Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Just to update you.. I did the workout.
    Well 30 mins out of 40.
    I did the first cardio and strength training, then the second cardio and second strength training (completed more than I've done before so I'm getting better)
    But my foot twinged on the last cardio so decided not to risk it.
    I'm gonna have to go to the Dr aren't i? Its not improving.

Anyway might just weigh myself again tomorrow because I'm pretty sure I just sweated out 5lbs!!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    6/22 Thursday JFT:

Attend classes✔
    Deal with paperwork stuff✔
    Tutoring✔
    Physics HW and exam prep!!✔✔✔✔

(No time to run today bc I was at the university from 9 am to 5 pm. The rest of the day is reserved for studying, homework, dinner and sleep) :D

Dinner 7pm✔
    Bedtime by midnight -> just make it happen! :D

(Wake up at 6am Friday so I can run on the elliptical before my exam to reduce anxiety!!)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So before @joan6630 and @OConnell5483 find out and tell me off! Here are my goals..

- Log EVERYTHING
    - Walk to nursery today, on drop off and pick up.
    - Do the dance video
    - Have a nap!
    - Weigh in... :scream:

Bex, Bex, Bex....you sassy little missy. I am just now seeing this, as I sit on my butt eating the ice cream sundae my husband just surprised me with! So, I'm thinking I am probably about the LAST person who should be telling any one off or giving anyone a kick in the *kitten*! I did stay in the green though, so I guess it's kind of okay...

I would struggle with that kind of heat you described too...especially with the fans blowing hot air around. I'm lucky enough to have air conditioning this year, but I remember very well how t feels to have that hot air being blown around and have the kids crying because they're so hot. It is miserable. I wish I could send some a/c your way!

• PackerFanInGB
    Pack a lunch and food for the day. I am convinced that a very bad lunch choice yesterday sent me over the edge and led to my voraciousness later. According to my calorie count, I've already eaten all my calories until Saturday. :)

When I don't plan, I choose unwisely. And my body feels it.

That's awesome! hahaha! I think I've eaten mine for the week too then... at least you see what happened and have a plan!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Ah thank you, its been very hot here in the U.K., pretty funny because we all complain how cold and rainy it is and then we get a heatwave and complain about how hot it is!

Same here in northeast Wisconsin, USA! We have so much winter, pre-winter and post-winter, then our summer is so short. And for some reason, my comfort range is getter smaller and smaller. :D

I feel the same way! @Bex953172 , did you know that @cshmitz110515 and I live in the same city? I have probably seen her at the Farmer's Market or something and don't even know it! LOL. Anyway, I was thinking the same thing...how it's always so cold around here and then our summers are really short and can be really humid and hot. the older I get the less I tolerate the hot humid stuff and I really get sick of winter too. I need to move somewhere where it's about 72 degrees every day. :lol:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just to update you.. I did the workout.
    But my foot twinged on the last cardio so decided not to risk it.
    I'm gonna have to go to the Dr aren't i? Its not improving.

Yes, I think you ARE going to have to go to the doctor! If it isn't improving by now, you'd better get your butt in there.
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited June 2017
    Just for Wednesday
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. Hydrate 80 oz :)
    3. Knee exercises before Physical Therapy appointment :)
    4. Spend 15 minutes on this week's declutter area :)
    5. Listen to daily podcasts :)
    6. Go to physical therapy appointment and hope they loosen restrictions a bit :)
    7. Spend some time sewing, or find a new hobby I can do easily without using stairs. Maybe research applique? Never done it before! ;) Pinterest research on sewing projects
    8. Unplug one hour prior to bed & journal or read. :)

Just for Thursday:
    1. stay in the green :)
    2. Hydrate :)
    3. Knee exercises for physical therapy :)
    4. Rest since my knee has been sore from therapy yesterday :)
    5. Get a good night's sleep and wake up early tomorrow - going to bed now
    6. Journal tonight and read. - going to bed to read now
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    For Friday I will try nor to resent the need to log everything. But it is so tedious!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    Recap 6/22 R - overnight thunderstorms, more predicted Thurs, no dog walk [she seems fine now]
    1) Meals / snacks pre-logged / keep net calories w/i 100 of green = Barely...I have figured out that if I heat & eat leftovers in their containers and do not set a plate at the table, I feel like didn't really eat supper, and I want to graze through the evening. Something to keep in mind. :D
    2) Since no dog walk planned today, > 25 flights of stairs = 26 :smiley:
    3) Evening, boil eggs, brew tea, make couscous salad [home from work later than expected], cut up veggies for lunch/snacks, hang up clean shirts [see #4], sync Fitbit (grrr!) = Yes to most. Fitbit finally sync'd and I didn't lose any days, but what a pain it is sometimes. Still have a few things on my to-do list. :wink:
    4) Unwind by 9:30 / bed by 10:15 / TV off = Quit doing chores at 9, bed by 10:23 so good enough. :smiley:

