jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Re in TX
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Hello Vivid Vixens!

Beth – Thanks, me too! And if there is anything I have learned from this process, it’s that LOGGING makes it work. If you log it, honestly and completely, you will at least know where your failings are... and I have found that it’s easier to avoid eating it, if I know I am going to have to put it in my diary. If I log... I lose. Good Luck!

I like being a Vivid Vixen.

Re: Logging. Yup. Yup. Yup. And even a YES!!! Logging is vital if I am to lose weight.

Some of you may remember I was doing a huge de-cluttering job. Three rooms piled high with stuff and paths to walk through. I had made it through a first pass but then I kinda stalled for a while. In Dec. the organizer came back and we tackled the pink room. I had thought it would take me a month to finish it. With her help we got it done in 2 hours. I now have a workout room in my house.

Tonight she came again and we tackled the peach room. Nope, didn't get it done in 2 hours, but made a nice dent. She's not returning until March. I'm hoping I can keep up some momentum so that the peach room will be done with by the time she comes back or by the time she leaves in March.

Meanwhile I find I am exhausted so I'm logging off for tonight.

Mia in MI

• bmidwinter
    bmidwinter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.25min, 13.2amph, 152mhr, 2.9mi= 143c
    applie iwatch- 111
    Ski Machine- 30min, 6incl, 25-35resist, 139mhr, 1.49mi = 256c
    apple iwatch- 243c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.15min, 141mhr, 11.7amph, 1.4mi = 86c
    apple iwatch- 62c
    walk station 2 wk- 9.07min, 3.7ap, 138mhr, .5mi = 64c
    apple iwatch- 50c
    walk/jog wk 2 sta- 4.54min, 10.44ap 138mhr, .4mi = 58c
    apple iwatch- 52c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.51min, 8.1amph, 148mhr, 2.5mi = 190c
    apple iwatch- 150c

total cal 797
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Mary: Relieved to hear your DIL is okay.

Sherry: I’m sending prayers for you to get your car and dear Missy back in your possession.

Allie: ((hugs)) – stay strong.

Pip: Rocky was clearly special.

Full disclosure: Made killer cupcakes last night, half the batch in regular size, and half the batch in mini-size. I should never do these things during a full moon. Resistance was nil. DH is consuming his share, and I took some to a slender neighbor who is celebrating her 60th birthday today. Gotta get rid of the rest. Neighbor and I have birthdays two days apart, so we made plans to have a ‘girls’ day’ today. We went to lunch, painted pottery for the first time, followed by coffee, then a visit to Penzy’s spice store. It was such a fun to get out of the office/house/routine.

I'm off work tomorrow as well. Plan is to take DH to Social Security office to lock in his Part B, then run a few errands.

“Great American Baking Show” finals on now. Will vicariously enjoy all the goodies B)

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

January Resolutions:
    Re-read “Salt, Sugar, Fat”
    Water with lemon everyday
    Do something social every week
    Take measurements
    Practice Reiki daily
    Word for 2017: Attune
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Clarebare60: I agree with your advice to go to a yoga class taught by someone who loves yoga. Studios are not easily found in my county and I'm delighted that our local athletic club has yoga classes available. I have seen and tried DVD's and yoga apps, but they aren't very motivating or effective, and it is too easy to move the wrong way and either do damage or simply do no good. :smiley:

Sue in WA: Thanks for your sympathy. This is frustrating. DH won't be able to get the first eye surgery done for several weeks. :ohwell:

Rori: I love reading about your adventures and travels. Cupcakes would be very hard to resist if you leave them out in the open. They are already made into uniform portions, which could be excellent. You could put them in the freezer and allow yourself one as a treat or a reward for exercise. :bigsmile:

We've seen evidence that the raccoons are trying to get under our house again. I called the pest control company but haven't had a call back as yet. :grumble:

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

I'm not giving up on getting rid of the raccoons! :grumble:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    16,000 steps
    143 minutes walking Sasha
    126 minutes riding the exercise bike
    20 minutes doing physical therapy exercises
    line dance class

Resolutions for January:
    *assemble the necessary papers and numbers to prepare 2016 income tax return
    *meditate daily, increasing time gradually
    *do physical therapy exercises daily
    *act the way I want to feel

My word for 2017 is "balance"

:) Barbie from NW Washington
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    cjn5obhptbpy.jpg
    510cokhjg3im.jpg
    0dpwcbjp0bcy.jpg

Rori - thanks hun, I'm really hoping she will be back with me soon.

Here's some more Minion funnies for you all! Hope you enjoy!

Time to put a movie in. I've been good, I've taken my meds, shot and supplements. Hope everyone gets some good sleep tonight! Talk to you all tomorrow.

Sherry

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Does anyone watch Code Black on CBS???? It is an excellent medical drama, the best since ER was on. I need some one to help me understand last night's episode! The huge twist at the end just has to many meanings in my mind and I am not understanding it. I was going to re-watch it but deleted it off my DVR.

