Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,679 Member
    Options
    !
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burn Walk DVD today. Not a bad DVD The plan for tomorrow is to do some yoga and then take the water aerobics class.

Last night Vince finally decided. He doesn't want to leave for FL until the 20th. I was really hoping we'd leave the 16th. Why he told me to ask not to be scheduled for the church the weekend of the 18/19, I have no idea. I'm sad because I'd like to spend as much time down there as possible. Now I have to reschedule Green Room volunteering and find someone to set up for the Newcomer general meeting.

Was going to have mahjongg here yesterday, but 2 of the gals definitely couldn't make it and the third was pretty sure she couldn't make it. So the fourth gal came here and she, Vince, and I played Mexican Train. Haven't done that in quite a while. I'm hoping at a Newcomer Board meeting Vince will bring up the fact that we'd be paying $6 for water. He should probably do it since he's on the Board.

Grace - prayers for Megan

Kim - why don't you just send Valentine's day cards?

Katla - feel better fast

When I woke up I could feel "trigger thumb" in my right thumb. I'm going to look to see if there's any self-help. Last time I had it in my left thumb I had to get a cortisone shot. I'd really prefer not to if I can avoid it.

Chris - great loss

KJ - the last time I had a colonoscopy, I could drink that stuff until just about to the end. Then I had to hold my breath to get it down. Glad everything went well for you. Are you on the 5 year or 10 year plan? I very seldom have digestive problems, but Vince has a lot. I think some of that is due to the fact that he's so used to processed food (very little fiber)

NYKaren - tell Rori I said "hi". Have a great time and be sure to post pics

Rite - feel better fast

lacruiser - congrats on that loss

Cheri - what a wonderful loss you had there (the pants size)

Michele in NC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rita ~ Love the pic of your pups! :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,679 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: It sounds as though Bess is settling in well and is rapidly becoming a member of the family. :heart:

I'm planning to walk with my former neighbor this morning. She's bringing her dog along for the walk and mine is at the groomers. Perhaps we'll pick him up along the way, or I'll go get him later depending on when I get the call that he's ready to be picked up.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • choklityum
    choklityum Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    PAULA you are so brave being a scoutmaster sorry my idea of hell, I don't really do other people's kids awful I know. I'm ok with babies though so I'm not all bad
    Kate UK

My son was a member of the troop; I'm proud to say he became an Eagle Scout two years ago! As for being an Asst. SM, another mom and I staged a coup just over 4 ago. The SM we had then was a freaking nightmare and our sons never would have Eagled. We agreed to stick together until we could find someone, preferably a dad, to take over. Hasn't happened yet, so she's still SM and I'm an Asst. When my son Eagled out, we had 8 boys in the troop; we now have 26 - ZOINKS! It is a challenge. I have a hard time with other people's kids sometimes too!

• choklityum
    choklityum Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Paula – you can do it! You don’t have to be a saint, you just have to keep the calories between the lines... you can be a saint, later – after you have the calories under control. (Hugs!) **If you can have your treadmill face the TV – and choose some regular show that you watch as “walk time” it might work... Good luck! But – just the walking at the office will help. It’s the regular exercise plus the fish oil that does the trick.
    Thanks, Re! If I had to be a saint, I would be so screwed! LOL I don't have a TV where the treadmill is located, so that's why I'd be reading while using it! Bought fish oil caps last night. I'm as good to go as I'm going to get for the moment! I really appreciate the encouragement and advice. *hugs*
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,332 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I ate far too much of the included breakfast. All utterly delicious. They make a whole oatmeal here. :D Plus my favourite smoked salmon with boiled eggs. And fruit salad and juices. My poor tummy!
    I've been for an hour's walk with DH along the shoreline and hope to swim before lunch. Bit tired now!

Going to ask them today about printing our boarding passes.

