Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    NY KAREN - Happy Birthday and anniversary to you and hubby. Have a triple terrific day. <3

Janetr okc
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Gloria: I take pictures of my grandchildren off of facebook frequently. I click or double click on the photo in facebook and it comes up again in a larger format with arrows that lead to another photo. Then I drag that photo onto my desktop. From there I put it in my photo files or drop it into the photo uploader here. I hope that helps. (((hugs)))

Penney: Your community gets wonderful opportunities to hear amazing speakers. I'm envious. There was a series of speakers at our library a couple of years ago & we went to a couple of them. I wish they'd do that again. :flowerforyou:

Karen NY: Happy Birthday!!!!! :bigsmile:

Barbie: We had a retriever/spaniel mix many years ago who was the best dog. I hope you and Bess have a great experience together. :heart:

machete66: We've had a couple of men stop in for awhile but they got tired of the girl chat. There was a woman in the group who was not welcoming. I don't know whether she is still here or not because I can't remember who it was. Good luck with your efforts to get healthier. :flowerforyou:

ckolityyum: Stick with us and you will get support and encouragement. I've reached my goals, as have some others. I stick around to keep myself from sliding into old bad habits. My weight bumps up and down a bit, but I'm still at or below my target thanks to this group. :bigsmile:

Yoga today with my favorite instructor. YAY!!! I don't know what the day will bring after that. I hope I can talk DH into doing something fun together. Since he is currently unable to see at all well, I'm not sure what is fun for him besides eating and reading. Thank goodness for ebooks and an ipad he can adjust for really big & bold type.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

January 2017 Resolutions:

1: Log every bite and swallow;
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katie – Might be so; but, willing to try it. I tried ‘turkey’ bacon; OMGoodness it was HORRIBLE! I don’t eat bacon that often, maybe on the weekends when Louis cooks breakfast for us; and, only if we have it in the house.

Beth – The story of the tree being ‘up’ for a decade is interesting; but, what did the tree look like? It might have been a way to display them so that buyers could see what they looked like. I can remember my Mother had some glass balls that were beautifully painted and my middle sister got them and her son was about 18 months old and she was in the kitchen when she head a ‘crash’; then an ‘UT OH’ … she thought that she had put them up high enough for him to not get to them; but, ‘UT OH’ she hadn’t.
    I ate more than normal last night because DYS was here, on his way to a ‘men’s weekend’ that he has not be to since his marriage almost 2 years ago. But, he and some of his HS and college buddies always get together at this time of the year.

Joyce – Glad your daughter had a good outcome from her surgery; I had mine taken out when I was 14; with only symptoms of pain in the right side of my abdomen. The MD who took it out got shot by his nurse’s husband ‘out of jealousy as he was coming over to do his check-up of his patients in the hospital. Being from a small town, this gave fodder to many for several months.

Katla – I, too, hope they get it back to where it won’t keep spiking up and down. I think that being low is what has made me feel like warmed-over $#*T for the last month to 6 weeks when I got put on it.
    My sleeping pill is my C-pap and 3 of the medications I take for my ‘bipolar disorder’. I can always tell if I have not taken them, can’t sleep even with me medications at night.

Dreamwriter[color-green] –What is CPP?

pitejny – My DH usually empties the dishwasher; I load it because I can get a lot more in it than he can. Made Spaghetti last night and realized my deep iron pot was not big enough for what I had cooked; so I put it in the iron covered pot and had about ½ inch left at the top.

Kate UK – I think you have to copy your FB picture to your computer’s picture file on it; then copy it from there to MFP community. They are 2 different apps and I have never had that much luck with adding my pictures that are on my phone. So they get copied and so they remain on the cellphone – not to lose them. I always save any pictures that I make to my computer and some I just delete the off my cellphone so it won’t’ take up room on my cellphone.

Cute picture of your granddaughter.

Allie – I can no longer play musical furniture in my rooms; so my den are has a sofa, 2 club chairs, one wingback, and 2 platform rockers. I have enough sitting room to accommodate my family if the 2 little ones sit on the sofa with their parents. I don’t if Will and wife and granddaughter come at the same time.

