You know you're old when...

Options

Replies

• Sperry4gmu
    Options
    you can't drink all night and stay up untill it's light without feeling sick for 4 days after... :-(

.......and when you did drink all night and stay up, you remembered it the next morning! :drinker:
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    You think "Nightmare on Elm Street" Movies were scary....then see them with your 17 year old niece who looks at me like I fell off the porch and bumped my head! (Okay I agree...they are cheesy now! LOL)

Oh and complain about gasoline being $3.55 a gallon, starting stories with "when I was your age I paid .79 cents a gallon for gas...."
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    When someone says that was a looooooooong time ago, in 2005! Wtf? :huh: :noway:

HA! My kids say that all the time.
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When you know every song on the "old school at noon" list on a pop station.

For real, I remember hating all the song because I thought they were boring then one day old school at noon came on the radio but since I was busy doing something and couldn't change the channel...I was like, "What?!" lol
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    When you drive by a billboard advertising a Pat Benatar concert and the 22 year old in the car pops of with "Who's he?"

Funny you said that. I just drove past a a billboard advertising a Pat Benatar concert and I wondered how many younger people would know who she is.

My partner was a waiter in a coffee house around town when she was just starting. He turns 60 in a couple of months. lol.

-i-said-get-off-my-lawn_20120516043936.jpg
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.

4? ...I'm a little closer to a decade...haha

try a quarter of a century.

Try closer to 40 years! Crap!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    When you're in the Walmart music section and you hear.. Excuse me we are having a retro party at our high school and need old music. Can you tell me who sings I Will Survive?!
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    A serious one: You know you're old when you remember listening to the Selective Service draft lottery on the radio to find out where you birthday was chosen to know if you might be called up for service to go to Vietnam. To find out if you or your friends might die.
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    • ...you have a 2 year old GREAT-GRAND NIECE... and you're only 40!

LOL, you just said, "only 40"...

SMH

I have a 22 year old (today) great nephew and I'm only 48.
  • leebesstoad
    Options

4? ...I'm a little closer to a decade...haha

try a quarter of a century.

Try closer to 40 years! Crap!

Try over 40 years. Really crap!!!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    After reading the posts on this thread, I have come to understand OLD seems to be a state of mind and perceptions. I feel sorry for those of you that are in your 20's and think you are old, you haven't even lived yet!
  • Lornamcs
    Lornamcs Posts: 10
    Options
    You wear a baggy jumper and no one asks when the baby is due.
  • iamdominique
    Options
    You tell people you've seen Harry Chapin, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, and The Who in concerts, and you get blank stares.....

That's the kind of music I listen to. The Who is one of my favourite bands....I'm 18....some young people have decent taste in music ;)

ETA: I also quite enjoy pat benetar (as per someone elses earlier comment). not to mention eric clapton, aerosmith, neil young, santana....the list goes on and on.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Online; when you have to pick your birth year and realise you need to scroll down twice to find it :ohwell:
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    When you measure time in decades when relating to something. Back in the 80's we used to, or I remember one time in the 90's.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    A serious one: You know you're old when you remember listening to the Selective Service draft lottery on the radio to find out where you birthday was chosen to know if you might be called up for service to go to Vietnam. To find out if you or your friends might die.

I was number 182! That translated as "pack your bags" at the time.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    ...you ask yourself on your drive home from work in rush hour traffic, "So this is life?"
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You still can't hear the satanic messages in Led Zep, Stairway to Heaven when you play the LP backwards
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options

Haha try 6 and all the people I work with have just finished..... feeling rather old
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You NEVER get called anything but MA'AM anymore! :grumble: :cry:

I'm only 30 for Pete's sake - I can still qualify as a MISS, can't I???