You know you're old when...

Options

Replies

• Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    When a cashier ask me do I want a senior discount!! :sad: I'm not even 50 yet!!

oooooo thats no good
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    ...when some of the people responding to the "you know you're old when" topic are young enough to be your children!

Exactly!!!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    you know your old when you make people realize there are no girls in twisted sister or bare naked ladys

or that ratt and wasp were bands
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    The toys you grew up with are now seen in antique stores!!! :huh:
  • Luwright321
    Luwright321 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1. When some young whippersnapper gives you the senior citizen discount at a store and you know you don't qualify for it based on age.

2. When you use the word whippersnapper.

3. When you say something and you look around for your parents and realize it was coming out of your mouth.

4. The first time you say 'GET OFF MY LAWN".

I love it! LOL! How about when you say to someone "He seems like a nice kid" only to be told he's 28!
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    You can post your old toys in the 80's throwback thread :frown:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    2. When you use the word whippersnapper.
    3. When you say something and you look around for your parents and realize it was coming out of your mouth.
    4. The first time you say 'GET OFF MY LAWN".
    ^^All 3 happened simultaneously about 5 years ago (I was 35) when part of my wood fence in the back yard fell apart and kids from the subdivision behind me were using my yard for a short cut. Can't say that I blame them as it cut about a quarter-to-half mile off of their walk. Nevertheless, "Get off of my lawn, you young whippersnappers!" <shakes cane>

• ...somebody mentions that something happened 10 years ago and you automatically default to the 1990s!
    • ...4 of your 5 of your nephews are married and either have kids or are expected their first one this year. (5th nephew is 33 and might either be a lifelong bachelor or get married and have kids in his 50s)
    • ...you have a 2 year old GREAT-GRAND NIECE... and you're only 40!
    • ...you grew up listening to some of the most vile gangsta/hardcore rap on your Walkman and earbuds, but now you wish there was a V-Chip for FM radio!
    • ...you remember when you could only get 3-5 TV channels, had 'rabbit ears' with foil on them, had pliers to change the channels, and TV actually WENT OFF THE AIR for several hours every night! <plays "Star Spangled Banner" then "test tone" and "snow">
    • ...you remember when "Reality TV" came in only 2 forms: "the news" or a documentary/biography.
    • ...the majority of your pop culture references and movie quotes are older than a good portion of your MFP FL!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.

4? ...I'm a little closer to a decade...haha

try a quarter of a century.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    when Guns n Roses is referred to as "classic rock"
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I beat ya to that one! Scroll up! ^^^^
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You find yourself saying things like "those girls should put some clothes on!!!!" when you see girls wearing way too tiny bikinis.

Okay. I'm not kidding anyone with that one. I'll never be that old . . .
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

I beat ya to that one! Scroll up! ^^^^

awww mannnn. lol well its true...
    or when you realize Axl Rose is 50 years old

axl_rose_getty--300x300.jpg
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    You listen to celebrity news and have no idea who these people are

^^^^THIS!!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.

4? ...I'm a little closer to a decade...haha

try a quarter of a century.

how about 38 years.....:sad:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Your 10 year high school reunion just came up.

Your friends are having babies - ON PURPOSE!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You leave the company picnic when they start playing that stupid Call Me Maybe song.

Explaining to someone that you're about to see an artist you've been dying to see for 32 years. And they don't know who they are. (I'm going to see Adam Ant next week - most of my friends don't know who he was)

Sleeping in is 7:30am.

You feel like a cradle robber admiring the hot boys in the gym. :blushing: And then realize the truth of that statement.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    When life time warranties don't mean as much as they used to.:sad:
  • Luwright321
    Luwright321 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Someone says, "You look good for your age"

Um..I'm 24. I guess that's "old" to a teenager.

When this 24 year old who thinks she's old is only 3 years older than my daughter! :sad:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    When you go to antique fairs and find the CorningWare cookware you grew up with sporting price tags of $145/bowl or casserole dish.

And your mom won't let you have her stuff to sell on Ebay cuz she still uses her "antique" cookware on a regular basis.

Whoa, seriously?? I need to list my CorningWare!
    Wonder what my original Crock Pot from 1984 would go for? Still works like a charm! I have quite a few wedding presents from that year that I still use.
    They don't make stuff like they used to! (yeah, THAT made me sound old!)lol