Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    :'(Katla, I am so sorry to hear that your husband's surgery was delayed. That is my greatest fear about any medical procedure---that it will be postponed. You seem to have a pretty positive attitude about it. Like you, my exercise bike saves me when I need some extra exercise at the end of the day. I used to wait until there was something I could watch on TV with Jake, but now I use the time to read Facebook and MFP or listen to my audio book, so there is no excuse to not burn those extra calories.

:/ Jake is spending a lot of time on "Pet Finder" looking for our next dog. He wants one right away and I don't think I'm ready yet. At least we seem to have agreed that our next dog will be a rescue rather than buying from a breeder. The first round of the "next dog" discussions included designer breeds with very hefty price tags.

:) I survived the dentist today. I go three times a year for a periodontist cleaning that takes almost an hour. Today she did some x-rays and ended the session with some protective coating that tasted terrible and I couldn't have anything to eat or drink for an hour. When I did finally have water and a small meal, everything tasted terrible. I still have all my teeth and want to keep them so I show up every four months dutifully.

<3 Barbie from chilly and dry NW Washington
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Looks like rain on Sunday. Oh *%&)#. I really hate running in the rain. Cold is fine. Hot not so fine. Hot and humid the worst but warm and raining.... rotten. Second worst weather for a race in my book. It looks like it will start out in the low 60s and end up in the mid-70s during the race with rain a high probability. So now I have to decide if I'm going to wear running rain gear (breathes but keeps off the rain) or just going to get wet. I think it will depend on the wind. If there's wind I'm going to go with rain gear... of course my feet and legs will be soaked no matter what....

Hopefully my shoulder will survive. Honestly if I don't sleep well on Saturday night I may just scratch the race and not run. My shoulder seems to give me the most problems following sleepless nights. The new sports bra (that holds me like a block of concrete yet is comfortable) sure does help.

Someone way back on page 31 or so mentioned Weight Watchers counting sugar now. I tried to go back to WW since I had lost the majority of my weight on it and I needed a "bump"... I paid for 3 months and after the 3 months was up I just said no thank you. It was impossible to adjust foods from restaurants (like making it no cheese etc) and I was penalized for so many things yet could go hot wild with fruit. Well fruit packs on the pounds with me... and my vitamins took 2 of my valuable points (I had precious few to work with)! Seriously, because I had "gummie" vitamins due to not being able to swallow a pill they took those 2 pills, 30 calories and called them 2 points! Not even worth it.

Enough rambling. Up early to walk tomorrow (no running this close to race day for me)
    Marcelyn
    in Houston
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Katla, I had to laugh about you and the birds. Poor birds, Mommy wasn't home to protect their water against all that snow. What's a person supposed to do? Have they rescheduled. Be sure and let Mother Nature know this time. Either that or make sure you don't get in traffic jams. Of course next time you will be driving.

Went to choir practice and let them know that for right now I am a Wednesday choir member and not a Sunday morning singer. Of course it was fine with them. We have 3 2nd altos and one of them had a brother die today. The first song we go over is Sunday's song. I was not going to sing that so that the director could see how Sunday's choir sounded. But since Shirley wasn't there tonight I went ahead and sang. It was a beautiful song so I am glad I could sing it.

My oldest daughter has a lot of friends in her large church that have a lot more money that they do. One of them has a time share condo in Destin Florida and wasn't using it this week and offered it to her. So she just texted that they arrived. It is supposed to be pretty good weather for them for the rest of the week. Trinity, their oldest daughter always gets invited to Florida every summer to go with her best friend. They stay about 10 days. So they were proud to invite this girl to be a guest this time, not the same length of time but it was still nice. Carly is home schooled but my DGDs will have to make up their school work. Well Carly will have to make up her home school work but it will be easier. She has a rare disease that when she was born the research showed she wouldn't live past her teen years. It is better now but they know every day after teen is a miracle. Trinity and Carly were born almost on the same day andd have grown up in the same church and have been absolutely best friends since birth. Trinity knows Carly's prognosis and it will be hard but she knows what is going on.

