Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I sure have been slacking off since I have been home recuperating. I really need to get serious and back on track. No more fooling myself. I had a graduation party to attend yesterday and I gained so much weight back that I had nothing to wear. Seriously. None of my summer clothes fit me this year. It has gotten ridiculous. My waist is so thick that everything is tight.

I cannot wait until I can go for walks or bike rides again. This sitting around and eating has not done me any favors. I am so embarrassed that I let myself go so far backwards when I had been doing so good!

So, it is time for me to get realistic and begin holding myself accountable for every "bite of this" and "taste of that", and start this week as a fresh new beginning. Enough is enough.

Just for Monday:
    1. Pre-log meals & snacks and stick to plan
    2. Hydrate 64+ oz
    3. Therapy exercises for knee x2
    4. Write out index cards of why I want to lose weight and review them often
    5. Remind myself that sugar is bad for my health
    6. Go to postop follow-up appointment
    7. Body, Mind and Spirit Self-Care:
    a. Read or listen to something regarding nutrition
    b. Read Simple Abundance book
    c. 15-minute meditation
    8. Unplug one hour before bed and get to sleep by 10:30 pm
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @junodog1 You did REALLY good being gone and keeping your weight not only steady but with a loss! Nice!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    6/26 Monday JFT:

Attend classes
    Tutoring
    Small grocery trip
    Dinner early (6pm)
    Physics HW and online HW
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Bedtime (when done with Ch. 10,11,12,13 HW)

Stay Positive today!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Thank you everyone for the support! Mammo followup was fine. You all are awesome.

Weekend was super busy and I didn't post (times like this I need to post more than ever).

Pretracked most meals/snacks so far.
    Drink 16 oz of warm water with juice from one lemon.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 10pm. Struggle continues!
    Going to listen to Half Size Me new episode.
    Walk dog 30 mins at park.
    Weight lifting and need to check with gym to see what daycare is available during summer.
    Aiming for 150g of protein. I have yet to do this!
    Do the 20 min meditation online this afternoon.
    Yoga nidra tonight.

Tried on ALL my swimsuits this am. As frustrated as I am that many of them don't fit, it's liberating to have the new space in my drawer. I'll pick up two new suits to get me through the summer. Love to add a water aerobics class to my week for a change. :)
    Have a wonderful Monday everyone.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @junodog1 You did REALLY good being gone and keeping your weight not only steady but with a loss! Nice!

Thanks for the pat on the back. Let me reciprocate and tell you --> You know you can do this! I've never been sidelined as you are, all our empathy is real. Keep up the tracking and control and you will be right back where you want in a little time.
  • junodog1
    Options
    Arghh! I had this post all written, then I pushed the wrong button. Lost it.

Well, one of my JFT is to stay off MFP at work today. I have much to-do backed up. So quickly - JFT

06-26-2017
    • Stay in the green on calories
    • Water logging
    • Walk/Jog tonight (Wog)
    • Bed by 10:45 Lights out by 11:00
    • Clean bathrooms
    • Plan dinners for Wed, Thurs & Fri. (pot roast, pork chops, chicken thighs - need the sides)
    • Stay off MFP at work today
  • vmbourg
    vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Restarted a year ago but to a break after 20lbs lost. Now ready to lose the last 20lbs to goal.

My goals for June 2017
    1. Log Daily - Good and the bad
    2. Drink 64oz or more daily
    3. Get Active for at least 30mins.
    4. STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,481 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Realized this morning I haven't updated since F evening, so here goes:

Recap 6/24 Sat. is Kite Fest! We've gone every year. Free event, food sales raise money for good cause. Of course I will eat there.
    1) Farmers market early = still struggling to get there before 8 a.m. b/c it's Sat. :smile:
    2) Walk dog longer route = 3.28 miles :smiley:
    3) Eat in moderation / log food later = did ok all day, even when we went out for dinner, but then I binged on M&Ms at home, not really sure why but I was very tired :s
    4) Not sure what the supper plan with hubby, his sister & her husband will be - see #3
    5) Drink water - harder for me on the weekends out & about = combo of home, festival & restaurant - total of 8 c. :smiley:

Sunday: walked dog 3.58 miles and bed by 11:00. Always harder for me to go to bed early after the weekend.

JFT 6/28 M
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories in the green
    3) Work on to-do list in evening but stop at 9 p.m. to unwind
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In will be good for me. I eat back calories when I am active, but often I snack / eat too much. My weigh-ins have been all over the scale lately due to life. I weigh myself daily and log weekly. I will post my Saturday a.m. weigh-in.

My June goal is to lose those pesky 4# and stay below 180...I'm so close!

6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok :smiley:

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight Jan 1 - 217.0 lbs
    June starting weight - 200.4 lbs
    June goal weight - 194.0 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight - 175 lbs

Weigh in:
    June 8: 201.4
    June 18: 199.6
    June 26: 199.4
    June 30:
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I see I have lots to catch up on! But my trip with my son and his family was wonderful. Connecticut was beautiful. I ate way too much, but thankfully I am still down, even though it is only .2 of a pound. At least I didn't gain! I guess all the running around with grandsons helped!

