Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Guess what guys, I'm writing goals today!!

Just for Thursday!

- Be within calorie limit (1500 - 1800) Up to now.. yep :)
    - Do shopping with OH. ... yep :)
    - Get the house spotless (it's annoying me now, feel like it's never tidy!!) .. no been out all day but there's still a chance.. but not holding out hope!
    - Get myself ready properly! Hair and makeup! - No, had to rush out :( and major cba kicked in!
    - Remember to buy batteries for BOTH scales! (Kitchen and bathroom!) :anguished: No!!! I even picked them up!!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!!??
    - Walk the dog (3-5K steps) - partners doing it today. Well he SAID he would. If he doesn't it will be doing to moi.
    - ring consultants secretary, was not happy about yesterday's appointment! .. no I forgot, but always tomorrow!

Going to post tomorrow's goals in a bit!

Do you guys remember I used to have a motto at the end of every post.
    I have a new one. A very relevant new one.

Pregnancy is not an excuse.

Great goals Bex --- and I LOVE your quote!! Think of how great you will look and feel once that little baby comes!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm struggling today :#
    I just want Chicken Pad Thai & carrot cake! :s
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Guess what guys, I'm writing goals today!!

Just for Thursday!

- Be within calorie limit (1500 - 1800) Up to now.. yep :)
    - Get the house spotless (it's annoying me now, feel like it's never tidy!!) .. no been out all day but there's still a chance.. but not holding out hope!
    - Get myself ready properly! Hair and makeup! - No, had to rush out :( and major cba kicked in!
    - Remember to buy batteries for BOTH scales! (Kitchen and bathroom!) :anguished: No!!! I even picked them up!!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!!??
    - Walk the dog (3-5K steps) - partners doing it today. Well he SAID he would. If he doesn't it will be doing to moi.
    - ring consultants secretary, was not happy about yesterday's appointment! .. no I forgot, but always tomorrow!

Going to post tomorrow's goals in a bit!

Do you guys remember I used to have a motto at the end of every post.
    I have a new one. A very relevant new one.

Great goals Bex --- and I LOVE your quote!! Think of how great you will look and feel once that little baby comes!

Lol my partners also slipped into his pjs sneakily so looks like I'm walking the dog again!!
    Oh well Atleast I will get more steps in!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

What day of diet cleanse are you on? You're SO close! You can do this. :smiley:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    5. wash 4 more windows (trying to do this a few at a time so it gets done!)

8. try and wash just 1 window

Stealing this in future! We have 19 windows not counting glass in doors, and all need cleaning. It overwhelms me, but 1-2 windows a day sounds like I could even start.

19!!!!
    We have ...*counts*... 8!
    Two of which are glass panels in the doors lol!

Yes, we bought a colonial style house when we married and my MIL with dementia lived with us (almost 12 yrs). Hubby's 2 sisters would take turns staying weekends to help us out. We needed all the bedrooms / bathrooms, and I needed the space. Now it's just hubby & myself & pets, so eventually we will downsize, but no rush.
  • MLHC1
    Options

What day of diet cleanse are you on? You're SO close! You can do this. :smiley:

Thank you. It's just challenging bc I'm weak, tired and a little emotional. :(

It's day 4 on my 6-Day Slim-Down Diet. I'm close.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options

Stealing this in future! We have 19 windows not counting glass in doors, and all need cleaning. It overwhelms me, but 1-2 windows a day sounds like I could even start.

19!!!!

Yes, we bought a colonial style house when we married and my MIL with dementia lived with us (almost 12 yrs). Hubby's 2 sisters would take turns staying weekends to help us out. We needed all the bedrooms / bathrooms, and I needed the space. Now it's just hubby & myself & pets, so eventually we will downsize, but no rush.

Oh - I would love to have that much space!! We have a lot of windows, just not a real big house though. My hubby runs his business from our downstairs, so the house seems even smaller! But .... we put on a hug patio room 10 years ago, all floor to ceiling windows, so there are about 12 windows just in that room. I have 3 windows cleaned so far .....
  • MLHC1
    Options

NO
    You can do this!! Only 2 more days to go!!! I know when I am tired and emotional, I want to eat. So can you take a short nap???? Were here for you, and rooting for you! I know you can do this!

:D Thank you sooo much! I did take a short nap, that helped. I'm just keeping myself posted up in my room watching Netflix, Lol! I'm not going to do anything productive except sticking to my diet plan and just drinking a ton of water! I should be in the home stretch now. I'm going to run for 30 minutes then take my son to football practice. When I get home I'm going to complete my workout goal with my BB-workout then take an extra long shower; do some self pampering and then it'll be time to pick up my son from football. Finally we'll come home, make dinner then watch a movie and go to bed! (Trying to keep myself distracted.)

