.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    WTH is this in the Debate section?

What's the debating point?
    216.gif

because I really didn't know where to put it! didn't seem like chit-chat, fun and games, etc seemed more like a poll/debate? idk

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Before I went for my first I tried to book a massage with a woman because I'd be more comfortable being naked around one but at the time they needed to reschedule so I got a man instead. I've seen him a few times now and while I love the pressure that he uses and I appreciate how respectful he is of me I am still fully aware that I am naked under that sheet and I feel like I could forget about that if he'd been a woman.

But I don't let that stop me from seeing him again but he's really helped sort out my back issues. Also, I'm not gonna lie, he's really, really cute.

Is it normal practice to be naked for a massage?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I like men, well I like one particular man, well I like my masseur

He's a proper sports masseur...he's got big hands, use lots of force and he can help fix my body so it works better.

I don't like him when does my adductors though or uses his thumb or elbow

I like him after...just not during

Kind of like my trainer TBH
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    Before I went for my first I tried to book a massage with a woman because I'd be more comfortable being naked around one but at the time they needed to reschedule so I got a man instead. I've seen him a few times now and while I love the pressure that he uses and I appreciate how respectful he is of me I am still fully aware that I am naked under that sheet and I feel like I could forget about that if he'd been a woman.

But I don't let that stop me from seeing him again but he's really helped sort out my back issues. Also, I'm not gonna lie, he's really, really cute.

Yes. But completely covered by a sheet, except the part they're working on.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    As an aside: The deepest, most powerful massages I ever had were from a tiny, slender, petite woman - I'd be surprised if she weighed as much as 110 pounds. She swore it was all about properly using leverage & body weight. Since then, I have no illusions that one needs a large or male MT to get a very intense massage.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't think I'd care either way. I've never seen a masseur. As long as they are good, I'll be back!

I've had women that were to gentle and some too rough and it's just uncomfortable.

I say give the fella a go and see.

ETA I leave my undies on.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I prefer women to massage me, but only because I'm a huge weenie and don't like a lot of pressure.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    @deluxmary2000
    Me too! I don't like deep tissue massages, they hurt too much. I want a massage that relaxes me with only medium pressure on my back and shoulder. And I prefer a woman.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

Is it normal to wear clothes? I've never heard of not being naked.

I'll keep my thong on usually
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I'd ask for a woman, personally. It's my personal hang-up. I know it's not a sexual practice, but I turn red in the face when a guy just puts his hand on my shoulder.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have had to go in for deep tissue glute massages and am totally comfortable with a guy. I just want someone who knows what they're doing.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    The last sports massage I had was done by a 4'11 women who probably weighed under 100lbs. She still managed to make every part of me hurt (in a good way).
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I have had to go in for deep tissue glute massages and am totally comfortable with a guy. I just want someone who knows what they're doing.

This.

I'll take competence any day.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I've had massages by both men and women and I don't have a preference either way.
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    They should remain professional at all times. I've been to both genders and after the initial "awkwardness", I see a male one regularly and I find it better than female ones just because of the pressure. It almost seemed the females wouldn't apply the pressure I wanted. I go for more deep tissue/migraine issues and the females always just wanted to give me Swedish massages, which do nothing for my neck tension.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    From a business perspective, it sounds like males are undervalued on the market, and you have an ample pool from which to sort through and select. I think it would be wise to call at least a couple in for an interview and do your due diligence. On the one hand, yes, people might be more leery of men, but on the other hand, if you have an applicant who really stands out above the others, it's a great opportunity to grab an undervalued blue-chip stock, and then help your clientele to see the benefit of your pick.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I have never had a massage before, however I am considering it more as I get older. This has been interesting to read, all the conflicting thoughts I have had have been verbalized. I am glad to see that my confliction isn't abnormal. OP, I wish I had advice for you, but I am double minded and don't know what to say.