Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday:
    1. Stay in the green ;) I went over by 41 calories, but I made all healthy choices with no ice cream, so I'm counting this as a win!
    2. Hydrate 80 oz :neutral:
    3. Package serving-sized healthy snacks :)
    4. Knee exercises x 2 :)
    5. Pick one area of our house to begin decluttering :) Bedroom closet
    6. Listen to Optimal Living Daily podcast (and a few others if time) :)
    7. Meditate / read something inspirational / journal (pick one) :)
    8. Bed early, unplug and be asleep by 11:00 pm (*fingers crossed* I really need to get my sleep habits turned around.) :s Big fail. Watched youtube videos of quilting and browsed Pinterest until 11:30. Then had to get up a few times during the night to ice my knee. Tired today.

Just for Wednesday
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate 80 oz
    3. Knee exercises before Physical Therapy appointment
    4. Spend 15 minutes on this week's declutter area
    5. Listen to daily podcasts
    6. Go to physical therapy appointment and hope they loosen restrictions a bit
    7. Spend some time sewing, or find a new hobby I can do easily without using stairs. Maybe research applique? Never done it before!
    8. Unplug one hour prior to bed & journal or read.

Have a beautiful day everyone!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Do ALL the laundry :D Forgot about the DH's clothes in the bathroom
    3. Do chores(dishes/take out trash/clean bathroom) :D Everything but the bathroom lol
    4. Fix cover of poem book :sI tried but it still screwed up! I think I'm gonna have take the whole thing down and resubmit it all
    5. Format SS :/Did work on the novel a bit
    6. Gym or walk :)
    7. Make a yummy dinner :)
    8. Spend time with the DH :D
    9. Bed by 10pm :)

Have a great night everyone!

Boy did I not want to get up this morning! Hit the snooze button three times. Lol. Bit I've been giving myself a bit of leeway with it because I've been getting up way early to post on my sites. This one is a little late though. So yesterday morning I went for a walk early and it was totally gross out. Then of course in the early afternoon the humidity breaks and it becomes really really nice. Turned the A/C off and opened the windows.

As for today's goals!

1. Log everything
    2. Keep till balanced
    3. Ask for help if needed
    4. Go to gym since its gross out today
    5. Eat proper portions at dinner
    6. Prelog food
    7. Work on formatting SS
    8. Outline novel
    9. Bed by 12am
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    6/20,JFT done
    6/21 JFT
    Elliptical x35 mins...... done
    Water aerobics classx 60 mins.......done

Wt on 6/15.......201.3lbs
    Wt on6/21.........200.2
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    New to this thread, hello to all. Just for today, stick to the plan. No added sugar and focus on protein goals.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    On business trip...just a quick check-in to reenforce my objectives

JFT
    ** make best possible food choices
    ** One alcohol drink per day - enjoy a glass of wine with dinner
    ** Use the terrific fitness center provided
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. Track all food :)
    2. 5+ freggies :)
    3. gardening :)
    4. swim and/or dancing...bad knee is bothering me, so not sure if I can do both :( tired and in pain, so nope!
    5. 10+ C water :)

Wednesday:
    1. Track all food
    2. 5+ freggies
    3. walking
    4. gym workout if time allows (may have to go out of town to deal with family issue)
    5. 10+ C water
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    6/21 Wednesday JFT:

Attend classes✔
    Small grocery trip❌
    (picked up Fajitas from Rosa' s instead bc I'm behind on HW)

Physics HW and exam prep ➡️another all nighter just to catch up
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    cooked a delicious and compliant dinner for four....they didn't even know they were dieting - LOL

I LOVE THIS! LOL!

AHAHAH amazing!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I have a confession to make...

I have cheated every day this week!

I'm currently scoffing my face with cocopops and no fu€ks are being given!

Someone help me.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Aww @Bex953172 That's terrible! What happened to all the kicks in the pants you've been giving us?! You need one now too! You need to put the cereal down and get that butt moving! Go do that dance video. Let the SO see you dancing around like a potato! Remember?!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Someone help me.

Sometimes stress and surges of hormones will make you grab for "comfort" food. When that happens try to remember "why" you're telling yourself to grab that "comfort" food (are you depleted in nutrition or are you feeding your emotions) Trust me, this is very hard to deal with especially when you're stressed or sad but remember how you felt last time you worked out....which one makes you feel more positive?! Typically working out will be the best self confident boost you'll need. Just start by getting into your workout clothes, then put your shoes on and just put that DVD in (the music will motivate you) or get outside, the fresh air will lift your spirits! Good luck girl, you've got this!!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Aww @Bex953172 That's terrible! What happened to all the kicks in the pants you've been giving us?! You need one now too! You need to put the cereal down and get that butt moving! Go do that dance video. Let the SO see you dancing around like a potato! Remember?!

I know, I've been giving you all a hard time and I've been cheating!how very naughty lol!
    I'm going to do that dance video today.
    I need to.

You're right I need to get my butt moving!
    And I need to start logging!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Someone help me.