SO JFT, Monday
    1. get back to healthier eating
    2. 5 veggies and/or fruits
    3. drink water
    4. go to zumba tonite
  • mytime6630
    Options

I cannot wait until I can go for walks or bike rides again. This sitting around and eating has not done me any favors. I am so embarrassed that I let myself go so far backwards when I had been doing so good!

S ]

You can do this!!! My doctor told me that losing weight is 90% of what we eat, and only 10% of exercise. While exercise is so important, it is what goes in our mouth that makes us gain/lose weight. But I know how you feel -- 2 years ago my weight was at 180, and I was only a few pounds from what "weight watchers" called my ideal weight for my height. It is so easy to let it climb back up, and so hard to get it off.
    But right now, you have to let that knee heal. Maybe this is a good time to search internet for some great recipes (and share with us!!!), and concentrate on just healthier, lifestyle eating! I know you can do this!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @junodog1 This! Not finishing my plate is a tough one. Like many I was raised to clean my plate. When growing up, we couldn't leave the table until our plates were empty...waste not, want not. Congrats on your accomplishments at the conference - food / alcohol / no exercise are so difficult to resist. Love your "wog" too.

@OConnell5483 You can do this! Rest and recovery are not over. Keep on logging and don't sweat the small stuff.

@Saragirl2 So happy for you and mammo result!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    JFT,6/26
    Went to the gym.
    Walked for 30 mins on the treadmill.
    Did 2- 60 min water aerobics classes.
    Went shopping for trash can liners at Bed Bath and Beyond.
    Going to have nap for about 45 mins. Will alarm the clock bc my naps are extending to 2 hours. Not that I mind, but it messes up my night time sleep.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So, JFT Sunday 6/25

1. Log EVERYTHING I eat :)
    2. Stay in green :)
    3. Do all the laundry :)
    4. Wash the dishes :/
    5. Clean the bathroom :(
    6. Eat leftovers in moderation! :)
    7. Finish Hogwarts challenges for the week :)
    8. Walk/gym! :)Got a full walk in. And it was pretty nice out
    9. Food shopping! B)Three different stores and a stop home in the middle all done in 1.5 hours! I rock!

JFT I did...

1. Logged everything I ate
    2. Took a short walk
    3. Successfully went through coaching without crying or losing my job
    4. Kept me til balanced
    5. Asked for help when I needed it
    6. Made yummy and healthy dinner
    7. Took a short walk after dinner
    8. Logged onto MFP and looked at all of my boards! Lol

Today was pretty good. Got up with the DH and made him lunch to take with him to work. Stayed up and went for a short walk before work. Had a coaching session at work today. And of course I had two difference in my till over the last week. So that what was in the forefront of everyone's mind. Got a bunch of new rules/resources to help me keep a paper trail of things so I can keep track of things better. But now I am off the next two days! I dont have to be back to work until 10:30am on Thursday!

Now for JFT, 6/27/17

1. Log all food
    2. Keep in green
    3. Walk/gym
    4. Eat healthy, yummy meals
    5. Clean the bathroom!!!!!
    6. Take out the trash
    7. Finish the dishes
    8. Spend time with the DH
    9. Bed by 11:30.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    6/26 Monday JFT:

Attend classes✔
    Tutoring✔
    Small grocery trip✔
    Nap 20 min.✔
    Dinner early (6pm)❌➡️husband cooked
    Physics HW and online HW✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.❌
    Bedtime (when done with Ch. 10,11,12,13 HW)✔

Stay Positive today!✔

I'm in the red today by -538 calories. Which is disappointing but I made the choice to eat more today. I've been exhausted all day and I've been using a lot of brain-power so I increased my calories today. I'm sure I'll pay for it with a little increase but that's the sacrifice I continue to struggle with in order to produce good grades! Tomorrow is a new day!!

Everyone have a blessed evening (or day depending where you are located). B)
  • lynmac54
    lynmac54 Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well, I'm back - after a lengthy break with a few "marbles" added to the jar - fortunate for me it was only a few! B) Tracking is on track for the last 3 days; water is good and am actually managing to get in some steps. So all in all, it's going to be a great week as long as I stay focused on the goal of taking it one day at a time - "just for today" !

Hope all is well with everyone! You've been missed!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    You'll probs all laugh at this!

So you know last week I went on that binge? I've gotten better since but stilln struggling a bit. Just mindless eating and struggling to stop once I get started!

Anyway, I've been wondering what could of caused it, depression, lack of motivation? Turns out there's a perfectly good reason for it all!

fzak91.jpg
  • junodog1
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    You'll probs all laugh at this!

So you know last week I went on that binge? I've gotten better since but stilln struggling a bit. Just mindless eating and struggling to stop once I get started!

Anyway, I've been wondering what could of caused it, depression, lack of motivation? Turns out there's a perfectly good reason for it all!

fzak91.jpg

Congratulations! Now it's time to make a plan.
  • junodog1
    Options
    JFT

06-27-2017
    • Make a good choice when I eat out with my husband's cousin who I've never met before and we are diving 2.5 hours each way to meet for dinner tonight and I have to use a half day vacation time and we are going to a Fish Camp where everything is fried - but so good - and OK not EVERYTHING is fried, and I will want to eat hush puppies if they serve them because it is so hard to find good hush puppies nowadays and there are no public restroom that you would want to stop in between here and there so I cannot drink a lot of water today
    • Oh heck - I'm screwed.