JFT 6/23 F
    1) Another late(ish) start, walked dog 3 miles before work, were w/i 20 feet of 2 sandhill cranes - so cool! :smiley:
    2) Meals / snacks (mostly) pre-logged / keep net calories in the green
    3) Get short to-do list done this evening
    4) Bedtime 10:30 - farmers market early, then walk dog before SIL and BIL arrive for the weekend

Happy Friday all!
  • cschmitz110515
    Ah thank you, its been very hot here in the U.K., pretty funny because we all complain how cold and rainy it is and then we get a heatwave and complain about how hot it is!

Same here in northeast Wisconsin, USA! We have so much winter, pre-winter and post-winter, then our summer is so short. And for some reason, my comfort range is getter smaller and smaller. :D

I feel the same way! @Bex953172 , did you know that @cshmitz110515 and I live in the same city? I have probably seen her at the Farmer's Market or something and don't even know it! LOL. Anyway, I was thinking the same thing...how it's always so cold around here and then our summers are really short and can be really humid and hot. the older I get the less I tolerate the hot humid stuff and I really get sick of winter too. I need to move somewhere where it's about 72 degrees every day. :lol:

@OConnell5483 Someday we'll have to meet at The Attic! :smiley:
  • PackerFanInGB
    @cschmitz110515 My new favorite place! :smiley: I was with my husband at the city site where you can bring leaves, grass clippings, branches and get mulch for your yard (can't think of the name!) and I saw a woman there walking a little dog and I thought of you right away and wondered if it was you. hahaha! It's down Military on the other side of 43... Anyway, isn't it something how someone you've never met can pop in your mind like that?
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Friday:
    1. Log every bite and stay in the green
    2. Hydrate 80 oz
    3. Watch 2-hour eLearning on creating Captivate assessments
    4. Finish decluttering closet
    5. Mail birthday cards
    6. Therapy exercises x 2
    7. Run to store and pick up a few healthy snacks
    8. Read / listen to something inspirational
    9. Gratitude journal
    10. Rest and ice my knee
    11. See if you can make it to Farmer's Market tomorrow? Probably too much walking, but ask therapist today.
  • cschmitz110515
    edited June 2017
    Recapping 6/23 F tonight
    1) Another late(ish) start, walked dog 3 miles before work, were w/i 20 feet of 2 sandhill cranes - so cool! :smiley:
    2) Meals / snacks (mostly) pre-logged / keep net calories in the green = Nope, just remembered to log one last thing. Due to I made my favorite summer salad with couscous / veggies, and ate 2 servings. :/
    3) Get short to-do list done this evening = nearly done :smile:
    4) Bedtime 10:30 - farmers market early, then walk dog before SIL and BIL arrive for the weekend = plan to

JFT 6/24 Sat. is Kite Fest! We've gone every year. Free event, food sales raise money for good cause. Of course I will eat there.
    1) Farmers market early
    2) Walk dog longer route
    3) Eat in moderation / log food later
    4) Not sure what the supper plan with hubby, his sister & her husband will be - see #3
    5) Drink water - harder for me on the weekends out & about
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    JFT 6/24
    Since its raining heavily, I will cancel my Zumba class
    Will clean and organize , the spare bedroom.
    Shred documents.
    Prepare meals for at least the next 4 days
    Will walk on the treadmill for 30 mins, if there is any energy left.
    Continue with daily logging
    Continue daily weight tracking. My scale and I have resumed our friendship.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    I'm sorry I've been gone for a few days! They have been crazy! DH had his endoscopy done on Friday and that was a trip. And then yesterday was good but I took a 3 hour long nap after work before DH got home. I keep telling myself that I wont nap but I end up doing it anyway! It just feels so good! Lol. My eating habits have been absolutely terrible the last two days. Friday I ate huge portions of bad things and yesterday I ate well until the peanut butter and jelly sandwich I had at 8:30 at night. Lol. And I havent gotten any walking in the last three days. It's been so hot and I've been so busy. I am determined to get a workout in today! I will do something! I also have to clean and do laundry!

