WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Happy New YEar. Thanks Barbie for the thread. DH and I ended up in the ED yesterday and it turns out that despite our vaccinations, we both have influenza a. I also have bronchitis and a little asthma flare. Today I feel a bit better. I hope your day is well. Take care, meg from Omaha where it is raining!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Rita, great job, you look terrific. I love love before and after pics. Thank you so much for sharing. We all need that kind of inspiration to start off our New Year. Way to go.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've been mulling over my resolutions for this year and what comes to mind over and over is Barbie's phrase she has shared many times with us. I'm picking just a part of it and paraphrasing it to my situation and resolve to keep this in my head ..."stop trading what I want the MOST for what I want at the MOMENT."

You all are such an inspiration to me and I agree with Traci "This thread makes me smile and makes me feel a part of a group of really wonderful caring women."

Janetr OKC
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello MFPals!

Rita - Yeah! Keep it up!

Tracie - Love the way your little ones call your quilts Grandma Tracie Quilts.

Lenora - There are lots of causes for shoulder issues. They all limit range of motion. Shoulders may freeze up in those situations. But Frozen Shoulder is an actual diagnosis. It is not an orthopedic situation exactly. It is an inflammatory process in the lining of the capsule around the shoulder socket. My doc said it can also inflame the same type of lining that is around your humerus bone. If a person has FS, keeping the range of motion is really important just like it is in rotater cuff injuries or other ortho issues.

Heather - Good self reflection about the alcohol.

Gloria - I am considering Forgiveness for my word for 2017 - self forgiveness is what I really need!

My one and only son turned 40 in November! Talk about unbelievable! Surely I am not old enough to have a child that age. My students used to try to guess my age on my birthday. Some would guess something like 38 and I would say, "My son is 29. Now how would that work?" They would laugh and guess again. It always gave me a boost when they would guess so young. Loved those little ones! Actually being 67 is not so bad. It sure beats the alternative!

Love all of you -
    Toni in cloudy Tennessee
  • PSOrlando
    PSOrlando Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon.
    Since it is in the high 70's in FL... Did about 2.5 miles on my Hobie Mirage Eclipse ( SUP that you "walk" on) this morning but I have NO idea how to determine calorie burn on this form of exerercise. Ugh. Don't even have a guess.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squat-1X5X 45/50/ 55, 5X5X 60
    OHP- 1 X5X 45, 5X5X 50
    DL-1X5X 95, 2X5X 100

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-13 X7X 30

For those of you that are doing the lose 40 pounds by May 27 challenge with me there was nothing new on the challenge thread except for how to navigate the different threads on the site. I will update daily. As for me I am challenging myself to get up and move more! So, if you would like to join me in that, set your alarm to get up and move 10 minutes every hour.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    A
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,711 Member
    Options
    afternoon all~
    no resolutions for me ~ have enough on my plate for right now.. but the word for this year is HOPE..
    It is tough to break a mold you have been in for a long time.. and I think Tom is feeling regretful for his treatment.. but what is done is done... and the other woman thing,like I said even if they are talking .. is just the straw that breaks the camels back..
    some of you probably don't understand why I am just going along like it is all status quo.. but I just want things to go as smoothly as possible when the time comes.. dont need any more stress in my life...
    we went together down to see DFIL he was a hoot this morning the man ate a whole bowl of scrambled eggs and 3 bowls of oatmeal.. I am guessing if he doesn't like what they have for dinner then he is starving by breakfast time..
    Bea is just so adorable...
  • dotennis62
    dotennis62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined yesterday from UK . Target to lose 56 lbs and would like to join the 40lb challenge you've set for 27th may if that's ok?
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Toni in TN – I am sure that a ‘frozen shoulder’ can be so for different reasons; mine definitely required Orthopedic surgery as the chip of bone was lodged between the socket and ball of my shoulder. Worst pain was reaching for something; and, it interfered with painting and drawing and that was what I wanted back the most.

Some of the medications I take give me ‘tremors’ in my hands … Neurologist did an MRI on head to compare it to one that was taken 3 or 4 years ago. Said it was not Parkinson’s but that is how he described the tremors.

I agree that being told you look younger than your year’s makes you feel so good. Keep it up.

I think that most people should ‘forgive themselves’ because it is difficult to ‘forgive’ others if you don’t feel good about yourself or can't 'forgive yourself'. Especially when you repeat the action and made others angry at you or disappointed.

My oldest granddaughter is a little older than her Dad was when she was born to his 18-year-old mother who would be 19 about 5 days later.

Lenora
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    Toni - You are the same age as me! <3

There are a few "old timers" on this thread. :laugh: I have a 40 yr old son. :o And a 37 yr old. I have to say I feel about 25 years younger than I did 5 years ago. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,858 Member
    Options
    jujujtrhp1im.jpg

"Say hello to my little friend!"

DH ate it. Too rubbery for me! At at Asian Buffet for lunch. Definetly too much salt! Had the Hibachi, veggies and chicken, 1 egg roll, hot and sour soup, cucumber tomato salad, and fruit with a little vanilla pudding for dessert. Water with lemon to drink.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    dotennis62 wrote: »
    Just joined yesterday from UK . Target to lose 56 lbs and would like to join the 40lb challenge you've set for 27th may if that's ok?

You are very welcome to join! It is actually a challenge that is full of which I am a member of. I am posting the challenges here so that anybody on this site can participate right along with me as my workout buddy. Weigh yourself. And we will have a weekly weigh in by Saturday every week. The first challenge that they had was to take your measurements. The only other thing they posted was how to navigate their site. Glad to have you aboard with us!

Rita- you look fantastic! You have done in awesome job with all that you have been through.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Rita! ... You look fantastic! And I also love the big smile ... yay for you!

Everyone is feeling better here this morning, which I am thankful for. We just about have all of the Christmas decorations down and will finish up here in a few minutes (taking a break since my knee started acting up). Then I will have to resort the boxes in the basement. I feel like the house is filthy (it's not), but this is the time of the year I feel compelled to really dig down and clean ... ties in well with my decluttering missions.

Welcome to all the new ladies!

Beth near Buffalo
  • pipcd34
    Options
    used this machine today -
    https://youtu.be/YKn6jmNJDUM