WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• choklityum
    choklityum Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! Is anybody dealing with high cholesterol - what numbers do you consider the most important to track? Has anyone set custom amounts in Premium?

Karen in VA - I'm originally from Council Bluffs, so I dealt with a lot of Husker everything. ACK! And I'm very sorry about your angel baby girl. *hugs*

Toni in TN - nice to "meet" another girl from the midwest! What's with y'all moving south??? LOL
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Grace I had to laugh, I don't think in my entire life have I dusted my ceiling--you are amazing.

Rita Fantastic report from your doctor's visit, you are making great strides--and it's written down so it is "official" :p

Toni My cholesterol numbers were not good last doc visit. The LDL is the "bad" cholesterol number--I will be getting new blood work in mid-Feb and will share the info when I get it from her.

I have a ways to go before retirement (6 years) but the budget crisis in my school district has the morale at an all time low. I am trying to steer clear of, but tougher in the winter months when we're all a little grumpy, so it just got to me last night and had a poor night's rest. Thanks for your kindness and support!

Re Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday (insert amazing birthday emoji here) <3

NYKAREN

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Do I need to start a separate thread as a 12-step thread for those of us with leggings addictions? LOL!

Yes, unfortunately, I have discovered LuLaRoe. My outfit in the pic with my mom and my new striped dress are LLR. I'm embarrassed to say how many pieces I have in my closet. One of the women I work out with every day is a consultant and I am her best customer. In case y'all didn't notice, my leggings in my pic with my mom have turkeys all over them. The pic was taken Thanksgiving Day.

Leggings and tunics are my go-to outfits for everything but church and subbing and then my concession is to wear a dress over my leggings instead of a tunic. The wild ones are great for hiding lumpy legs.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yvonne I do know about their leggings my ddl wears them all the time. She is a teacher and says they are her go to since she works with 1st graders and kindagartners. She is always on the floor so they are way more comfortable than anything else she wears. They are so soft and comfy.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Another half-marathon this weekend. Cooler this time which will be nice. The last one was hot! I don't like doing them in 75 degree weather. This one will be in the 40s and low 50s. Not bad.

Marcelyn
    in Houston
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Nancy – I like the Sparkling ICE drinks, no calories; but, it is carbonated so some don’t care for it. I love it; especially the Lemonade; I’ve tried all the flavors, some I like, some I don’t, more on others, some not at all. I don’t like the grapefruit one. My DDnL#1 makes cauliflower mashed potatoes. They were good. I’ll have to try that La Croix drink. See which I like best. The Sparkling ICE is $1 a bottle.

Cheri – Wonder if it could be put around your ankle; guess it would have to be a bigger size.

Paula – Sorry for the loss of your child. A dear HS classmate lost her youngest child several years ago on Easter due to having his appendix burst. She was a nurse; and, they could not get him help quick enough. She’s got an older son who has been in constant conflict with his ‘ex’ because she has to have her mother stuck up her @$$ all the time. Wasn’t good for the marriage; instead of 2; there was always 3. They had a child; but, she is constantly taking him to court over minor things. Guess she is hoping he will ‘just give up’. We lost our oldest granddaughter; now my husband’s daughter will have nothing to do with him, after his mother passed away about 10 years ago. She had another child, with another husband by going through IVF; we have not seen her since she was a year old. But, we can’t worry about her at this point. We knew she was telling us she did not want us in her life when she sent a death certificate so he and his brother could cash in a $3000 policy that she did not know about. She was just very greedy … Karma will re-visit her one day. It won’t be pretty.

Mary – I just could not do the Keto diet; my weigh-in did not jive with their and I do not even step on the ones we have at home. But, I did print out the 3 online books so I will be looking through them. Need to get a binder to put them in.

Sue – LOL! Yeah, might have been a good calorie burn; but, what good would it have done to have had a ‘heart attack’ in the process.

Carol – You need to post a picture of your ‘new’ do. My GP noticed I had done something different with mine … cut it.

Went to my GP for my “Wellness Check-up”; had been put on BP medication to bring it down; now it has gone down too much. The girl was taking my BP this afternoon and it was something/something over 60, she had the strangest look on her face. I had seen that ‘face’ before when feeling like MMMM warmed over I stopped at the EMT’s office and it was something over 50. They would not let me go before calling my doctor.