So, JFT Sunday 6/25

1. Log EVERYTHING I eat
    2. Stay in green
    3. Do all the laundry
    4. Wash the dishes
    5. Clean the bathroom
    6. Eat leftovers in moderation!
    7. Finish Hogwarts challenges for the week
    8. Walk/gym!
    9. Food shopping!

Wow...Busy day today!

Let's see how much of it I can get done!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    12774 wrote: »
    JFT 6/24
    Since its raining heavily, I will cancel my Zumba class
    Will clean and organize , the spare bedroom.
    Shred documents.
    Prepare meals for at least the next 4 days
    Will walk on the treadmill for 30 mins, if there is any energy left.
    Continue with daily logging
    Continue daily weight tracking. My scale and I have resumed our friendship.

JFT, 6/25
    I forgot to shred the documents yesterday, so its back on for today. Done.
    Walked in the park for 60 mins.
    Did some gardening,pulling out weeds.
    Prepare gym bag for tomorrow.
    Continue to log.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    I am back from my conference. I had a pretty good week. High-flaunting hotels don’t usually come with a mini fridge or a microwave in the room and this one – a Marriott – was no different. I am much more comfortable staying in a mom and pop hotel or a mid range like Hampton Inn because I do not have to eat all meals out if I keep some noms in the room. Don’t get me wrong I had a marvelous stay: the hotel and grounds were beautiful; the fitness center was one of the best I have been in at a hotel; the food was fantastic; the view was beautiful; the pool nice. The conference material was also useful and the networking great.

I mostly behaved myself. First off I did not over indulge in the alcohol, which is easy to do. The last night I even poured a glass of wine down the sink. I made good food choices at all meals, even while eating more than I usually would. And I did not finish my plate when the food was served already portioned. At the buffets I could control how much was on my plate. Not finishing my plate is a tough one. Like many I was raised to clean my plate.

I exercised each night. I did not miss one. I even got my husband to the fitness center one night and he rode the bike while I used the treadmill, then I joined him and told him we were “spinning” and he was hip now. :p

I came back and weighed Saturday morning. I figured I would be up a pound or two as I seem to be sensitive to sodium. On Tuesday before I left I was 200.2. Saturday, yesterday, I was 201.7 and today I was 199.7! Yay! No real gain. A successful week weight wise.

Going out of town and not sleeping in my own bed is exhausting. I slugged all day yesterday. I meant to go in to the office and see what needed to be done before I came in Monday and it slapped me in the face. I was hot and cranky and tired so I went upstairs to take a quick shower before. I went up to the bedroom, laid down on the bed and lazed around for 4 hours. Some napping, some TV watching, no moving. No going to the office. So today I am in the office and I am catching up at work as well as here.

JFT 06-25-2017
    • Stay in the green net calorie wise
    • Walk/Jog tonight (Wog)
    • Drink 64+ oz water
    • Finish RT-6 reconciliation
    • Clear the escheat letter repsonses
    • Draft resume

I read thru and caught up on ya'lls doings. I can relate to the heat and humidity. It's a constant down here in Florida for 6+ months of the year. I do have AC though. Went out at 10 pm last night to walk and it was still in the 80s.

@Bex953172 - whatever you do - log it! Keep it real.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited June 2017
    6/23 Friday JFT:

Physics Exam✔
    Had a good cry after the exam ✔ :(
    Cleaned entire house ✔
    Left town✔
    Bedtime by midnight ✔

6/24 Saturday JFT:

Attend Prison Ministry Event 6:30am - 9pm✔
    Drive back home✔
    Bedtime at 1am✔

6/25 Sunday JFT:

Weigh-in: 182

Slept in until noon (oh my, I guess I needed the sleep)✔

Physics HW and online HW
    Budget and Family meeting
    Prep Kid's weekly homeschool lessons
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Bedtime by midnight

I'm kind-a tired today so I'll do my best to get back in routine B)

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!