My eye MD Rx’d a medication that came in a bottle with instructions to put one drop in the eyes. It was about 3/4th of an inch tall and I had to make sure I looked up and practically had it on my eye and it was $80
    I hide my ‘cash’ in my checkbook by transferring whatever over to the ‘hidey hole’ and then ‘add’ it back to show that it has been used to pay something. It is more or less like having 2 checkbooks rolled into one. We’ve hit my retirement account enough this year; but we’ve had several thing happen that was beyond our control. Louis had a $2000 repair bill on his truck; then the transmission went out of it. He is supposed to call the used car dealership in town to see if they have a truck that will be ‘cheap’ since he will ‘hopefully’ start slowing down. We don’t need two car payments for sure. May Tom won’t straddle you with too many.

Got me to copy any pictures on cellphone I had to use the charger, which has a USB port on it if you pull the plug-in and then plug it into my laptop/desktop. The larger of the 2 goes into laptop; and, the plug-in to the cellphone stays with the cellphone. You’ll have to rename the pictures once they are on the laptop/desktop. Even though my laptop/desktop are ‘synched’ to one another the pictures won’t be on the other when I download them. You have to ‘browse’ for your picture you want to paste here; then, you can drag it over if you put them side-by-side.

[magenta]machete66 – Won’t bother me either.

chokliyun – Didn’t you say your name was Paula? Yes, it really was bad on both she and DH; the oldest child was also affected; I think he might have been 9 or 10 when it happened.
    I was the same way … when I was 199lb; I was NOT going to top 200lbs if I could help it; that is when GYN ‘ordered’ me into their diet loss program. It’s been expensive; but, worth every dime! I’m also 5’4”; but, not ‘small-framed’. Just sort of regular framed. I could imaging that losing a child; would make you lose a lot of weight. How old are you? Louis started losing weight the older he got. No real reason; he is a man who works out because his job requires manual labor (he is a house painter so he does climb up on a 44’ ladder). Our DOS has now started climbing up them and letting his have the lower one. He is 75. He used to be 5’7” which made him only just a few inches taller than me; now he is about my height.
    Last night and yesterday were bad for me; DYS came from Louisiana to spend the night (we ate spaghetti; but, I weighed/measured mine. When I was ‘trying’ WW; I bought a nice scale and a set of good measuring spoons, 1 cup, ½ cup, and ¾ cup. Then I had a good set of measuring spoons. With all of them you have to scrape off the spoonful; so that the measurement will actually be 1 Tbsps.; instead of 2. Losing anywhere from 1 – 2lbs. a week is good, so you will lose it slowly; but, safely.

Lenora
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday at last!

Today is my day off. Philip is also off on Fridays, and we slept in for a change. It felt SO good!

drkatiebug - Dresses or tunics over leggings have been my go-to lately as well. Even though I work at home, I've been making an effort to put on something nicer than jeans and a t-shirt when I leave the house. It's been hard to find nice tunics that I think are long enough, but I've got a couple of LuLaRoe shirts that work. I need to look over my fabric stash and make some.

Beth - That's kind of sweet (and also strange) about the lady who left her Christmas decorations up for ten years. I guess it felt like a way to keep her husband close.

Barbie - So excited to see pictures of your new dog! I almost feel like I'm getting a new dog myself!

Marni - Oh, my gosh, the baby moose are too adorable for words!

Heather - Great news that you are able finally to enjoy your vacation!

Sharon - Maybe there should be an item in the exercise database for jumping through hoops! You surely are having to do a lot of it.

Yesterday's photo shoot with the greyhound went OK. The photographer is doing photos of rescue dogs doing stuff around Austin. We met at a climbing center and our task was to try to make it look like Waco was climbing on the wall. After the long drive to get there, he was bored and restless and not really into taking direction. As a result, I was the one that did a lot of climbing - getting up on a platform above him to entice him to stand, running back and forth to get him focused in different directions, etc. I was a sweaty mess by the time we left. Hopefully they got something they could use.

I'm really feeling the climbing in my quads today. We broke down and went out for burgers last night, so now I've got to get refocused if I want to see anything good on next week's weigh-in.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

-Yvonne in TX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday NY Karen :flowerforyou:
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone -

This will be quick .....

Heather - so glad you were able to do some site seeing and enjoy some of the food and culture.

Congrats to losers like Rita and Sherry!

Karen NY - Happy Birthday! Hope it's great!

Paula - Met my hubby when he was on a temporary assignment as a financial fund raiser in Wichita. His southern accent and charm swept me off my feet! So he brought me back to Tennessee and here we are 36 years later! (That's the very shortened version. The whole story is something else!)

