You know you're old when...

Options

Replies

• drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    When every car you drove was rear wheel drive, had either a straight six or a V-8 (big block or small block) and ran on regular LEADED gasoline that only cost well under $1/gal .....

Your phone was on a "party" line ......not a cell tower. And you HAD to cook your popcorn and oatmeal on the stove .......
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    When you watch a music video of that song by David Byrne and St. Vincent and you laugh wondering "Who's that old guy acting all David Byrne-y." Then you realize it IS David Byrne...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    You know you're old when..

I dunno, but I've learned:

Never waste and erection.
    Never pass a bathroom.
    And NEVER trust a fart.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.

Try 12. :indifferent:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have to do a double take when I hear 80's music on the oldies station...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You consider buying MGMT tickets online, but it's $83 for two tickets and you reminisce about paying $5 to see They Might Be Giants play at your college.

And then you say, oh well, I don't want to stand around with the obnoxious hipster kids who listen to MGMT anyway (even though I like them, too)...the fiance and I could have a nice dinner out, with wine, and see a film all for that money.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    body parts can predict weather.. accurately lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

LOL I was "out of high school for four years" 31 years ago

Exactly! I've been out of high school for 18 years, and I'm always flattered when people think I am a college student - even though they could mean a non-traditional college student - since I graduated from college 13 years ago this summer :-D
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    When you get the 2 day hangover...ugh.

^^ this.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    When student drivers and kids with their first jobs look like they're in the fifth grade.

I also had to explain what camera film was to my 10 year old the other day.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Um... Depeche Mode will ALWAYS be worthy of airplay... regardless of the format!
  • radcliff17
    radcliff17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

4? ...I'm a little closer to a decade...haha

Try my kid just graduated from my high school.....4yrs lol
  • radcliff17
    radcliff17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    and everyone at my daughters highschool knows who "the who" is....
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    The generation gap. What a timeless human experience! :D
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    When your youngest childs next birthday is the age you were when you had him:sad:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    When you're at work doing a study on one of the guys working on the dock and think he's kinda cute... then find out he's the same age as your DAUGHTER.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My sister found a t-shirt that says "Am I old or is the supermarket playing some great music lately?" I laughed and then thought that, sadly, I think I'm aging.

When I get super excited about a station that just plays 80's and 90's music the same way my dad got super excited when he found a station when I was little that played 60's and 70's.

When the movies I grew up with are advertised as "new classics."
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    when your son turns 16 and officially leaves school :(

when you realise all the cool slang words you used to use when you was younger have been replaced by new ones that don't make sense to you

when you ask your son if he has ever used a public phone box and he laughs and holds up his mobile phone (no basically)

when pocket money is now provided with notes instead of coins (i remember being chuffed with 50p, my son would give it back if i offered him that now)
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The first-year lawyers hired at my law firm are young enough to be my children. When I started at the firm, they were prospective dates. Ugh.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The first time you yell at a cloud! :laugh: