WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie - so glad to hear the good news of your husband's test results. You are the bomb with your walking. Good job.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Canookie: Congrats on the loss! :smile:

Michele: I hate sticking my hands in my mouth so I didn't floss very often. :embarassed: I was glad when DH showed me a better way. :wink:

Heather: The shin stew sounds very yummy. I told DH about it and we may be trying it soon. :flowerforyou:

Karen and other bibliophiles with too many books: Sometimes I drop books I no longer want into the return box at the library. They have an ongoing book sale in their lobby. :devil:

Pip: Kirby was a hot guy back in the day. Still is. You're a lucky woman. :heart:

Ivalente1: Great January goals. You seem to know yourself well. That is a big help. :flowerforyou:

Re: Vivid vixens????? :wink: Good luck with your knee. It may require more patience than you wish for, but taking proper care of it will be worthwhile. :smile:

Becca: I love all of your photos. (((hugs)))

Barbie: Great news from Jake's health check up. Yay!!! :heart: :star::heart:

We had dinner out at a Mongolian BBQ restaurant. I was nutritious and good for our health. DH has eye surgery in the morning, not far from our hotel. Then we get to go home. YAY!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Note to self - keep up with the ladies. I had a lot of catching up to do.
    Mikesmom - Gotta love the moon - 26 lbs. lol

KJ- the baby shower theme is very creative. I'm sure it will be fun.

Gloria - I start my journalling with 5 gratitude entries. It seems to lighten my mood.

Marni - It was a balmy -10 F on my drive to work this morning.

Rori and Charleen - So glad you had the chance to visit.

Heather - Your friend is lucky to have you. I know you will do your best to support her.

Karen in Virginia - Simple Patty is burgers browned on both sides, put in a casserole dish , cover with Milk Gravy and Bake in 350 oven for about 40 min.

janemartin02 - Prayers and hugs to you. Some days will just be harder than others. Roll with the punches.

NYKAREN - An anniversary trip to Morocco sounds very romantic.

Re - Hoping there is an easy , painless way to fix your knee. Sending good thoughts and positive energy your way.

Pip and Becca - Your men are very handsome.

Allie - The bed looks terrific.

Barbie - I enjoyed "The Light Between Oceans" also. DH even liked the movie as did I. A few tears were shed.

Here goes. Sunday was Year End Inventory. I don't usually work Sundays but this I had to. It was hard to smile and play nice when really I just wanted to kick someone. I am finding it so difficult to be at work. Still researching options. It would be interesting to retire but I want to have funds to do things and I need to make sure that our health needs are covered. Nothing a major lottery win wouldn't fix.
    We went to a movie but the name escapes me. Yes that is how memorable it was. DS came for supper with HER and the DGD. Larry made stew. I think he spilled the cayenne into it which set me up for a great night of reflux. I did take my medication. Too little too late.
    Monday, didn't not work properly again. I need to do something before there is a sour taste in everyone's mouth. I don't like the way I am behaving. I picked up sweet Harmony and to her to DD's house. The girls had a blast decorating sugar cookies and playing babies. I was going to do some shredding after supper but sat down to watch TV for a few minutes and that was the end of that.
    Son stopped in for a cup of tea and conversation. I shredded. Getting rid of years of paperwork now that we have the okay from the government. There is some interesting stuff in there. I might keep some tidbits for scrapbooks but will be very selective.

-Sharon in Lethbridge ( hoping for a mighty Chinook)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :p press day
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, can't sleep due to another difficult night of overeating :s I think I really miss my DD and DH as they are away on a little trip to Jamaica . They are great travelling companions, makes me happy that they do this together, I think it is their main bonding activity. However, the wheels are off the bus for me and nighttime eating--two nites in a row (wine is also a component here). I have to say I haven't done this in over 506 days so.....

Love reading all of your posts--I hear so much progress, good choices, I will be re-reading posts tonite before I do anything else to see if that helps. I have my neighbor coming over with her daughter to share pizza (she's bringing) I think I will out out a green salad to extend the dinner.

I will be having a physical in one month to check all my levels so healthy nitetime eating must begin TODAY. For me, maintenance has always been elusive. I know many of you are at maintenance, I will get there, I know it is a balancing act!