Toni in Tennessee
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Gloria: I take pictures of my grandchildren off of facebook frequently. I click or double click on the photo in facebook and it comes up again in a larger format with arrows that lead to another photo. Then I drag that photo onto my desktop. From there I put it in my photo files or drop it into the photo uploader here. I hope that helps. (((hugs)))
    Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

OMGoodness I did not even know that it was that simple!!!! Thank you, thank you and thank you. I've been right clicking, saving, re-opening etc.....

Cheri
    happily learning knew things in TX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Pics from FB easy with iPhone or iPad just click save on FB and it saves to photos app from there to MFP easy. The pic is of my son's step daughter and grandaughter. They didn't have places like that to take babies when mine were small I used to let them loose in the kitchen or the garden with the paints.

NY KAREN - Happy birthday and anniversary

BARBIE- bet you can't wait for Sunday

HEATHER- glad you're feeling better

PIP- love Kirby's outfit

SARAH - I have same problem we just have to hang in there

ALLIE- you are strong keep doing what you're doing

MACHETTE66 - I don't mind you being here but you'll probably get fed up with the girly stuff. There are some seriously fit women on here who lift weights cycle etc

Kate UK

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    i'm terrible at reading all these posts, just sayin, don't judge :0/
    sooooooo

happy bday to whoever it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i'm sorry to hear that {{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to whoever it is...

you go gurl!!!!!!!!! to whoever it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for all the comps on kirby's shirt, i love how it came out too!! since he was so bummed on his last marathon, i wanted to cheer him up and that did.

welcome new peeps!!!!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pip, you must show us that picture of the whole family that is hanging behind Pip. Please excuse me if you have already shown it.

Penny, that symphony will be wonderful. I hope you put a video of it on here. I can't imagine the sound of the north.

Catching up on movies on my DVR. Watching a Hallmark movie right now of a prince in some country in the French Alps and he falls in love with a young lady from New York. It makes one wonder if royalty is really like what they portray. There is so much tradition that really doesn't mean anything, a vast difference between royals and the 'people'. Well, since it was a Hallmark movie, everything ended well and they kissed and everything ended well. I know in the British royal family, a prince married a preschool teacher so I guess royal does not always marry royal.

Joyce, Indiana
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr 20-40-60 workout on treadmill. That's 1 minute at 3.5mph, 1 min at 4mph, 40 sec at 4.5mph, then 20 sec at 5 mph. The plan for tomorrow is to do Joyce Vidral's Upper and Lower body DVD.

Denise just called, her dress is in but they won't do the alterations until August (the wedding is in Oct). She was afraid to leave the dress at her place for fear that Pete would see it so I told her to ship it down here. There's no way he'll see it here. The last time he was even down here was 2 years ago. So she called the bridal shop, explained her situation, and they are going to mail it here.

pip - loved the shirt for Kirby, but what is that behind him in the first pic? It looks like a cat's tail....lol

barbie - we want the low down on the new dog. What are the health conditions? That sure is one really lucky dog!

Grace - so sorry for you and your daughter. Sure hope she doesn't stop for a drink!

Marni - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that pic. Great choices at lunch. We're supposed to go to a social for the Newcomers tomorrow. I saw the menu and it doesn't look like much at all (potatoes and rice...go figure No veggies). I have to be Eucharistic Minister at church that night so I'm planning to take some shirataki noodles and soup with me and have that before I go up there.

Sharon - how sad for your mother!

Kate - you probably should save the pic to your computer then you can upload it here.

machete - wouldn't matter to me. You can probably give a different insite to some of the issues we ladies have, which would be good in understanding our hubbies. Your decision

Michele in NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    q4tov0kjnc14.jpg

Lenora ... the tree, mantle decorations and ceiling stuff has been up for over a decade. The games and other stuff around are for sale purposes. The liquidator claims they didn't touch the Christmas decorations.

Beth
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    KarenNY ... Happy, Happy Birthday!! What does this positive and special day have in store for you?

Barbie ... how very exciting to be getting a new fur baby! Congratulations!

It is cold and windy here in western New York... we are staying in tonight as the folks just a little south of us are expecting a lot of snow. It only takes a minute shift in winds for us to also get the snow!

Beth near Buffalo
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Have a wondrous birthday NYKaren

Welcome to all the new people. We are having a lovely snowfall. Looking forward to a quiet evening with DH. I just read this in a book and am sharing with you:
    "A stressor becomes stressful when it is greater than our capacity to handle it, isn't within our control or doesn't have adequate meaning."

Wishing everyone a healthy weekend.
    Sarah, Ontario, Canada