You all are totally helping me through this! My body is definitely withdrawing from the junk I usually feed it. I'm just focusing on each hour and considering every hour a success, Lol :D
  • Bex953172
    Options

19!!!!

Oh - I would love to have that much space!! We have a lot of windows, just not a real big house though. My hubby runs his business from our downstairs, so the house seems even smaller! But .... we put on a hug patio room 10 years ago, all floor to ceiling windows, so there are about 12 windows just in that room. I have 3 windows cleaned so far .....

This is my old house, well not MY house, my parents
    That had a lot of windows.
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39664689.html
  • lydia4462
    lydia4462 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh and one last question

Recently I'm finding myself feeling pretty weak, my hands, arms and legs just ache.
    Climbing the stairs makes my legs ache and I feel slightly out of breath for about a minute.
    Massaging my partner I can't even do properly because my hands ache so much! (Who ever heard of achey hands?!)
    Is this because I've stopped exercising do you reckon or more pregnancy? Or both?

Hmmm...I would talk to your md about the aches if they continue.
  • Bex953172
    Options

NO
    You can do this!! Only 2 more days to go!!! I know when I am tired and emotional, I want to eat. So can you take a short nap???? Were here for you, and rooting for you! I know you can do this!

:D Thank you sooo much! I did take a short nap, that helped. I'm just keeping myself posted up in my room watching Netflix, Lol! I'm not going to do anything productive except sticking to my diet plan and just drinking a ton of water! I should be in the home stretch now. I'm going to run for 30 minutes then take my son to football practice. When I get home I'm going to complete my workout goal with my BB-workout then take an extra long shower; do some self pampering and then it'll be time to pick up my son from football. Finally we'll come home, make dinner then watch a movie and go to bed! (Trying to keep myself distracted.)

You all are totally helping me through this! My body is definitely withdrawing from the junk I usually feed it. I'm just focusing on each hour and considering every hour a success, Lol :D

More like Joan will come over and whup your *kitten* if you don't do it haha!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    lydia4462 wrote: »
    Oh and one last question

Recently I'm finding myself feeling pretty weak, my hands, arms and legs just ache.
    Climbing the stairs makes my legs ache and I feel slightly out of breath for about a minute.
    Massaging my partner I can't even do properly because my hands ache so much! (Who ever heard of achey hands?!)
    Is this because I've stopped exercising do you reckon or more pregnancy? Or both?

Hmmm...I would talk to your md about the aches if they continue.

I was thinking it could be low iron maybe? But I'm sure they tested that. But best check to make sure. I'm deffo gonna mention it at next appointment!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Just for Thursday! ** updated**

- Be within calorie limit (1500 - 1800) Up to now.. yep :) ... and still yes :)
    - Get the house spotless (it's annoying me now, feel like it's never tidy!!) .. no been out all day but there's still a chance.. but not holding out hope!..yep, was right to not hold out hope!
    - Walk the dog (3-5K steps) - partners doing it today. Well he SAID he would. If he doesn't it will be down to moi. I did it, and another little jog, it takes me 2 mins to jog around a football pitch! And got 5.2K steps in!!

Goals for Friday
    - eat within calories again
    - Drink a bit more water
    - Ring consultant
    - Ring council to collect the streets bins :rage:
    - Go to Marleys development review!
    - 3-5K steps + jog if I can!
    - Cleeeeaaaannn theeee hooooouse!

• MLHC1
    edited August 2017
    Options
    8/17 Thursday JFT:

✔Continue 6-Day Slim-Down Diet (Day 4)
    ✔Stay motivated & keep with it only 3 days to go!
    ✔Maybe do some leisure reading
    ✔Maybe watch a movie
    ✔Run on elliptical
    ✔BB-Workout
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

Keeping it simple today bc my energy levels are down :(

A little update: My day is over, finally! I did have to resort to adding two approved additive snacks (190 calories total) but I'm still at the 1000 calorie goal for the diet plan. Also, I am giving myself a pat on the back bc I picked up a pizza from Costco for my kiddos dinner AND I resisted!! :D I'm going to bed early tonight so I can wake up on day 5 of my diet.