Barbie great news on the doc visit, I think Jake is gonna be motivated to go walking with you-can he keep up with your steps?

Becca I love hearing about your food prep and strategies-you are in the zone!

Re you sound like you've got this, you are handling this with such smarts-get thee to the gym, and work on those arms and upper body-you can burn more calories with muscles! It isn't just about cardio-- PT is just around the corner!

Marni you are doing great in the midst of all the food pushing at work--really great approach and strategy to stay the course.

<3 NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    well when I ordered the mattress it was called ultra plush.. thinking it would be squishy.. it is not .more firm than I wanted..but will contact the company and find out what I can find out.. I did sleep well though...
    going in to work early.. so will be a long day..tomorrow is hair cut and going to see the lawyer..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I am taking the morning off writing to have a bath and then I'm going to take the car away and go shopping before the photographer comes. I will have an egg and cress sandwich at the mall! :laugh: They do very nice ones and I always add extra pepper! I need another long sleeved top, a pair of baggy pants and a couple of t shirts. Plus socks - I'm very low on socks. I tend to be an "underbuyer" so there is no slack in the system.

Christy - My ex had that kidney cancer. Eventually he had an operation to get most of it out and he seems well at the moment. They say it is very slow growing.

Karen NY - I always used to do that when DH was away, even for a day. Straight to the fridge. You and I seem to have a lot of the same issues around food. I did have to resolve never to drink when I'm on my own. Perhaps you could find some strategy to help you. Phone a friend? Paint your nails? Have a bath? Sending hugs. <3 Perhaps you could just visualise me talking to you! :D I have often found just putting it out on this thread has helped me enormously. Thanks ladies! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3Heather <3. Wisdom!!! I have poured the rest of the wine down the sink and put the casserole in the freezer - I am moving forward- happy to have some company tonite and I am picking up DD and DH at airport Friday nite- I will turn this around today. Thanks for completely understanding <3 NYKAREN
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy WEdnesday! Real quick! I survived the cookie challenge! I had my hot cocoa with a pinch of cayenne pepper and it did the trick. 50 white chocolate dipped oreo baby rattles! Done and stored. I think if I had to make a home made cookie (like gingersnaps or peanut butter cookies) this could have been a bigger problem for me.
    Heather- Yes! Spring is coming and we do all kinds of planting/growing experiments! We sprout beans between moist paper towels, we spread grass seed or chia seeds on a cut potato that we have used a fork and made holes or grooves and spread the seeds onto, we have grown grass seed on sponges for Easter centerpieces (this also helps the kids practice scissor use as they "trim" the lawn. Fun stuff! Yea, YOU! Down a bit before your holiday! I can't believe that trip to Mexico is here! I remember reading about getting it booked, last spring! And you have cemented yourself in my mind as the Duolingo Queen! I want you to visit a new country so you can learn another language!!
    Stay safe all of you dealing with snow, in locations around the country, that you shouldn't have to be dealing with it!
    xoxoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Becca fun photos

Christy hugs and prayers. My DH has kidney cancer they did not catch it as early as yours. We are waiting on his CAT scan to see if it can be removed. That is the idle way to get rid of the cancer. There is currently no test for this type of cancer. It is usually found when symptoms arise as in the case of DH or looking for something else.

Sue sorry you are not feeling the best. Take care.

SueB take care too!

Barb Happy Dance with you news. He was given good advice.

Joyce does your treatment include taking a cold juice can from the freezer and rolling your foot over it. The rolling to help you condition and the cold for the inflammation caused by it. I just came across this hint yesterday.

Heather WTG!

Snowy and cold here. Nice to look at while sitting inside. Driving is another matter. Choir practice tonight. Roads should be clear enough by then. Knee continues to improve. New sleeping habits are helping.

:heart: Margaret
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I'll have to get my errands done today when its supposed to reach 76 degrees. Weatherman is predicting an ice storm over the weekend with expected power outages, etc. I'd rather have a snow storm any day than 1" of ice. It breaks all the trees and brings down power lines.

I seemed to have reached a stand still weight wise. Trying not to get discoraged and keep on doing what I know I need to do. It will happen, I hope.

Janetr okc
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK