WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options
58og0uevyp6h.jpg

It's a brand new day and a brand new year and a clean slate for all of us to use wisely to make our lives the best they can be.

The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome.

This is a supportive and encouraging thread and a great place to find the community that will help you on your journey to health and fitness.

How did you do with your goals or resolutions for December?
What goals or resolutions did you set for January?

I stopped setting goals for the month and started making resolutions after I read this from Gretchen Rubin:
You hit a goal, you achieve a goal. You keep a resolution.
I think that some objectives are better characterized as resolutions, others, as goals.
“Run in a marathon” or “Become fluent in Spanish” is a good goal. It’s specific. It’s easy to tell when it has been achieved. Once you’ve done it, you’ve done it!
“Eat more vegetables” or “Stop gossiping,” or “Exercise” is better cast as a resolution. You won’t wake up one morning and find that you’ve achieved it. It’s something that you have to resolve to do, every day, forever. You’ll never be done with it.

Resolutions for December (with end of the month comments)
*show up for physical therapy appointments and do the exercises assigned in between (got to all the appointments and have skipped doing the exercises only a few times)
*balance rest and activity--don't over-do (lots of naps this month)
*meditate daily increasing time gradually until it reaches 20 minutes (daily meditation but haven't increased the time much)

Resolutions for January:
*assemble the necessary papers and numbers to prepare 2016 income tax return
*meditate daily, increasing time gradually
*do physical therapy exercises daily
*act the way I want to feel

My word for 2017 is "balance"

Be sure to click on the empty star at the top of the thread so you can find us again and keep coming back.

t78020.gif Barbie from chilly NW Washington

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,079 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    nite peeps
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Mary did u invite me to do something, I can't find your post. Happy New Years
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! My last post was right at the cut-off, so it is in December's page. Oh well. Maybe some of you are like I am, I go back and read the ones that still show up in the previous month.

I've got something scratching my left eyeball for the 2nd night in a row! I want to pop it out, rinse it off and pluck it back in. Like washing off a dropped pacifier. First child, you wash it off, sterilize it again; with 2nd child you just pick it up and blow the dirt off. Trying the 2nd child way ... hasn't worked. Eye drops either. Going to call eye MD in the AM and see if she' Rx'd something to tide me over until my appointment mid-January.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Michele - I'm sorry he has seizures. Is there any other type of seizure meds that would work for dogs? I know I got something by email that talked about what 'human' meds could be used on pets. I think I got it from my granddaughter, Taylor ... or it was on FB (maybe). Benadryl, Pepto Bismol. ... several other things. Wish I could find it, maybe I can look in the morning. Right now I am going to try to close my eyes, maybe tomorrow my eye won't hurt like it has all evening.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    I don't make New Year's Resolutions ... I'm gonna break 90% of them anyway.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    1201450h0udzghqza.gif