Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    Oh and one last question

Recently I'm finding myself feeling pretty weak, my hands, arms and legs just ache.
    Climbing the stairs makes my legs ache and I feel slightly out of breath for about a minute.
    Massaging my partner I can't even do properly because my hands ache so much! (Who ever heard of achey hands?!)
    Is this because I've stopped exercising do you reckon or more pregnancy? Or both?
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Weigh and log all food
    2. Keep my chin up...just found out I tore a few tendons and need ankle surgery.

That's it for today. :)
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday: Began reading Brain Over Binge- get through as much as I can today.
    -Almost halfway through. Beginning to understand how to control this.

JFT Thursday: Practice what I have learnt from the book.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I have so many I want to reply to, but just don't have time right now to do anything but get my goals down! Just know that I have been reading and am cheering you all on!

Just for Thursday:
    * Hydrate
    * Journal every bite - failed miserably at this yesterday
    * Do not work over 9 hours today. I've been working 15 hours a day again and it's my first week back. I wasn't going to do that again!
    * Try to either change the things in my life that are stressing me out, or change the way I react to them.
    * No CANDY or ice cream tonight
    * Keep a smile in my voice.
    * Have a positive attitude during my 1:1 meeting with my manager today.
    * Continue to keep my eye open for other jobs and don't be afraid to apply for them. You don't know if you don't try.
    * No complaining about work to my husband. He cannot fix it and it makes him so upset. It's not his problem to fix and I need to stop making him feel helpless.
    * Bed one hour early and unplug

Have a great day everyone!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi guys! Love you - mean it! I am just swamped right now. I am 106 posts behind. My last read is back on page 104! It's financial statement close time and we get a little crazy - especially when a top dog just retired.

Regular Daily JFTs are to
    • stay in calories and
    • drink water and
    • get my 10,000 steps.

Been doing OK but yesterday was a failure all the way around. Today I brought my running gear in a bag so if I have to I will take a break and do a C25K day from the office. I need the release the exercise gives me. I am getting things in like sit ups and some pushups - but I need that long slow burn of a good 30 minute outing.

I hope you are all doing super on your plans and having good days!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    5. Day 1 again of closing the kitchen. Put a sign on my computer to brush teeth, and wait 10 minutes before eating something

Recently read the average food craving lasts 15 minutes, so distract yourself (or drink water), wait 15 minutes & craving will pass. I haven't tested this, but it sounds good. :wink:
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Just found your inspiring thread after having dabbled in mfp for a couple of years now. Committed to stay with it, and this is just my kind of thread. So thanks everyone for contributions.
    JFT:
    * Log before I eat
    * 8 glasses of water
    * Leg workout with weights with Cam (18 y/o son)
    * Come in under 1500 cals
    * Meditate am and pm (DH, son and I do this together most days.)
    * Bed by 10pm
    * Enjoy the process :smiley:

BTW: for those who binge, I hear you. Been there myself.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 It's common to feel lethargic during pregnancy. My only suggestion for achy muscles would be to increase your potassium with cantaloupe, watermelon, coconut water or bananas (if you can tolerate any of those). Hang in there, the baby will arrive before you know it ;)

@wanderinglight I've torn my ligaments several times in my ankle. It is not fun to deal with. I had an appointment with some of the best orthopedic surgeons here and meet with their physical therapist also. Even though they said I needed surgery, I have been able the utilize physical therapy to strengthen my ankle. I cannot do impact running yet but they say I could work up to that if I wanted (honestly I don't think I'll ever impact run bc it's damaging to the joints). Anyways, I just thought I'd share my experience bc ankle surgery is no fun. I hope all goes well!! Good luck :)
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    5. wash 4 more windows (trying to do this a few at a time so it gets done!)

