WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. Caught up with the posts. Be back tomorrow.
    SueBDew in TX
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Did 1 segment (about 10 minutes) of Pilates DVD, held plank for 2min 50 sec, then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Leslie Sansone's Fat Burn DVD.

Stephanie - you joined by posting! Welcome to a great group of very supportive women. Come back often and tell us more about yourself. You can send me some of those tomatoes, too

Alison - good girl!!!! Tough if Tom doesn't like it...he can lump it. And why does he happen to think that what you're asking for isn't going to happen???? You're not asking for anything outrageous. He's a putz.

schaf...(we need an easier name...memories just not the same..lol) - what part of Orlando are you in? We have a condo in Titusville

KJ - good luck!

Heather - so glad you got to go swimming. Sounds like things may be looking up a bit. Awesome view. You are looking so good and the ruin is fabulous. Thank you for letting us share in your trip.

Sarah - great plank times

Meg - what a deal you struck up there! Glad Benny is feeling better

Re - I really like exercising in the water. I just don't feel I can do it more than once/week, I need more variety. To me, the absolute worst part of water aerobics is walking past the mirror in a bathing suit. Yuk!

Sherry - I'm so happy for you getting out of that place. How did you meet these people? Have you known them a long time?

Denise called, her first fitting is Aug. 20. I'm thinking that I can drive up to Jess', spend the night with her (I would have no problem even sleeping on the floor but that would be impossible for Vince), we drive up to PA on Sun. then come back to her place Sun. night, I'd leave Mon to come home. In a way it made me feel good that she said she wanted me to be there.

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Happy birthday to all I missed. RE, Karen Marnie…..

Pomegranates - So ladies in my part of CA they ripen between Thanksgiving and Christmas and my one small tree will have 70-150 on it… I eat a ton of them, freeze more, and will ship them to you next year – just remind me…

Pip – great pics of you Kirby and the pups…. Fun that it was “painted”

Barbie – Bess is really cute, she looks just like a tall version of a long hair dachshund mix I had growing up

Sherry – Hip Hip Hooray!!! Take care, and tread slowly

So been mia for a few days, my computer/mfp on chrome/Comcast have been fighting with one another it appears there is a truce… Tech support for each blames the other, but after calling all things seem to be working again.

Work has picked up – so am busy.

January Goals:
    Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it. Jan. still working on this….**** GET THIS DONE*******
    Read and report on a book –
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday –
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I'm delighted that you and your DH are finally enjoying yourselves together. :heart:

Marni: Happy Birthday. It sounds like an excellent day. I love the moose photos. :star:

Sherry: Congratulations on your move. I hope it turns out to be just the right situation for you. :smiley:

Paula Y: I'm happy that you're feeling welcome here. :flowerforyou:

I've had a grumpy tummy today & look forward to a good night's rest. Tomorrow is the last day of the month, and I am planning to report on progress.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Grace - You must have been so frightened. Our babies are always our babies, not matter their age. Prayers are winging your way.

Chris in Ma - WoooHoooo! Size 4 and on sale.

Rita - I am so glad that your visit went well. Here's to many more.

Charleen - "Drama Queen" is a perfect name for that quilt. Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

Katla - We grew up "dirt" poor but looking back we had a very rich childhood.

Janetr- I wonder if you can get any kind of refund as you ordered Sugar Free and that's not what you got.

Allie - The pay cheque is in your name, right? Good for you for standing your ground. It must be hard for Tom to be losing control. I don't feel sorry for him though.

Pip - Nice quilt. So colourful.

Heather - I'm so sorry. I hope you are better soon.

Barbie - Bess had a busy first day. She looks like she will fit into your family perfectly. Thanks for sharing the pictures of her.

Marcelyn - Congratulations. It looks like you are going to have quite a collection of medals.

Sherry - It will be nice for you to be out of the shelter.

1r7b02wgal6e.jpg

3 of the grandkids. I love their smiling faces. Harmony - 5 Greysyn - 14 and Keira - Soon to be 7

Confession time. I stayed home sick from work today. I was feeling better so decided to start supper. I opened the pantry and mindlessly stuck my hand in the licorice all sorts. 4 of them down the hatchet in record time. Bad choice when you're not feeling well. Worse choice if you are doing a Year of No Sugar. They are shoved to the back on the very back shelf. I am choosing to look at this as a learning experience rather than a failure. Back to No Sugar and remembering to eat mindfully.

DH won the bid for the RV. The trailer is a 2017 and never used. It was rolled over in some wind. He says it is worth approximately $60,000.00 USD. He bid $6850.00 which after taxes etc. comes to about $7000. I haven't seen it yet but he assures me I am going to love it. He knows that if I had been consulted I would have said no. He tells me we should be able to sell the trailer we have to cover most of our outlay. I just have a hard time with having the biggest, nicest trailer we have ever had at this time of our lifes. He says we deserve it. I say should we be spending this kind of money. He will do the repairs and I am sure I will love it. Tomorrow I will inspect it.

DGD and Boss (the pitbull) came and stayed with me while DGS went for his appointment. I was either asleep or in the bathroom most of the time. She took good care of me , making sure I was covered up and had my glass of water beside me. She also got me a big bowl. " You know , Grandma, just in case" It also came up in conversation that she will be 7 on Wednesday and that I should remind Grandpa.
    Doc said DGS is to take Restoralax every day at same time for 6 months. He thinks Greysyn's bowels need to be retrained. I hope this works.

