Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I totally failed yesterday. Had two donuts at work because they were just calling my name! And shared some yummy but terribly bad for you chips last night right before bed! I know it probably won't do much to me weight wise but I gave into the cravings instead of working through them! Where did all of my willpower go?! I didnt even finish logging all my food yesterday or go for a walk, although I did make a yummy and healthy dinner. It was One-Pot Caprese Pasta. It was absolutely bodacious! And I did try to walk more at work, It was pretty slow at the bank yesterday, so I did a lot of pacing behind the teller line. Lol. Still not enough to meet my step goal. but about half of it(the teller line isnt very big Lol.) My cat was being really obnoxious this morning and messing with me from 4am until probably 6am, just not letting me sleep. Either meow in my ear or pawing at my pillow. I was so annoyed! But I did get a decent night sleep before and after. Lol.

I definitely have to get back to the gym! I mean, I'm paying for it, so why not use it! I think I'll head there today. I have 4 hours before I have to leave for work. I think I can squeeze an hour in at the gym.

JFT 5/12

1. Log everything and stay in the green
    2. Go to the gym and do high incline walking and some weight training
    3. Meet my step target for the day
    4. Keep my teller drawer balanced
    5. Make a healthy and delicious dinner
    6. Bed by 10:30 tablet and light off!

I think that is good for the day! Have a great Friday everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,518 Member
    Options
    Recap R 5/11
    1) Keep net calories in the green, or least w/i 100 = squeaked in with net calories -91....that's better than most recent days! :smile:
    2) Get some exercise: either walk dog or strength training = walked 2.35 miles & happy dog :smiley:
    3) Do some laundry this evening = 2 loads done, hubby even brought hamper downstairs before he left for work :smile:
    4) Floss = Day 5 :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off = eh...in bed & TV off at 10:24 but not ready to sleep, so I read for 20 minutes :|

Just for F 5/12
    1) Have some food pre-tracked, keep net calories in the green
    2) Walk dog after work
    3) Plan meals & finish grocery list
    4) Floss

No bedtime goal, it's Friday! Have a great one, everyone! :smiley:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Thursday
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water all day :/
    3. write my Advantages Response Card. Read it 4x today :)
    4. clean up patio room, and put furniture back :)
    5. help hubby with "work". :)
    6. work on business expenses and journal entries - I am SO far behind on this :/
    7. finish up the 45 chemo hats to be picked up on monday for the cancer center :)
    8. get back working on my quilt :/
    9. Read my Advantages Response Card :)

I had such a better day yesterday - felt more in control than I have for a long time. Hubby and I did go out for a margarita though - but I was OK. I think I had the right "frame of mind", telling myself that it was OK, as long as I still within goals most days. This is life. This is how I want to live my life - not being restrictive with doing things, but to get right back on track immediately. But I was proud of myself - I ate only a few chips, and ate them slowly.

I read my "advantages Response" card several times during the day - which was a constant reminder of why I want to lose weight and get healthier. This is a task I am suppose to do everyday for at least 4 times a day, to keep reminding myself of where I want to be next year at this time.

Here is what my "advantage response" card looks like:
    why I want to lose weight:
    1. wear nice clothes
    2. Feel better
    3. Be in control of what I eat
    4. Not be embarassed as to how I look
    5. Look great in October when we go see family
    6. wear pretty dresses (something I haven't done in a long time - and I love all the pretty summer dresses I see)
    7. Not needing the lites off to be intimate with my husband. Not be embarassed and have to go in the closet to change clothes.
    8. I would be at goal weight in december
    9. have more energy to play with grandsons, ride my bike, walk, etc
    10. wear all the tops I have hanging in my closet

So if any of you want to join me on this -- I am hoping to change my mindset for my entire life.

Today's task is to pick out a diet I want to follow - whether it be one where I can eat certain foods, or calorie counting. Since I am already doing calorie counting, this was easy.

SO my goals for Today, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. get out for a walk or to the gym
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow -- I have not been to the gym in over a week because of all the work we have been doing here
    5. read my Advantages response card 4 times today
    6. read my advantages response card in the evening
    7. sip on water

I hope you all have a great friday. Sorry I wrote so much.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    @joan6630
    I love the idea of the Advantage Response card!!
    I think I'm going to make one tonight!

Do you just keep it on you at all times?

Do you read it when you feel like scoffing your face or at random times in the day

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    @joan6630
    One of my affirmations staring at me from my work desk everyday says:
    How do you want to feel this summer, fit or jealous?

It keeps reminding me why I'm doing this, b/c I sure want to be fit and not jealous!