Joyce, Indiana
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michelle: We don't know when they plan to reschedule the eye surgery for DH. He wants it to be after snow season. I really don't understand his attitude. I'd consumed with the desire to see better. As to after "snow season," we haven't had snow in a couple of years. This might be the whole thing. Then again, it might not. We're in wait and see mode, which is NOT my favorite. :noway:

Becca: I've always wished I wasn't an only child. I have some honorary sisters that I love. We all used to work together but we're scattered now and see each other a few times a year if we're lucky. I hope your sister eventually realizes how lucky she is to have you as a part of her family. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: In all our years of marriage we've had three purebred dogs, two Keeshonds we adore/adored, and one Shitzu that was an obnoxious monster who eventually ran away. One of the adored Keeshonds is curled up at my feet this very minute. Our other dogs have been retriever mixes and a Springer mix. We seem to prefer one dog at a time. :heart:

Marcelyn: I couldn't ever get enthused about Weight Watchers because the way they give points for food seems totally illogical to me. Plus you will never see me weigh in publicly. Ever. MFP is the best system for me because it fits my sense of logic and fairness and also gives me the tools I need to succeed. :star:

Joyce: We get such pleasure from watching the hummingbirds. They didn't live this far north during the winter months in years past but they've been staying here year round for a several years that I know about. They've been expanding their territory and finding ways to survive in winter conditions. I'm sure they depend heavily on people like me who put out feeders for them. Several of my neighbors do, too. :bigsmile:

This has been a long day & I am ready for rest.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    yesterday was a long day...I came home and took an advil PM.. Tom angry with me because I asked about having an eye exam and we cant afford the glasses right now.. we spent 2500 on the dogs before vacation,then on vacation and Tom didnt get paid for 2 weeks and I not for one.. and then he brings up the bed I bought.. and I dont think about anything ,about bills etc...he has been quiet for awhile now he is starting up again..
    going for a hair cut today and then to see a lawyer.. wish me luck on that front..
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Much luck, Allie. Thinking of you, dear.
    Lisa
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    allie sending you strength as you head to that very important meeting with the lawyer

Becca I understand your frustration-but you are a winner by losing all the weight (even though you didn't get the tops prize) and the way you handled storing the cake woah!! You are determined

Marni still laughing about your barking parrot

Barbie the adoption process can take as long as you need it to, your heart will be ready and Jake will understand that.

I had a better night of eating - pizza nite with the neighbors got cancelled cause she has a stomach flu-so thank you for staying away!! I roasted a plate of brussel sprouts and broccoli and felt better. The weight is on and my BP is up but I am getting back on the path. I am not beating myself up for the gain as long as I turn myself around--too important for my health--no more hurting myself with food!

DH and DD are sending me pics and texts-'I am in awe of how very relaxed and happy my DH looks--it is a case of environment and weather completely making someone happy--this man needs to live in a warm climate-his knees don't hurt, his face is lit up and relaxed--there's no doubt about it-we will not stay in the northeast part of US in retirement--if or when that happens (still no news about his new job prospect)

Happy Thursday everyone. NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all...

Life continues down interesting paths... an investor is showing "strong interest" according to our real estate agent, in buying the warehouse. Back to the little girl who hopes, but definitely one of the places where I know that reality is only a cashier's check in our hands and the papers all signed. Did I mention we bumped the price up? Last month, we pushed it up another 30 percent. Internet searches being what they are, you need to change things up. Not holding my breath or anything, but definitely raising an eyebrow. Selling it at close to that price would definitely fund our dreams of a homestead in the Ozarks.

So, today is cleaning day. I woke up with energy, which in itself feel miraculous, and I'm going to go back to making this place look tidy and very buyable. :)

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Good morning! The neighbor's dog has been barking non-stop for the past hour, so I'm getting an early start to the day. The only sunrise I'm interested in seeing is the one I've stayed up all night to see, but at least I can take advantage of a little peace and quiet (well, except for neighbor-dog's racket).

gotu52 - Welcome! What kind of endurance training do you do?

Katia - SO sorry you went through all that only to have the surgery cancelled! What kind of hummingbirds do you have that stick around in the snow? I love it when they fly right up to you like that. Once when we lived in New Mexico I had one literally come up and explore my nose for nectar. They don't seem to be afraid of anything.

Pip - Floyd is so handsome, all geared up for action!

