60 Minutes per Month Plank Challenge - January 2017

Options

Replies

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @alipsie19 I would say that if you're worried about it, to keep doing what you're doing. I'm the same way and have found that combining challenges just makes me slack off.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    @alipsie19 I've always tried to keep them all separate as well.
  • ferrantir
    ferrantir Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jan 2: 2 x 1min forearm planks
    2 x 1 min side planks
  • trastoinutil
    trastoinutil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Started today with 3 minutes!
    2 minutes forearm plank
    1 minute side planks

57 minutes left
  • bethjpsu
    bethjpsu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in... just getting back on the wagon so will try for 60 minutes of planks for the month- standard ones...hopefully they will be easier by Jan 31!!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Jan 1: 2 minutes + 45 seconds forearm=2.75 minutes
    Jan 2: 3x:45/side Side plank=4.5 minutes
  • Serenade_N
    Serenade_N Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I missed day 1 here and thought I was going to go on planking on my own for the extras to varied plank challenge but I actually liked logging in and checking in with the planking community here.
    So here goes.
    Goal of 90mins and consistency-taking a page off your books Spliner. Here goes.
    Jan 2: 2x 30secs.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    bethjpsu wrote: »
    I'm in... just getting back on the wagon so will try for 60 minutes of planks for the month- standard ones...hopefully they will be easier by Jan 31!!!

Haha, that's what I'm hoping too!
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do at least one plank a day. Going for 30 min for month, but not limiting to 30 min.

forearm plank
    1/1 :15
    1/2 :20 grunting from 8 secs on.
  • teicu1
    teicu1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A question..... I’m new at this and doing 4 x 30sec forearm planks/day is pushing it for me, though it seems I may be able to continue at this level. For somebody at entry level, is taking rest days advisable or is doing this daily workable?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    teicu1 wrote: »
    A question..... I’m new at this and doing 4 x 30sec forearm planks/day is pushing it for me, though it seems I may be able to continue at this level. For somebody at entry level, is taking rest days advisable or is doing this daily workable?
    Always take rest days. No matter what kind of training you are doing, your body needs down time to repair and build muscle. I take 2 rest days a week normally.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    @teicu1 I have rest days built into my workouts and challenges just to ensure I don't over do it! :smile:
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    alipsie19 wrote: »
    My fear of including them is I may eventually slack off and do a single set of plank and count it for both. What do you think?

I see no reason why that would be a bad thing. It's kinda why I didn't join another challenge, it gets tough to keep track, well, that and I don't like structured challenges. If I was doing both I'd do the structured ones first then do extras if I wanted and report both on this challenge. It all counts.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @Spliner1969 I definitely overreached this month (5 different challenges), but I hate the idea of not finishing. Going to hang with them all for as long as possible. :smiley:
  • teicu1
    teicu1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Always take rest days. No matter what kind of training you are doing, your body needs down time to repair and build muscle. I take 2 rest days a week normally.
    Thanks. I should be safe doing a 3 on/1 off rotation, then?
  • kelacht
    kelacht Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This should be fun! New to the app and I need some help for 2017 to get where I want to be so " challenge accepted"
    1 minute down 59 to go. Is have done more but time crunch.. Tomorrows a new day
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new folks! Well done so far everyone!
    So many questions, and already answered by folks...but I'll throw in my 2 cents...
    I do one set of workouts and apply them to any and all challenges that I'm a part of and are applicable. So @alipsie19, if you are already at 23 minutes, then you're over a third done for this one in my books. Like @Spliner1969 said, it all counts. I'm apparently rather wimpy compared to many of you, since will count one workout across multiple challenges.
    And yes, @teicu1 it's smart to take rest days. It's why I try to get 3 minutes in each day, so I can have the weekends off from doing planks...and it gives me a few days each week to make up planks in case work/life gets in the way of my workouts.

2 January: 3 minutes (2 x 60 sec - straight arm; 1 x 60 sec - straight arm with overhead reach)

Total: 3 of 60 minutes
    Left to Goal: 57 minutes
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @b3achy Good job girl!!
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Goal 90 min
    Jan 2 - 5 min (mixed)
    Total for Jan: 10 min

Alispsie19, I am in other challenges as well, although none specifically include planks. However, if they did, I would still be reporting the total planks I did everyday on this site. I think this site is a great place to keep track of this particular exercise as many of the other challenges are a mix of things. Just my thoughts.
  • alipsie19
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jan 1: 7:00 Mixed
    Jan 2: 9:00 Mixed
    Jan 3: 2x :30 reverse, 2x 1:00 side, 2x 2:00 SA & leg raise (1x:20, 3x :45 SA)
    Total: 23:00 (26:00)

Thanks gang!