WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up again!

Christy ~ Prayers and well wishes for you.

Marni and Kelly ~ Love your bird stories.

Becca ~ Sorry about your Sis's silence. I am 9 yrs older than my Sis and am going through something similar over the past 4 months. She no longer calls and only answers specific questions on Facebook. I hope we can work through the difficulty of dispensing with my mom's house and no hard feelings. I think a lot of it is because she knows that once this is done, I will never be visiting the town where I grew up unless it is a very special occasion. I have no where to stay there (she lives about 20 miles outside the town) and I have no friends there except my brothers who I have never been really close to.

Lisa ~ Good luck on a prospective customer.

I am going with two friends to a Greek restaurant today. I have no idea about what I will order as I have never been to one. I did notice they have the spinach and feta in filo dough so may try that and a Greek salad.

Carol in Much Warmer GA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

I didn't post this morning as I was a good girl and wrote a difficult bit of my memoir. Pleased with myself. o:)

KJ - I am learning German on Duolingo at the moment as well as revising my Spanish. It is much more difficult than Spanish, mainly because of the three genders and all the agreements. Drives me nuts, but I regularly do my 5 mins a day or more. I think I am making progress. :* We are calling in on a small town in Germany on our Baltic cruise in August. I'm not going to go on the Berlin trip as I've been there twice and it's a long coach ride. I had a German friend when I was a child and some of the language stuck.

Katla - I'm so sorry about the cancellation. :'(:'(:sad: It will get done - eventually. :flowerforyou:

Today is really gloomy and wet. It is turning to snow in some areas, but not yet here. I hope it won't make tomorrow's trip to London difficult. The chances are it will have cleared by then. I am catching the train at 9.40. No chance to exercise if I want to get my face on etc. We will leave at 9.15 for the station.

The painter is coming to put on a final coat. That's the third day running! He's eating all DH's Christmas cake. :laugh:

I'm loving the parrot stories! :D<3 When I was young my favourite books were Enid Blyton's Adventure series e.g. The Island of Adventure. One of the characters was Kiki the parrot who always enlivened the action and made me laugh. I'm almost tempted to get one. But I won't. :noway:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    Good morning Friends,

Becca sorry about your sister not communicating. Great job on resisting the cake.

Barbie I do the same thing for my teeth. I still have all of mine except for the wisdom teeth.

Alison your health come first. Is there a teaching clinic near you where you could get your exam. I only wear reading glasses but I think you can get reasonable glasses online.

Knee and sleep continue to improve. I will know I am completely better when I can sleep without any pain. A month ago pain at a 10 now it is at a 4.

The author of the book on sleep I am reading had an interesting history. He broke his hip running at age 15 and his back had degenerative disc problems. He completely transformed his diet, exercise, and sleep. Within 9 months his degenerative disc problem was gone. Granted he was young so his healing went make faster. What I respect about him is he choose health and then took the steps to get it. As I said many of his suggestions are common sense and I have heard many of them before. It is the timing and now I am motivated to implement ideas like turning of electronic an hour before bed, exercising in the morning, meditating again particularly in the morning, getting outside in the morning, eating a diet that supports my health and not work against it, working to get the best possible restorative sleep that I can. These are my resolutions and now I have a plan to achieve them.

:heart: Margaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6x5x30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 36x7x30

40lbs loss by May 27th
    Fitness Test
    Push-ups-4X 10
    Sit ups-4x10
    Jumping jacks-4X 10

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Margaret- Great plan! You are on the right track to better physical health!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody

3rd day back and weather awful, cold wet and miserable. Also 3rd day low carb feeling lethargic which I know can be one of the side effects. Went to the gym yesterday and tried rower which I've read is one of the best machines in the gym, the trainer agreed, so think I'll be doing more on it.
    Today badly needed hairdressing appointment so exercised at home before I went.

DH and I did some shopping as fridge bare after holiday.

RE - thanks for hugs

Heather- hope you enjoy your trip and send us pics and food choices

Barbie and Margaret- I still have my teeth and attend dentist every 6 months

Kate UK
    <3<3
  • blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Barb B. Indiana.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    afternoon/good morning ladies~
    left the house at 6 this morning and grocery shopped, came home, put it away and went to feed DFIL , then off to get my hair cut.. always feels wonderful getting that done... came home swept and washed the floors and now asn my stomach is tossing and turning in an Hour I go to see the lawyer.. hoping he gives me some tips and the name of a good attorney that wont cost an arm and a leg..
    then my girlfriend Zina is picking me up at 4:45 and we are going with Mary to a cocktail party at a orthdondtic office we work with.. so that should be fun..
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Allie, I will be thinking of you today. You are doing the right thing.
    Betty
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Prayer request - my daughter-in-law was just rear ended by a truck and is in the ER. They are waiting to do a CT on her neck. She was at a stop sign and there was a truck behind her in a car ran into the truck and the truck smashed into her van. The van is totaled.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • csofled
    Options
    Yesterday was miserable. I take cymbalta for osteoarthritis pain in my hips, and am in the process of stepping down the dosage. Yesterday was 2d day of lower dose and my head felt like it was a huge bell, all hollow and ringy. However, feel normal this morning so fingers crossed. Off to my body pump class!

Good luck with the weaning off of Cymbalta. I had a horrendous time several years ago. What you are feeling is quite normal. I also had this "brain zapping" thing going on. I actually had to take the capsules apart and count out the granules the withdrawal was so bad. Wishing you the best!

Cheri
    in damp TX
  • csofled
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    yesterday was a long day...I came home and took an advil PM.. Tom angry with me because I asked about having an eye exam and we cant afford the glasses right now.. we spent 2500 on the dogs before vacation,then on vacation and Tom didnt get paid for 2 weeks and I not for one.. and then he brings up the bed I bought.. and I dont think about anything ,about bills etc...he has been quiet for awhile now he is starting up again..
    going for a hair cut today and then to see a lawyer.. wish me luck on that front..

Thinking of you Allie! Stay strong and put yourself first this time! :)<3

Cheri