Re- Oh, yes, the Crockpot has been my friend lately too! I've been trying a lot of Stephanie O'Dea's recipes (from her "A Year of Slow Cooking" blog).

Becca - Oh, no, so sorry you didn't get to show off your great weight loss! But at least YOU know you did it. Congratulations!

Lisa - Crossing my fingers for you on the warehouse sale!

-Yvonne in TX
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! Local schools have closed due to icy roads. Most of my daycare children are teacher's kids so my house will be empty today! I let the parent of the one child that would be here know that he would be here alone; more than welcome, but no other kids to play with, so she is calling in to work. Day off for me! Looks like I will be able to get everything done for the shower! Whoot!
    Lisa- thinking of you as you listen to the "nibble, nibble" of an interested buyer. Fingers crossed! Good vibes sent! B)
    Heather- Warm weather here you come! Best wishes for safe travels and no issues with transportation or strikes or other craziness!
    Marni- Birds are great! I like all animals, but currently have none. I grew up in a large family and each of us had our pet. Cats, dogs, fish, gerbils, birds. My mom had parakeets and they would often call the dog or the cat to the kitchen with a whistle or a "heeeere kitty, kitty, kitty!" it always laughed after it called the cat. I really think, he understood what he was saying and thought it was hilarious! One bird had a "relationship" with lettuce leaves. He would roll around on top of the leaf of lettuce. We kept his cage door open so he could come and go, and one day, while rolling in ecstasy on top of a leaf of lettuce, he rolled right out the door of the cage. One of the cats was sitting under the cage at the time. I think the cat was stunned into immobility, watching this bird fall toward him; like manna from heaven! The bird caught himself, just inches from the cat's nose and flew back up to his cage. Then, he sat up there and laughed his little birdie cackle.
    Mary- like the others in this group, your posts are some of the ones that I look to for inspiration! Missed you so much while you were recovering last year; but am very glad to have you with us and showing us how to get it done! <3
    Becca- You are cracking me up! And your last quip to Toni (was it Toni?) about her "little behind"! Hilarious!
    Marcelyn- I love running in the rain. Especially the warm rains. Summers up here are SO humid; so the rain is a relief! I started running in the winter, so I am used to cold weather running. Once the heat of summer arrives, I have to get it done before the sun comes up and before the temps soar. I have ended many runs at the lake and just jumped in clothes and all. I did that once at the half way point because I was so stinking hot. Thankful for the lake to jump into! Good luck on your run! I am sure you will kill it!
    Cheri-Hmmm...gross and yet intriguing! Isn't it funny the things that pop up as we surf the internet?
    Sherry- Loving your minions and your silly side! Very happy to see you on here again! Did I say that already? Yes. <3

Love and hugs to all of you. So many to keep up with and respond to! xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3

Kate UK
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »

Then to top it off, tonight I was on Facebook and I saw my middle sister log on. I messaged her saying "happy middle of the week to you. Hope you are handling the snow ok." No response.... So she's ignored me via the phone, AND on FB too... I haven't talked to her since she visited me in July. I called her Thanksgiving and left a message. Called her the beginning of December because I had sent her some books. left a message. She sent a message on her homepage of FB:
    "Merry Christmas to everyone I know, everyone I am related to, and those who are my close friends : I do love you and think about you more times than you can know. Have a great Christmas and enjoy those special Christmas mornings that your kids &grand kids can share with you. Nothing is better than seeing those bright innocence eyes see where Santa walked,ate n brought presents to them. Thanks to everyone in celebrating these times. Talk to everyone soon. Cindy"

If she is thinking about me then why doesn't she show it? She says one thing and does another... It makes me so frustrated and sad.
    Becca
    Oregon

Becca That FB message from your sister sounds depressed. Maybe she doesn't want you to know she is depressed because then you would bug her like any sister would. Just a thought...

Karen in Virginia
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Charleen, wow!! Now, that's a quilt! I've only made one, a lap quilt using all Kaffee Fassett fabrics. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will.

Yesterday was miserable. I take cymbalta for osteoarthritis pain in my hips, and am in the process of stepping down the dosage. Yesterday was 2d day of lower dose and my head felt like it was a huge bell, all hollow and ringy. However, feel normal this morning so fingers crossed. Off to my body pump class!