WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Today is my sons 32nd birthday.. holy cow do I feel old...
    I had a cup of tea with some bailey's in it last night.. wow slept like a rock.... Tom came in at 4:30 this morning and gave me a hug.. I did not reciprocate and just asked what that was for.. I should be thankful he gave me one,but I am trying to pull myself away from caring about him.. after the girlfriend incident(again even if he is just talking) that has severed any love I had left.. today we have off and it will be cleaning and laundry day..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Allie, stay strong!

Love the poem!

Thanks for following me through the last year.... those who have. You all keep me focused.

My youngest turned 32 on December 27. My other two are 33 and 37. Wow, seeing that in writing really does make me feel old!

Onward and upward! "Let's not be mean in 2017" (someone here posted the last one and I love it!"

Rita from cloudy CT
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, I am starting my last day of vacation at the gym then I must tackle all that I left undone: laundry, ironing, paperwork including thank you notes, and some food prep for the week. I am not headed to the grocery store for the week in an effort to eat from our pantry and freezer :o
    I love the veggie pics and will pull together my weekly snacks around veg this week! Hummus and peppers-yummy, have a great day everyone
    NYKAREN
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Monday! It is my last vacation day and my house will be filled with kids again, beginning tomorrow morning! So my day's to do list is all things that need to be done to get ready for tomorrow. Cleaning, getting my "school" stuff back up on the walls, starting a new curriculum and hanging a new "progress" chart, etc. I will also be hitting the library to pick up some stuff for the kids; but also to pick up a couple of books for myself. The two on the list to start the year are the Salt, Sugar, Fat book and Younger Next Year. Thanks for the suggestions!
    40 pounds by May 27 Challenge beginning measurements
    Neck 15 in.
    Arm 14.5 in
    Bust 49
    Below Bust 41
    Waist49
    Hip 49.5
    Thigh 27
    Calf 17.5
    Beginning weight: 237

Here we go! Time to act! I will be checking my measurements from time to time and weigh in weekly, but will only post measurements again at the end of the challenge. I am back on my high protein, lower carb meals that work for me. I will walk a minimum of 30 minutes each day and have begun my strength training (the pick 5 work out). Once I maintain this meal plan and work out schedule for a month, I would like to add some tai-chi three times a week. I have issues with yoga; so I think tai chi will be a better fit for me right now.
    Sheryl from Michigan-Hello from the West Coast of Michigan! Welcome! Good group here!
    Beth-Ugh! Starting off 2017 with the flu! Stay healthy! Hope your boys feel better soon!
    Penny-Love the 1 pound bag of veggies! I am going to weigh out mine now!
    Heather Love the Bea pic! She is such a doll! Like you, I try to raise my exercise level, rather than deny myself foods. BUT, at this time, because I am naturally a reader/couch potato; I have to deny myself some foods that will lead me down a slippery slope and I have to push, push, PUSH myself to move. I move all day long, working with kids, but it just doesn't seem to be enough any more. SO...HAVE TO get up early to get the exercise in, otherwise it won't get done.

Going to sign off and ACT on my goals! Sun is not out, but walking anyway! Last day off until the weekend. Tomorrow I will be walking with a headlamp to light my way.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Checking in.... looking for warm clothes as we dip again to the minus 30's Celsius

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Morning all... had some 50 mph winds come through last night (80 kph) and the House McNugget camper trailer was rocking a bit, but the electricity only flickered. Unusual in the winter, but we actually went had a thunder snow three years ago about this time here. That was fascinating.
    Writing to do - love y'all!
    Lisa in West Texas

Lisa we experienced that same storm as it passed over Central East Texas. The dog, Pokey, was a mess. Fortunately it went through in the early hours of the morning and not the middle of the night. Just got up early and started our day. Hubs back to work today. He's bummed as there are some good football games on today. Have some errands to run and will go to the gym. Thinking about the 1 lb of fresh veggies as I sorely lack on intake.

Have a good day ladies!

Cheri
    in wet TX
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Kelly- Great job! You will be in onederland by the end of this challenge! Good luck!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Today's measurements:
    weight: 184.7 - goal 145
    Neck 15.5 in.
    Hips 43.5 in
    waist 38.8 in
    Forearm 11 in

BMI 31
    BMR 1484 calories
    % Body Fat 27%

I calculated the numbers using this website: http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat

I am not officially joining the 40 pounds by May challenge, but my goal is to lose 5 pounds a month to reach goal by September 2017.