☆☆THANK YOU☆☆ To everyone who has been there for me today. Without that encouragement, I'm not sure how the day would've gone. Hopefully tomorrow is easier than today. Have a blessed evening (or day depending on your location). B)
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thursday--make kid send aunt HB e-mail, stay within calorie guidelines and exercise, chase missing thyroid pills, use push mower and think about weed-eating another day.
    Did it, did it, overdid it, no pills, weed-ate 1 hour and push-mowed about another 50 minutes. Going to bed.
    On Friday 8/18, monitor calories, get exercise, weed-eat/mow, 3 hours son's school, laundry/dishes/trash.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Attempt to stay in green :DTotal fail. Ben and Jerry called me and I picked up the phone
    3. Keep drawer balanced at work :)
    4. Ask for help if I need it :)Didnt need it
    5. Write down every single idea that pops into my head good, bad or ugly :DTried to but ended up getting into a two hour long theological conversation about God, the Bible and life on other planets...it was pretty interesting, especially seeing as who the Christian(other than me) was
    7. Spend some time brainstorming everything(setting, characters, scenes, conflict, etc) :/Time just got away from me
    8. Spend some time reading my Bible :)Gonna do this after I sign off here for the night
    9. Put dinner in the crock pot before I leave for work :)
    10. Eat the yummy dinner when I get home :)Realized that I never took the paper from the packaging off the bottom of the beef so it was yummy but at one point I got a mouth full of soggy cooked paper :D
    11. Spend time typing up ideas from notebook(if any) :/Didnt have anything
    12. Enjoy couch time with the DH :)Watched some baseball and then caught almost all of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. We had never seen it but I had been wanting to
    13. Wind down by 9:30 :DCaught up watching the movie until quarter after 10
    14. Bed by 10:30(gonna be an early morning on Friday) :DFail! Gonna read my Bible and put on some storm sounds and go to bed

Had a really good day! Work was uneventful except for the awesome conversation! The people at work keep surprising me and all in good ways! This may sound stereotypical but I really dont mean it to be. But I was totally surprised when the other Bible believing, evangelical Christian that I work with is the embittered and cynical homosexual man. I never in a million years would have guessed that he was a believer! It was a pleasant surprise. And after the guy that we were having the conversation with went to lunch, we kept talking about our faith and what we believe. It was just an awesome awesome few hours! All though I never did get to work on my story! Lol. I'm gonna bring my little steno with me to the other branch that I work at tomorrow and try and work on it then.

Also, at the branch I am working at tomorrow it has been decreed that Friday's are dress days. I dont think I would get yelled at if I didn't abide by the rule but I'm actually kind of glad because I bought a dress in the spring that is kind of my inspiration dress and I finally have a bit of courage enough to wear it out of the house. It's just a black jersey t-shirt dress but it's kind of clingy and I'm a bit nervous. But also excited...know what I mean? Lol

Sorry for the super long post! I'm gonna post my goals for tomorrow and then get off for the night!

JFT 8/18/17

1. Log all food
    2. Be as accurate as possible with measurements
    3. Run to the bank before work
    4. Keep drawer balanced
    5. Ask for help if I need it
    6. PAY ATTENTION!!!!
    7. Make something quick for dinner
    8. Spend some time with the DH
    9. Bed by 10

Have a great day/night everyone!

AGAIN, SORRY ABOUT THE SUPER LONG POST!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I need to get better with this...
    skymningen wrote: »
    1) Instead of forcing myself to the gym although I am tired and worn out, I will go to the store and buy myself treats. And at home, I will eat (some of ?) them while I try to get in some more work (or some actual work, as I did not get much done so far). Just sugary stuff which is bad for me. Just this one time. I did not. I was so tired that I just went home and had some rather boring, normal comfort food item for dinner. No 'planned binge'.
    2) I will not feel guilty. Not about eating sweets and not about being tired and unsuccessful at work and not about not going to the gym. Tomorrow is another day. Today is self-care. Well. I did not do the worst part, so I did not feel guilty. And just to make it better, I made another batch of the comfort food for lunch today.
    3)
    * No complaining about work to my husband. He cannot fix it and it makes him so upset. It's not his problem to fix and I need to stop making him feel helpless.
    I think I managed. I listened, I said I was fine and at that time, compared to his stress, I felt fine.

Another try:
    1) Go to the gym after work.
    2) Eat lunch for lunch. (I tend to eat early when left alone, like I am now as everyone else seems to be on holiday. And then I am dizzy at the gym, because I haven't eaten for the last 6 hours. :# )
    3) Be effective at work. Get all three things I planned to do done.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty great thread!

Goals for today:
    1. Drink water water water: coming off a night of too much limoncello...
    2. Cardio 60 minutes
    3. Lift 30 minutes
    4. Long walk with the wife and enjoy the day.