WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    I am going to have one more day of light eating/no alcohol and then weigh myself to see the holiday damage on Tuesday. :o

While DSIL and boyfriend were here we arranged to go up to London on Friday this week to meet them. We will go to a famous Soho pub at 4 pm and then on to the Israeli café. :D I will look to see what exhibitions are on for DH and me to go to before hand. Lovely!

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    well got my stuff, done and have Toms dinner in the oven.... yes I am still doing everything I usually do until.. I get my ducks in a row.... I did say I was sorry for not asking to use the credit card and left it at that..
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Gayle- I had asked everybody to join the 40 pound loss challenge by the end of May. You can join in with us on this thread. I will post the challenges and we can encourage each other here!

Lenora - that page that I sent you you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom for the different thread. Check that out and see if that works. Otherwise, I know Tiffany can help you.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Barbie: Thank you for creating the new thread and your dedication and commitment to our group. You are a fantastic role model. I love your word for 2017

Katla: I love that your resolutions bring you confidence and courage! :)

msfanglet, RGraver baby_65: Welcome to a wonderful community of supportive, caring and dedicated 50+ Women. Don't forget to share what you would like to be called and where you are from on your posts so that we can get to know you.

Michele: I'm so glad you are back posting. I've missed you

Lisa: I like the way you are supporting your goal with actions.

CJ: Welcome!

Allie: Stick to your guns! We're here for you.

NYKaren: I love the be kind to yourself and others goal in particular, I always seem to be my own worst enemy.

Lanette: Welcome!

Karen in Virginia: Rest, relaxation, reflection and rememberences... what a wonderful way to kick off the New Year.

Beth: Congrats on the 5 lbs! I love your New Year's resolutions :)

KJ: Fabulous actions! :)

Sheryl : Welcome!

Lenora: Hope the eye gets resolved quickly.

Charleen: Looking forward to seeing your treasure :)

Barb-Ontario: Welcome! I had issues with not losing on 1200 calories as well for over a year. I went to a low carb diet and that seems to be working for me. I'm not losing fast but the scale is moving the direction I want.

debbieinva & Anita: Welcome. This group has been active for a long time lead by our fearless leader Barbie. You've come to a great place.

Well, I didn't do as well on my December goals as I usually do. But in the interest of being kind to myself I will not beat myself up, it really was a difficult month on many fronts. Looking forward to January. I need to reflect more on what I want my goals to be.

Happy New Year to all!

Carey - Northern Alberta
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Barbie thanks for thread for new month and year

I hope to get back on track with logging when I get home from Spain next week. Will weigh in and then lose what I've gained hopefully not too much

Goals for 2017
    Get to target weight
    See MD about reducing or getting off altogether BP Meds
    Try keto diet

Welcome to all newbies this is a great group of girls

Kate UK <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    edited January 2017
    Lenora hope eye issue quickly heals. Do you wear contacts?

Allie I think you are smart to do your normal routine until you get your ducks in a row. It must be hard, but know I am praying for you during this time.

Happy New Year Friends!

Posted this yesterday:

KINDNESS and logging are my resolutions for 2017

I was already thinking about kindness when I saw on the news that at Times square they are going to be dropping notes about being kind. It was also a topic for Parade Magazine. Doesn't surprise me after 2016.

The mantra is don't be mean in 17.

Thanks for the reminder on how to change colors. I put it in my word documents.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    welcome new peeps and hey there old peeps-

don't do resolutions, will just keep doing what I do.

the one thing I will try to do is (since he wants to do the marathon AGAIN this November) try to help Kirby improve his time. so this will be my 3rd marathon and I think his 5th
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-13 X7X 30

January Goals
    1. Weight daily for accountability
    2. Log daily
    3. Exercise daily
    4. Set less and move more
    5. Drink more water

Word-determination!

Barbie - thank you so much for continuing on with this thread! It is an awesome place to get inspiration and motivation from fantastic women!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    starting off with the usual activity on new years day... you'll never guess....... going to the gym.... u guessed, right?
  • fanncy0626
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Thank you Barbie for a great list! <3 I took a screenshot of it to keep.

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Barbie and Heather, I too loved the list, I printed it out to put up to remind me what is important to me. Thank you so much Barbie.

Janetr OKC
  • abbiec1234
    abbiec1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Would like to start exercise from couch to threadmill and kettle bell etc. I'm 55 and need to exercise more, any suggestions! Any and all ideas are welcome.