You know you're old when...

Options

Replies

• Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Someone says, "You look good for your age"

Um..I'm 24. I guess that's "old" to a teenager.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    - you're in bed by 9 p.m.

- you worry about getting enough fiber.

- you see these young "famous" people on TV and have no clue who they are or why they are famous.

- and a big night for you is hitting the Wal-mart after dinner time.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.

Lol well actually I think the good news here is that if you are still comparing things as "time since high school" you are still very young.

I was feeling old when I realized the COLLEGE student I was working with was born in the mid-90s.
  • kathynrick
    Options
    Ahh so much truth in that one!!!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    your toy-boy husband becomes a grandfather.........jeeeeezzzzzz
  • doriyoung
    doriyoung Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When the latest NFL draft picks are young enough to be your child.

OMG - right???
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    When you don't want to go to concerts because they are just too loud.
    When you go out to eat at 5pm to avoid the dinner rush.
    When 8:30 starts sounding like a good time to go bed.
    When get up in the morning and everything snap and pops and it takes a second to straighten up.
    When you tell your daughter that today's music is junk.
    When you decide it's time to stop squinting at everything and get a pair of reading glasses
  • hifi898
    hifi898 Posts: 54
    Options
    ...when Bon Jovi is, in 2013, the highest grossing 'Classic Rock' act out there...and you wore out 'Slippery When Wet' in the 8th grade and tried to score tickets to his concert...

...when you realized you just downloaded Nine Inch Nails 'Pretty Hate Machine' on your iPod for your workouts because you wore out the CD in high school, and the majority of "adults" at your gym weren't even born when that album was released...

^
    and then you realize that you're old enough to be one of their parents...:noway:

:drinker: Here's to being older though. I wouldn't change it for the world!

ETA: My husband was 1 when 'Ghostbusters' was released (8 years younger than me) and my parents took me to see it in the theater. We have a WHOLE lot of fun playing the 'Do you remember?' game at my house :laugh:
  • allylbrown
    allylbrown Posts: 71
    Options
    So true:laugh:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    There was a thread on here a couple weeks back about favorite oldies songs, and several people mentioned Blink 182 and the Backstreet Boys. I'm not sure if it made me feel old or just depressed that there are people who have such a shallow understanding of music history.
  • doriyoung
    Options
    When you have to make regular visits to an 'ologist' that doesn't start with 'gynoc'.
    Urologist
    Cardiologist
    Nephrologist

You get the point...
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    you can't drink all night and stay up untill it's light without feeling sick for 4 days after... :-(

This^^^

and this...
    - you're in bed by 9 p.m.

- you worry about getting enough fiber.

- you see these young "famous" people on TV and have no clue who they are or why they are famous.

- and a big night for you is hitting the Wal-mart after dinner time.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.
    ive been out 6 and my baby is starting pre-k in august :noway: my husband feels it because hes 3yrs from 30 lol....not that 30 is old but just know you wont be in your 20's anymore feels weird
  • doriyoung
    Options
    ...when Bon Jovi is, in 2013, the highest grossing 'Classic Rock' act out there...and you wore out 'Slippery When Wet' in the 8th grade and tried to score tickets to his concert...

I heard Cult of Personality on the Classic Rock station and hung my head in defeat. That was a big song my senior year in HS...
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    When a ticket to a Stones concert cost $3.00 and it cost HOW MUCH now?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I heard Cult of Personality on the Classic Rock station and hung my head in defeat. That was a big song my senior year in HS...

I felt the same way when I realized GNR was getting played on the classic rock station.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    When a cashier ask me do I want a senior discount!! :sad: I'm not even 50 yet!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You listen to celebrity news and have no idea who these people are
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I rattle through my all of my kid's and dog's names before I hit the right one lol.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    when you hear a song and say man i love this song and then realize it came out in middleschool then you think crap that was like 12yrs ago

i know im not old but i feel like middle school wasnt that long ago....12yrs is a long time