Lenora
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes for DH.

Marni love the moose pictures.

Worked today in a darling Kindergarten. Teacher has father-in-law in hospice and daughter going in for gallbladder surgery tomorrow. Hugs and prayers for her too.

RE Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well I had a post typed and it went poof. My cell has no bars but DH has 5 bars. Think it is a conspiracy?
    Re-Happy Happy Birthday, hope it was a good one.
    Lenora - had my annual today also. It will involved going over the blood work, talking about Vit D and
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Re - Happy Birthday!!!
    coayzach4t0w.gif

Charleen in Colorado
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Nancy – I like the Sparkling ICE drinks, no calories; but, it is carbonated so some don’t care for it. I love it; especially the Lemonade; I’ve tried all the flavors, some I like, some I don’t, more on others, some not at all. I don’t like the grapefruit one. My DDnL#1 makes cauliflower mashed potatoes. They were good. I’ll have to try that La Croix drink. See which I like best. The Sparkling ICE is $1 a bottle.

Cheri – Wonder if it could be put around your ankle; guess it would have to be a bigger size.

Lenora

I love the Sparkling Ice drinks! Currently we buy the Walmart brand and they are just as good.

My daughter bought me this for my birthday:a magnetic clip holder.
    0vhfj6bitfyp.jpg
    I wear this to bed as I don't like the band on my wrist. I would have to buy the larger band to wear on my ankle.

Cheri
    in chilly again East Central, TX
  • csofled
    Options
    Re

257724qzzhy39no4.gif

Cheri
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Sue - My GP cut my BP medications; as it had over compensated. When the intake nurse took my BP she turned sort of white ... it was very, very low; top number barely over 100; bottom number 60. The past month I have been keeping a record and it had gotten down to the low 60's several times. I was dizzy when it happened as I was also making notes of how I felt at the time I was taking it. I'll type it out and send it to him after 3 months.

Lenora
  • csofled
    Options
    Cheri Glad you got your luggage, was everything intact?
    Karen in Virginia

I did get my luggage the very next day. It spent the night in Dallas (my original flight) or Houston (my substituted flight) and everything was okay. It had been inspected by TSA as there was a tag inside. They may have also looked because I had to describe something unique inside that might identify it as mine. Like the 2 luggage tags wouldn't do that?! Creepy knowing someone(s) been in my bag and all. All's well that ends well.

Cheri
    getting ready to make air popped pop corn in chilly TX
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Sue - I'd almost rather have my nails pulled out exposing my nail bed than to go to our local Wal-Mart. Seems like the busier they are, the less cash registers that are opened. As it is, no matter where I go, get in the shortest line; longest wait.

Lenora
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who is in retirement countdown mode. Have had the app on my computer for over 6 months now. I'm about a year away from eligibility, but will only be 62. Insurance access give pause. A week, no a DAY, at a time for now. Still feel very blessed.

Enjoy your day, RE.
    1649594vvo4u08o4b.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 14.14min, 12.4amph, 145mhr, 2.9mi= 120c
    applie iwatch- 107c
    TREADMILL jog- 9.05min, 6.4-8.5sp, 134ahr, 156mhr, 9.06ap, 1mi = 101c
    apple iwatch- 121c
    ELIPTICAL- hill program, 30min, 2688str, 129ahr, 137mhr, 89stpmin, 2incl, 2-8resist, 3.13mi = 262c
    apple iwatch- 269c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.13min, 144mhr, 11.8amph, 1.4mi = 80c
    apple iwatch- 61c
    jog station 2 wk- 5min, 9.54ap, 164mhr, .5mi = 47c
    apple iwatch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 6.02min, 12.18ap, 151mhr, .4mi = 67c
    apple iwatch- 53c
    ride dome 2 hm- 19.16min, 8.2amph, 148mhr, 135ahr, 2.6mi = 204c
    apple iwatch- 150c

total cal 881
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Grits, the difference between Sparkling Ice and La Croix drinks is that Sparkling Ice tastes sweet and contains sucralose. La Croix is flavored and carbonated, but no sweetener at all. I personally prefer the La Croix, but if you're used to the taste of Sparkling Ice you may not like La Croix.