Sometimes stress and surges of hormones will make you grab for "comfort" food. When that happens try to remember "why" you're telling yourself to grab that "comfort" food (are you depleted in nutrition or are you feeding your emotions) Trust me, this is very hard to deal with especially when you're stressed or sad but remember how you felt last time you worked out....which one makes you feel more positive?! Typically working out will be the best self confident boost you'll need. Just start by getting into your workout clothes, then put your shoes on and just put that DVD in (the music will motivate you) or get outside, the fresh air will lift your spirits! Good luck girl, you've got this!!!!!

Ah thank you, its been very hot here in the U.K., pretty funny because we all complain how cold and rainy it is and then we get a heatwave and complain about how hot it is! And the typical UK household does not have air con!! We have fans! So we just blow hot air around haha

Its been unbearable at times, I've been pretty stressed thinking about it! Especially with the toddler because she still wants to play and it's just too hot to move! Even walking to nursery has been challenging. Then the baby is crying a bit more at night because of the heat and she's only in a nappy!
    Me and my OH have had to use the girls' cellular blankets!!

So that's probably why.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    So before @joan6630 and @OConnell5483 find out and tell me off! Here are my goals..

- Log EVERYTHING
    - Walk to nursery today, on drop off and pick up.
    - Do the dance video
    - Have a nap!
    - Weigh in... :scream:
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Pack a lunch and food for the day. I am convinced that a very bad lunch choice yesterday sent me over the edge and led to my voraciousness later. According to my calorie count, I've already eaten all my calories until Saturday. :)

When I don't plan, I choose unwisely. And my body feels it.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Pack a lunch and food for the day. I am convinced that a very bad lunch choice yesterday sent me over the edge and led to my voraciousness later. According to my calorie count, I've already eaten all my calories until Saturday. :)

When I don't plan, I choose unwisely. And my body feels it.

Oops! At least you're out to g things in place to tackle it!
    I've harbinger for the last week so I've probably ate my calories til August!!

Also,just looked at your profile pic, its so funny lol!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Recap 6/21 W
    1) Hit snooze button 3 times but walked dog short route before work = 2.43 miles B)
    2) Meals / snacks pre-logged for today / keep net calories w/i 100 of green = yes :smiley:
    3) Evening, sync Fitbit with computer (hate that it arbitrarily stops syncing) [still not syncing] / city band concert at 7:30 [dog sick & I stayed home to keep an eye on her] / do 1-2 chores = finally washed pile of dirty dishes on counter / collected rain water for houseplants / refilled oriole feeder...they eat a lot! :smile:
    4) Stop chores by 9:30 to unwind / bedtime by 10:15 & TV off = I guess falling asleep on couch at 9 and getting up at 10 to go to bed counts :smiley:

I have noticed on my daily weigh-ins that, even if I don't walk the dog, as long as I keep moving in the evenings doing chores or whatever, that activity is keeping me on track, even though I usually don't log misc. activity. I have MFP set to sedentary, since I have a desk job. Good to know. :smile:

JFT 6/22 R - overnight thunderstorms, more predicted Thurs, no dog walk [she seems fine now]
    1) Meals / snacks pre-logged / keep net calories w/i 100 of green
    2) Since no dog walk planned today, > 25 flights of stairs
    3) Evening, boil eggs, brew tea, make couscous salad, cut up veggies for lunch/snacks, hang up clean shirts, sync Fitbit (grrr!)
    4) Unwind by 9:30 / bed by 10:15 / TV off
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Ah thank you, its been very hot here in the U.K., pretty funny because we all complain how cold and rainy it is and then we get a heatwave and complain about how hot it is!

Same here in northeast Wisconsin, USA! We have so much winter, pre-winter and post-winter, then our summer is so short. And for some reason, my comfort range is getter smaller and smaller. :D
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    1. Log everything :)
    2. Keep till balanced :#Was off by $20!
    3. Ask for help if needed :)
    4. Go to gym since its gross out today :)Went for a walk instead since it turned out to not be as terrible after a freak thunderstorm passed through
    5. Eat proper portions at dinner :)I had a weird dinner though. Lol. I kind of grazed instead of eating a proper meal.
    6. Prelog food :)
    7. Work on formatting SS :/
    8. Outline novel :/
    9. Bed by 12 am :pI think it was just after midnight actually.

So last night was kind of weird. Took a random that didn't really feel like a nap. I slept but I didn't feel like I slept. I closed my eyes and opened them again and an hour had passed. Lol. We had a severe freak thunderstorm that materialized out of nowhere but it brought the temperature down so I was able to get a walk in though the humidity was still super high and I work pants instead of shorts and sweat a lot. Watched the NHL Award Show and the Expansion draft. One of our best, beloved players is going to the new team so that was kind of heartwrenching to watch. I watched a tribute video to him made by the team this morning and I teared up. Lol. I'm such a sap! Lol. Work this afternoon. Woohoo...not! Lol

Goals for 6/22

1. Log everything
    2. KEEP TILL BALANCED!
    3. Ask for help if I need it!
    4. Prelog food!
    5. Only eat proper portions at dinner!
    6. Gym/walk after dinner
    7. Bed by 9 since I have a super early shift tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    JFT,6/22----
    I am feeling somewhat tired today so, I am going to rest for the remainder of the day.