Rita from CT
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota – The first time I had a ‘frozen shoulder’ was right before I ended up going to the 2nd Orthopedic surgeon; because I could not lift my arm. I went to GP and was seen by Orthopedist that day, had 2nd opinion and he x-rayed me in several different postitions than the first one. Was in the hospital overnight [due to BP problems]. He took pictures during the surgery and had sucked out a piece of bone between two bones (leaving a quarter-of-an-inch) hole in the ball of my arm bone. It was bad; but, thankfully he did a masterful job; less than a year later had to have a 2nd surgery because I injured it again in a fall caused by having a ‘seizure’, at his office as an out-patient'.

Best choice I ever made was to have the rotator cuff surgery and finally learn why I could not use my arm

Heather – I don’t have much patience myself; then I have to think that I am not in control of a lot of things that go on in my life [and doesn’t happen]; quite often in 20/20 hindsight I am happy that they haven’t’. I have to believe that God has his hands in that … when I feel peaceful about things, that is when I feel closest to God and know that things happen in His timing, not mine.

Actually 4 oz. of wine isn’t that high in calories; but, it does make more sugar in your body; I do watch how much I drink over time.

Bea so beautiful and appears to be such a ‘happy baby’, too!

Allie
    – Oh, wait until he turns 40! My oldest niece turned 50 this year. OMGoodness!!!!! She was only 5 when we got married!

Morning to all the newbies and those on this thread who have become my friends!

Lenora

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    TNToni: I'm just getting over a frozen shoulder. It seems mostly healed, and it took a full year. I still have some range of motion issues but they're not nearly as bad as they were. You have my sympathy. :flowerforyou:

Becca: I think that hope is essential for any kind of success, whether it is diet, health or social. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy your sense of humor? :heart:

Traci in Green Bay: Three cheers for the Packers! You have set an ambitious bunch of goals. Good luck! :smiley:

PSOrlando: Welcome. :smiley:

Gloria in WA: I love your goals, especially the one to laugh every day. :bigsmile:

Karen: Your pound of veggies looks very appealing. The visual is a huge help for my understanding of quantity. Thanks! Procrastination is one of my challenges. I agree that it causes stress. :flowerforyou:

Heather: You shared wise thoughts this morning. I especially like, "Creating good habits that are easy to keep is a large part of success in any field of endeavour. I recommend a book called LEVEL UP YOUR DAY. As Barbie often says, Strategy is stronger than willpower. Relying on willpower is a recipe for failure." Thanks! I absolutely agree that good habits are stronger than willpower. :heart:

Alison: If you think your son's 32nd birthday is cause for feeling old, I'll share that MY son is 40. That doesn't make me feel my age but it feels kind of weird. My sore muscles sure make me feel old at times. So does occasional low energy. :wink:

Rita: I love your before and after progress photos. Congratulations on your success! You are doing great. I think 40 pounds by May is too fast for good health or sustainability. In my opinion, you are wise. This is the race between the tortoise and the hare. We know who wins. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    rita. You are FIERCE! Wow, way to go, keep going you look great!
    NYKAREN
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Lenora wrote "Allie – Oh, wait until he turns 40! My oldest niece turned 50 this year. OMGoodness!!!!! She was only 5 when we got married!"

My daughters are 42 and 40, oldest grandson is 23. My oldest niece is 60 and has 9 grandkids and the 10th is due in March. Age is just a number, count each one as a blessing. :)<3

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Rita - Fantastic! Keep going! If you just keep tracking and logging and exercising you will get there one day. When that is, who knows, but it will happen, by the simple laws of physics. :D<3
    You are looking gooooood gurl! :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Rita WOW!

Heather thanks for the Bea fix. Adorable.

Quiet day here. Going through my manual on my car. It had less storage compartments due to the technology and additional air bags. It does have a space in the door to house an umbrella if you put something in front of it to hold it there. Without going through the manual I don't think I would have known it was there. It did give me a chuckle that they would think to do that to make up for the other storage compartments.

:heart: Margaret
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rita ~ You look fabulous and love your happy smile.

Kelly ~ OK Your post made me decide to measure my waist and hips. So sad. LOL So, my goal is to lessen the size of my waist. We shall see.

Becca ~ You can succeed. We all love reading your posts.

Carol