DD is working on a series of the different trout that we have in Southern Alberta. I love the paintings but I could be a little prejudiced. You can view her art on line at Jheri Cook Studio. You can also view her face/body art/henna on line at Another Pretty Face.

DS stopped in after work. It was good to see his face. He chose some cook books to take with him. I showed him some photos of his father in younger days. I have some things I want to put in order for him. Those photos have been buried in that box for over 35 years.

- Sharon in Alberta
    feeling guilty about sugar
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I thought the photo was larger.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Reading all these posts is really inspirational. I especially liked Karen's advice to Cheri that clothing sizes drop rapidly once one goes from obese to overweight. I am looking forward to pulling out all the smaller sizes I have stored away over the years - only hope that moths have not been feasting on them in the meantime.
    Grace - so sorry to hear about your daughter; I hope they can do something for her soon.
    Barbie - Bess is adorable.
    Sharon - While I don't have a fixed restricted time span, I do try to eat really light a couple of times a week. Here in France, most people have their heavy meal at lunch and eat very lightly in the evening. When I was still working, that wasn't easy to do, since dinner was the one meal in the day my family could all eat together in a leisurely way.
    Gloria - what a great way to handle the situation with your manager.
    Lenora - your recount of your paralegal days was reall interesting.
    Rita - sorry to hear that you have a bug
    Sherry -great news about the room; if more people were like your couple, the world would not be in such a mess.
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone:
    Yvonne I hear you but try not to let the scale be your master. I struggle with that too which is why I try to have many NSV's!!
    Meg Very cool about the wellness coach, what exactly does that entail?
    Rose You have company there!
    Re The Natatarium membership sounds wonderful and includes so much
    Lenora I love Mexican and you are good, I could not have cut it in half. And wow are you organized getting yr Christmas shopping going already
    Sherry So glad you will be living in a safe environment.
    Paula Y Hello sister Canadian. I am originally from Saskatoon, now living in Ontario
    Michele You are my role model. I am going to try to catch your plank times lol! Great job. I do Leslie Sansone's videos too, love her.
    Grace hope everything goes well with your daughter, this must be so hard
    Sharon I think the licorice event just exemplifies the powerful addictive qualities of sugar. It truly is worse than crack so don't be so hard on yourself. Very cool about the trailer, hope you like it.

So today I am a little nervous. I am the project manger for a project in our community and I have a big event with a bunch of big wigs. Found out last night that one of our speakers is sick and can't come. However, I am more worried about whether my nylons will hold out. I don't like dressing up, I prefer to be in gym clothes or my onesie! Wishing everyone a great day.

<3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!
    Quick check in.
    My hips were absolutely screaming when I literally crawled out of bed this morning but was rewarded with a .4lb. loss. All those little numbers add up... 9 more to lose until I hit goal, 5 lbs. total loss for the month.

Love to everyone!
    Chris in MA
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Have not been here for a couple off days 311vposts to read. Guess I know what I am doing tonight. Lol just wanted to wish everyone a great day or evening in some cases.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Can't believe January's over, so nearly--for all the new ones, keep an eye on the thread, Barbie will post a link to the new February thread here, and we'll start with a clean slate tomorrow. New goals, new month, new day, and new can-do attitude. Well, that's what I'm working toward...

And a new haircut for me on Thursday. Tired of this mess, going to back to the haircut in my profile picture... always helps my attitude. And easier to take care of!

It's press day for me tomorrow, so I won't check in until the paper's put to bed, probably tomorrow afternoon.

Love y'all! Hope your January turned out well, and that February is even better.
    Lisa In West Texas
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! Colonoscopy and prep went really well. I had no problems drinking the prep and the potty part wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. But then, I have no digestive/bowel issues, so I imagine it is quite different for those who do. I got home and over the course of the day had an english muffin, coffee, two bowls of soup, but then had tacos from Taco Bell for dinner.
    Re-I expected some of the weight to come back and this morning, sure enough, two pounds came back. It's all good though. I am still lighter today, than I was a month ago!
    Heather- Man! You have been through the wringer during this holiday! I am glad you are finally able to get up and get out and enjoy yourself more, though. I am sure DH is very happy to have your company on his outings!
    Grace-Thinking of you and your daughter! <3 Sending good thoughts and prayers for uneventful surgery and a quick and complete recovery!
    Sherry-So great to hear of your big hearted new friends. I really hope this works out and gives you a chance to turn things around!
    Lisa- You have the BEST attitude and outlook on life! Enjoy your haircut! Luck with the paper and see you in February!

More I wanted to respond to, but had to shovel this morning and kids are already arriving. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Mavis funny, I am doing a water challenge myself, never thought to add a little exercise to bathroom trips, I love it! My only problem with drinking that much water is, being a teacher, it really is impossible to drink alot during the work day--no breaks till lunch--then no breaks till end of day. I tend to drink a whole lot after work and during the weekends. Don't forget to find us on our new thread for February! Barbie will post it later tonight, just bookmark it so you can find it.

Chris You are in the zone!

Kelly I'm gonna ask you about that colonoscopy prep you did later, sounds so much better than what I've heard. I've got my first colonoscopy scheduled for summer.

Gonna meet up with Rori today, hopefully snow won't get in our way! Sending hugs to those who are in need. NYKAREN
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,939 Member
    Options
    Spent most of the day yesterday in bed with chills and bathroom runs. Stomach still iffy this morning but no chills at least.

STATS:
    Pounds 183.8
    Rest day so no exercise
    Water 6 cups
    Steps 1652 Fitbit
    Haven't figured out how to go back a day on Apple Watch yet

Rita from CT