WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Tracie what wonderful news!

Margaret healing thought for your DH.

Usual crazy traffic going to Boston this morning. Of course the pain management clinic called while we were at Joslin & we couldn't talk.

Lois tired after two days of medical appointments on the North Shore of Ma
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Hello My friends,
    A quick check in to let you know I'm still here and still reading.
    I finally went to the gym for the first time this year. With all the work I've been doing at my friend's house I just haven't made it. It was so nice to get back and I even joined a class in process that was teaching newbys how to plan their workouts and use the equipment. I figured a refresher wouldn't hurt. I'm ready to get back with it so wish me luck.

I wish you all the best in whatever is going on in your lives.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good evening MFP friends. Been a good day for me. Went to weigh in and lost 1.6 and I actually thought I had gained. Also went back to my old hairdresser and she was able to rescue my hair from the "worst haircut ever". Almost looks like it is suppose to look.
    Heather-I am still worried about you. I hope you get to enjoy some of your vacation.
    Tracie - that is awesome news. Good for you.
    Mary- will measure and weigh on Saturday.
    All for now.
    SueBDew in TX
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I got behind on the posts so quickly read through.

Sounds like many of you have much to celebrate - weight loss, pre-tracking, and cancer free!!! Yeah!

Some of you need a big hug today so here it is - HHHUUUGGG!

I had an eye exam today and my doc said I am an anomaly. Seven years ago my right eye was 20/250 and today it was 20/20! Of course it bums up my reading so I need a new prescription! ARG! expensive! After the appointment I met one of my best buddies for lunch and a little window shopping. Tomorrow starts my work week.

Night, Night!

Toni in Tennessee
  • calmrose
    calmrose Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I have a question, perhaps someone else has had this problem. I bought a fitbit and started wearing in on Monday. I immediately noticed that my number of steps was low. I counted my steps several times during the day and checked the fitbit and it only recorded about 1/2 of my steps. Anyone know how to fix this? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks much, Rose in LA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr on the bosu today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Joyce Vidral's Fat Burning Upper and Lower Body DVD.

We had the Newcomer board meeting this morning. It was a long meeting. Bought gas, had to go to Newcomer mailbox, came home and got dinner ready, ceramics tonight, then to Lowes Foods then Lowes Hardware. Tomorrow I'm volunteering at the Green Room then we have Newcomer bowling at night.

DJ - yes, that is the one she picked. It originally doesn't come with the sash/jewels around the waist but they can add that (for a charge). I think it just adds something to the dress. Thank you for your kind words about my bigger dolphin. Right now I'm working on a bee.

Welcome everyone new and those returning!

Lenora - can't you get a generator in case the power goes out? Re: Denise's dress, see my response to DJ

Grace - your soup sounds wonderful!

NYKaren - happy birthday and anniversary

Sarah - what would happen if you didn't coat each layer of the filo with butter?

Karen in VA - how many calories are the pizza bites? sounds really interesting. I've had pizza (cauliflower crust) but only a larger pizza and would have liked something smaller.

drkatiebug - woohoowoohoo

Carol - you'll get to the smaller size

Tomorrow is Lynette's birthday. I made a chocolate cake with lime frosting for Vince so I'll give her a piece

Yvonne - I carry a donor card, too. Same as you, I figure ... why take it with me, why not help someone. God will certainly understand

Betty - thanks for your concern about Jess. I know she's trying to be upbeat about it, but when she told us I could hear the worry in her voice. We were going to spend Sunday with Denise and then head home, but instead we felt we needed to stop at Jess'. That was more important than just hanging with Denise. Not that I don't love Denise. But we had gone shopping Saturday and Jess (we felt) needed us - even tho she didn't say so.

Heather - what tribulations! You poor dear Update: you sound so much better

Tracie - what wonderful news!

Margaret - prayers for your husband

Re - how right you are that you can find instructions for almost anything on uTube. Vince found how to replace the belt on the tractor and lots of other things on there. LOL "bless his heart"...LOL

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    19,000 steps
    175 minutes walking Sasha
    203 minutes riding the exercise bike (watching figure skating on TV)
    line dance class (learned a great new dance)

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Tracie, what wonderful news. You must feel so terrific right now.

Heather, you also had a great day. A shower AND some light food!!! I hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacation just a little bit.

Margaret, hope your husband has a successful surgery and recovery. It's a tough surgery and recovery. But he has a fantastic cheerleader and caregiver at his side.

Went to choir practice. I don't know what it is about singing that makes your back hurt more than it hurt before. I try not to hold notes out as long as they are supposed to be since I know that would hurt. I try not to sing loud since I know what that would do. Only thing I can think of is just the sitting but I am sitting on my Forever Comfy and have the lumbar support behind me. Our pianist was back. Her husband died about 10 days ago and she has MS which his illness and death had taken a toll on her. She was hoping that the music director would be easy on her but Nancy was a little harder than usual. she usually is a very patient on both pianist and organist and all us singers. But I guess she had a bad day today.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Allie – the amount of gas to go up a hill vs helping a victim in a traffic accident ??? that man needs to go!

Heather – thinking of you! Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Tracie – congrats!

January Goals:
    Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it. Jan. still working on this….**** GET THIS DONE*******
    Read and report on a book –
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday –
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Rita you are posting the most interesting emojis! May the force be with you!!!