Most of you know we had our tiny master bath done last November. The poor guy thought he was done with us when he finished and we paid. Well last week our hot water heater went out. Also the float in the commode wasn't working right. So he fixed the float and for over $800 installed a new hot water heater. Well Charlie takes another shower and doesn't have enough hot water for shower. So he comes back out again and does something hoping it will help. Last night it went out again. So he comes today, makes another adjustment tells us to take another shower to see how it goes. Well our shower head is like most of all other shower heads and is a water saver. So he just turns on the faucet in the bath tub and gets cold water after 8 minutes. So the guy has to come out tomorrow. Poor guy, he isn't being paid all these times since this thing is a week old.

Our pianist at church is a such a super person, in talent, compassion and just life. She and her husband were the church's janitor and she the pianist. Plus she has MS. I never understood how she did it. Then he got dementia and it kept getting worse. So she dropped the janitor and tried to keep up the pianist. Luckily our organist is just as good as she is and takes over. Kenny was one of our best basses in the choir, even with dementia he still was a good choir member. As long as some one made sure he had the right page he sang just as well. When she finally couldn't take care of him at home and put him in a nursing home he started going down hill, falling a lot, not eating or sleeping. Yesterday he fell and they took him to ER and he had had a severe brain bleed. He is now in hospice care, not responding and I am afraid we will be loosing Kenny. I am sure heaven will be getting a wonderful bass to sing in it's choir. I hope he doesn't have to suffer long.

For those who have face book, you know it gives you the ability to see your memories. So every day now I am seeing my Mom die again. It was one day this week that we had to send her to ER and they did a CT scan and saw a broken hip and that the break was because of cancer. We were given a prognosis of 6 months but she died in 6 weeks. God was taking care of us in that my sister and I were going to be her care givers along with the senior center she was living. She had been there for about 5 years and a very favorite resident. You had to pay if you wanted any nursing care but they told us that they would provide any and all nursing care she needed free of care as long as she needed it. So my sister, with fibro and many ortho problems along with a terrible back and then me with my MS and bad back, were going to be those care givers. After she had her hip repair, she was sent to a wonderful rehab place and then would go to her apartment. One of the physicians assistants recommended a hospice before discharge for pain control. Well as soon as Mom got in her bed there in the hospice, her body started letting go. It was a very long 3 weeks for Mom to finally let go. I lost my love of God for a little bit until the provider that came and put the special IV line for her Morphine. Mom was so swollen that the Morphine they were giving her was just weeping out of her skin. The philosophy of this IV provider was Jeremiah 29:11 which was Mom's favorite Bible verse and her life verse. For those of you who want to and have a Bible, you can look it up. I am not here to preach it. But when I saw that verse on their flyer, I just lost it. I knew then that God had not ignored Mom and all her love for Him. We have to wait for God's time. Whoops, a little bit of preaching there. Anyway, being a nurse and a daughter was pretty hard for those weeks. But I couldn't have done it without hospice. And I guess God knew my sis and I couldn't do hospice in her apartment and that we needed to be cared for ourselves by the hospice staff. Hospice gave me such a different viewpoint of nursing. I wished I was going back to work after so I could practice that.

Wheeeeeew, where did all that come from? I guess Kenny being in hospice tonight and facebook giving me my memories. So far they are OK but I know what is coming. It's been 6 years now and I know Mom and Dad are together again with their daughter who died when she was 20 of cancer.

OK, enough for tonight, Joyce, Indiana
  • Jaja99
    Jaja99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It has been a busy day and I'm tired. That alarm clock will sound off early for work so I am going to head for bed. I am thinking of you all and so excited about the wonderful choices many of you have been making and the great pictures you have been posting. My thoughts and prayers go out to those of you experiencing loss, pain, heartaches, bad weather, and uncertainty. I'm encouraged by your kindness, ideas, successes, humor, and ideas. I love that this is a safe place to share those moments of weakness and discouragement. Thanks for welcoming us newbies.
    Jana in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a body pump DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a step DVD.

After exercise, went to Bi-Lo to get things on sale then took our aluminum to the Humane Society. Came home and had something else to eat then went to volunteer at the Green Room. Afterwards went to Aldi. Had Newcomer bowling tonight.

Marcelyn - one of the things that I could never understand about WW was how something was "free". Everything, even celery, has some calories. but I still think that compared to a lot of other diets, they are the best.

Gloria - how trus that you can't outrun your fork

Rita - good girl tossing out those spiced jellies!

pip - loved rocky in his coat

Mary - prayers for your DIL. Update: so glad our prayers were answered.

Cheri - lovely pics. Thanks for sharing them

Re - yea for no more pre-diabetes. Good luck with the MRI. I didn't need to go to the gym today without makeup, for some reason I woke up early enough to put it on!

Joyce - I'm so sorry about your pianist

Michele in NC
  • msfanglet
    msfanglet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HOW do you keep up with this thread?? I don't even know how to jump in..lol.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    427837dh1uo378hf.gif
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate - UK