I'll send a pic from my phone of me in my UV outfit. Hilarious to look at, but one of the best things I've ever bought. No worries about sun cream wearing off or insects. I wear it with sunglasses and my big black hat! :laugh:

Love Heather xxxxxxxxxx

Grace - Sending best wishes to you and your daughter. <3 What an awful scare!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Posting early today as I M off to play golf at 1:00.
    Barbie, I like what you said to Paula about coming back here for encouragement and inspiration. I think it is strange that even tho I've lost 15 lbs since Nov. none of my friends have noticed. People I don't know that well comment on it however so I get my atta girls from my MFP friends.
    Grace., thinking of you as your daughter is in surgery. Hope all goes well and this will solve her problems
    Kim- maybe next year we can swap pomegranates for pecans (if we have some).
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Heather, you are gorgeous. I'm so glad you are feeling better and getting to enjoy some of your trip.

Grace, prayers for you and your daughter.

Lacruiser, take my advice or ignore it, but this is my two cents worth. Yes, it is forever if you want to have long term success. If you enjoy the wine, then find a way to enjoy a little on plan. In my opinion, it would be better to lose less per week, 1/2 lb to a lb., and learn how to incorporate moderate amounts of the things you really enjoy. It us much more likely to produce long term success.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,790 Member
    Options
    Hidee Ho from work....
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree, katie! I probably didn't express myself too well. I know that I don't have to eliminate wine or the occasional cocktail forever, but cutting it way back for now is what I need to do. It's a dangerous habit to fall into anyway, and I am trying to get the other 20 lbs off by mid-May. DH has a conference in Vegas to attend, and I will be spending lots of time at the pool with the wife of DH's friend and co-worker, who I like a ton but looks like a Ralph Lauren model. Sigh. I know, call me shallow -- but I'll feel much better about living in that swimsuit without my "wine baby"!! :D
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Howdy, all!

Got a late start today and now I'm scrambling to catch up.

Paula - Yes, we are chatty here! If you miss a day you'll be skimming to catch up! Just like Dory, we'll just keep swimming.

Rosie - I hear you. I hate the fact that I have to deal with my weight all the time. I just try to remember it could be worse, and others have much more daunting obstacles to live with. Just once, though, I'd love to know what it's like to eat what you want without thinking about it.

drkatiebug & Janet - These are my current favorite leggings. Not real "loud" but holy cow, they go with anything! (That's Phineas helping me with the photo.)

q9cesrech6ve.jpg

Re - How fabulous that your town has a natatorium! I'm insanely envious! When I was swimming regularly I invested in a waterproof MP3 player... the music and the rhythmic motion always kept me focused and sort of meditative so I didn't get bored. I miss that. (Also, I had my best arms ever when I was swimming!)

Sherry - Oh, what wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear you'll be able to settle in soon!

Grace - Sending good thoughts to Megan for a smooth surgery and a quick recovery.

Kim - I love pomegranates, and planted a tree in my previous yard. It had just started to bear its first fruit when we had to sell the house. My birds love them too, but I have to limit how much they get at a time or the wall behind their cages looks like a horror movie.

Barbie - Ah, the leash dance, I know it well! Glad Bess is getting along well.

Heather - You look smokin' hot! Glad you're feeling better and having some fun on your vacation.

Today is D-day - as in Doctor. She wants to see me before she'll refill my meds, and I know I've put on a little bit since she saw me last. I feel like a child being called to the principal's office. But it'll be OK... I know I'm back to doing what I need to, and hopefully I'll be able to stay on track.

-Yvonne in TX
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have a question -- has anyone ever dealt with a fear of a certain exercise? I am asking for someone I love who had a scary swimming experience a couple of years back -- felt like the legs locked into place and had to be dragged out of the pool. Now is afraid to go more than 2 feet in. How does someone find help to overcome that? Never a problem till that one time and now swimming would otherwise be a great exercise for low impact. The current physical therapist was no help. So frustrating!!! Something for a Y coach or a phobia counselor instead???

Betty