WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Off tho chiropractor for neck and depression therapy. It really helps! For a while at least. Then off tho groceries with DH.

Rita from CT
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Marni in Alaska

Ha, ha The Veterinary Diet!

Cheri
    in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    Good Morning All..

@pipcd34 I couldn't resist the long hair guys either back in the day, wayyyy .. back!

@canookie Thanks for sharing this.....

gxk4r1ocp66e.png

Belle AZ

He's my 4th husband and the first guy ever with long hair :0)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Question for those of you who do yoga.... where did you learn it? Did you take classes? Are you doing it along with a DVD (if so which one?) or a YouTube/other video and again which one?

I tried it many years ago, signed up for a class but soon gave up - the instructor was from Austria or someplace and had everyone contorted, using bands and the whole nine yards. Torture for a beginner like me.

Anyhow I know it has great benefits for flexibility and I try to do some simple stuff I learned from a Gentle Yoga DVD.

We have at least 4" of snow on the ground and it's still coming down. Will put on my boots after while and tramp down to the end of the road and see how the main roads look. And get some steps in.

Nice that the days are getting longer! Even if it's by a minute or two a day.

Lanette
    SW Washington State
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's a gray, blustery day here. Would love to spend it reading on the sofa, but work calls.

lvalente - Welcome! Good on you for taking that first step!

Jaja99 - Ooh, thanks for tip about putting measurements in the search box! That'll save me some time spent "shopping" for the item that has a unit fitting my quantity.

Re - I'm with you on the book thing. When I first got my e-reader I thought it might be neat to buy a dull book at the used book store and made it into a case for the reader. But once I got it home, it turns out that I'm incapable of cutting up a book under any circumstances. Also, I'd love for Professor Lehrer to come out of retirement and give us some new songs!

canookie - Hey, I have an e-collar around here somewhere! Maybe I should give that veterinarian diet a try!

pip - Oh, I love Kirby's long hair! My Philip had a long, luxuriant mane when I married him. Unfortunately he started going bald, and he said (rightly) that the "skullet" wasn't a good look so he wears it buzzed short. I have to admit that although I miss the long hair, he looks years younger since he buzzed it. Guess it's good to know when to let go!

Had a nice weight loss for the week, which makes me happy. We ate the last of the Hello Fresh meals from my sister last night. It was delicious and reasonably nutritious, but holy cow. 810 calories per serving! It was a large, filling serving though. I finished my day with five calories to spare.

Also had a decent night's sleep, which is good. I've got bursitis in both hips, which means that I often spend the night spinning like a dervish in an attempt to find a position that doesn't hurt. (I'm a lifelong side sleeper.) Exercise seems to help, though, and it has improved somewhat since I got back to a regular exercise routine.

I'm headed to Dad's river house for some family time this weekend, so I thought I'd make another batch of pecan butter today to take to them.

Hope you all find joy today.

-Yvonne in TX
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 50/60/70, 5X5X 80
    OHP- 1 X5X 45/50/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1 X5X 95/105/110
    I am still weak on the OHP. Everything else feels good.

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-18 X7X 30
    I am still doing this work out with my husband in the morning before he leaves for work. We are slowly adding one set of swings every other day. Physically he's strong enough to swing way more than that but it is the back and other body parts that aren't cooperating with him! I'm definitely not going to push him I like that he is working out with me!

40lbs loss by May 27th
    Fitness Test
    Push-ups-4X 10
    Sit-ups -4X 10
    Jumping jacks-4X 10
    I decided to do an extra set instead of increasing the number of reps.

Gloria - congratulations on the loss!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    ydaily - if he was going bald or bald, I wouldn't have him grow out his hair again
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Cheri - too funny lol

Janetr okc
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Cheri - Loving the fat bomb! :laugh: Makes a great paperweight!

My DH has just taken delivery of his new noise cancelling headphones. He is beyond delighted with them! I am pleased for him as he rarely spends that kind of money on himself. They are for the plane journey. I must say when I tried them out I couldn't hear what he was saying a couple of feet away! :D I did think about getting some, but I think I will just turn my music up! :laugh: He hates flying so they are a good investment.
    My worry is focusing on the petrol protests round the country. Apparently there are blockades of petrol stations. :sad: Plus a general election the day we arrive. :sad: All shall be well. :*;):o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    lacruiser2016 - Go back to page 20 of this thread. Scroll down until you see the quilt.

Charleen in Colorado