8. try and wash just 1 window

Stealing this in future! We have 19 windows not counting glass in doors, and all need cleaning. It overwhelms me, but 1-2 windows a day sounds like I could even start.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap W 8/16
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work & saw 2 mama turkeys and 12 young'uns cross the road = :smiley:
    2) Keep on trucking at work - I cannot control other people but I can control my attitude. Do not let negativity steal my joy! Use Calm app in afternoon, pause & pray. = done / it's a work in progress :smiley:
    3) Net calories green = Red 29 which is close :smile:
    4) Evening, attend final city band concert of summer & bedtime w/ TV off 10:15 = Had great time at concert w/ church friends (didn't see former colleague there) & in bed 10:30 :smile:

JFT T 8/17 = Will be sedentary day b/c non-dog walk day & John McEuen concert in evening.
    1) Use "move" reminder and > 25 flights of stairs
    2) Do not let work negativity get me down....use Calm app in afternoon, pause & pray
    3) Net calories green
    4) Bedtime 10:30 w/ TV off
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I know I have been trying this before and could not stick with it. But I love reading all of your goals and little (and large) wins and struggles and how you cheer each other on, so I would love to be part of it and am trying again.
    Especially because I seem to have a bad day.
    Disclaimer: I am not currently trying to lose weight, only reduce body fat a bit and otherwise maintain more or less. But I seem to be unable to do so while eating less and less. So my goals for the upcoming time will be more related to get my body and mind in order generally than to weight.

So, just for today:
    1) Instead of forcing myself to the gym although I am tired and worn out, I will go to the store and buy myself treats. And at home, I will eat (some of ?) them while I try to get in some more work (or some actual work, as I did not get much done so far). Just sugary stuff which is bad for me. Just this one time.
    2) I will not feel guilty. Not about eating sweets and not about being tired and unsuccessful at work and not about not going to the gym. Tomorrow is another day. Today is self-care.
    3)
    * No complaining about work to my husband. He cannot fix it and it makes him so upset. It's not his problem to fix and I need to stop making him feel helpless.
    I needed to quote this. Will adapt it to "boyfriend" and the fact that he is worse off than I am recently. So no complaining at all tonight. Not about work, not about weight. Nothing. "Had a nice day, worked quite a lot. Sleep well, my dear." (Long distance, so we are on the phone in case that sounds strange to you. ;) )

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I am not currently trying to lose weight, only reduce body fat a bit and otherwise maintain more or less.

Welcome! I can relate to maintenance struggle (before MPF), because that's where I derailed in the past and gained all my weight back. Which I swore I would never do. And I'm scared that's going to happen again, once I reach my weight goal (range) this time. Now that I have MFP, I plan to continue using the community threads for support, it really helps! We're all in this together. :smiley:
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    8/17 Thursday JFT:

Continue 6-Day Slim-Down Diet (Day 4)
    Stay motivated & keep with it only 3 days to go!
    Maybe do some leisure reading
    Maybe watch a movie
    Run on elliptical
    BB-Workout
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

Keeping it simple today bc my energy levels are down :(
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Meditation & breathing are on the top of my list today!

Meditate/rest 20 mins today this afternoon. Wasn't able to yesterday and it showed. Use Calm App.
    Drink 9 cups of water.
    Track everything.
    Walk dog in AM.
    Prep meal in crock pot, ribs, one of my favorites. Need to use portion control tonight.
    DD for swim this afternoon.
    Cut up veggies for snack.
    Pilates tomorrow at 1.

Be the captain of your ship!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    I know I have been trying this before and could not stick with it. But I love reading all of your goals and little (and large) wins and struggles and how you cheer each other on, so I would love to be part of it and am trying again.
    Especially because I seem to have a bad day.
    Disclaimer: I am not currently trying to lose weight, only reduce body fat a bit and otherwise maintain more or less. But I seem to be unable to do so while eating less and less. So my goals for the upcoming time will be more related to get my body and mind in order generally than to weight.

Welcome! Maintaining is just as hard as losing weight - sometimes harder! So I am so happy you are joining us!
  • SageMolokai
    SageMolokai Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've never been on this thread before but it sounds like fun and good motivation/support! So just for today -
    a) exercise 60 minutes (already done 30)
    b) drink 10 glasses of water

So simple when you think of it as just for today!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    5. wash 4 more windows (trying to do this a few at a time so it gets done!)

8. try and wash just 1 window

Stealing this in future! We have 19 windows not counting glass in doors, and all need cleaning. It overwhelms me, but 1-2 windows a day sounds like I could even start.

19!!!!
    We have ...*counts*... 8!
    Two of which are glass panels in the doors lol!