I think your advantages list is great. :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @joan6630

It keeps reminding me why I'm doing this, b/c I sure want to be fit and not jealous!

Omg, so simple but so amazing!!

I might have a advantage / disadvantage card!!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @Bex953172 and @joan6630 sharing another affirmation list I stole from somewhere, but I keep it posted where I can see it often...it's simple but sums up how I want to be:

Today:
    • smile
    • laugh
    • be kind
    • <3
    • eat well
    • be active
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630

Omg, so simple but so amazing!!

I might have a advantage / disadvantage card!!

Bex - I hope you will join me!
    I am reading the book the "Beck Diet Solution". It is all about Cognitive Behavior Therapy - to change how I view things, and make me think like a thin person. I've had this book for years, but finally, after so many attempts to lose weight and keep it off, I am going to read it and do what she says :)
    Every day, for 40 days, she gives things to do. Yesterday was to write a "Advantages Response" cards, and read these cards four times a day -- everyday. I put one in my purse, have another one sitting in my office (where I do the most damage with food in the evenings). I have another one in the bathroom to read.

Today the assignment was to pick a diet - either calorie counting, or another one where you are more restricted. She says to pick 2 diets - one as a backup. But I have tried atkins, etc., and what I wanted was just straight calorie-counting - I think for me, that is one that I can live with.

Tomorrow will be harder for me -- it says to only eat while sitting down at the kitchen table!!! . I briefly looked through the assignments - one is write back responses when we want to eat and what to tell ourselves. But she says to take it one day at a time and not to skip ahead (kinda fits this thread!).

But if you would like, I will post the nite before what the next days task is. I would love to have you join me -- it will be fun. I am so anxious to get rid of the binge eating I do - which is what happens when I get discouraged, or under stres, etc.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @joan6630

Hmm I wonder if my local library has this book!
    In the meantime please post the tasks!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    The book is "
    The Beck Diet Solution, bu Judith S. Beck
    (How to train your brain to think like a thin person). (mine was copyrighted in 2008 - yes - this is how long I've had this book!). I would think your library would have it.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Ah over here it's called the trap diet solution by Judith S beck
    So same thing
    But
    Not in my local. And too far out for me Togo get it!

Looks like I'm relying on you ;)
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options
    For those of you who wish to follow along with me on the 40-day Beck Diet Solution, here is the assignment for Day 3. I also listed what the assignments were for Days 1 and 2.

Recap of Day 1 -- Create a index card saying why you want to lose weight. Make duplicates of these, and place them in places where you see them - like in the car, in the kitchen, in the office. Read these at least four times a day

Recap of Day 2- pick a diet plan you wish to follow. Whether it be low carb, calorie counting, etc. This was easy for me, since I am just counting calories.

Day 3 of the Beck Diet Solution:
    Eat only when sitting down!!!!
    Create a Response card reminding myself to eat only while sitting.

She explains that when you eat while you are sitting down, you are becoming more aware of what you eat. You will enjoy it more (rather than just scarfing it down like I do!). Your brain sees the food you are eating, thus, you get more satisfied.

So the "To DO" list for Day 3 is:
    Read the Advantages Response Card at least three times
    Create a Response Card to encourage myself to sit while eating
    Create a reminder system so I'll remember to sit while eating
    Sit down anytime you eat

Each day , the nite before, I will list these if anyone wants to follow. It will be so much more fun for me also if anyone wants to join me!! Think of how great we can all look by the end of the year!!

• mytime6630
    Options
    @Bex953172 and @joan6630 sharing another affirmation list I stole from somewhere, but I keep it posted where I can see it often...it's simple but sums up how I want to be:

Today:
    • smile
    • laugh
    • be kind
    • <3
    • eat well
    • be active

Love this! Thank you for sharing!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @joan6630 this plan Sounds awesome! I know all about cognitive behavioral therapy. I use it a lot to deal with anxiety. I'm gonna look for the book on kindle but keep posting the tasks!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    The reasons I want to get healthy

1. So that I can feel sexy again
    2. So I don't grimace when I look in the mirror anymore
    3. To be as beautiful as my husband deserves
    4. So I can go hiking and backpacking again
    5. To take the pressure off my joints
    6. To remind myself that since quitting smoking I really can do anything
    7. To wear pretty clothes again
    8. To wear dresses and skirts and not feel self conscious
    9. To have a safe pregnancy when DH and I start trying next year
    10. To be able to keep up with it future children.

As for today,

It's pouring out so I think instead of walking I'll take a nap after work and then maybe hit the gym after. DH closes his store tonight so he won't be home until really late. So I'm on my own with dinner and keeping myself occupied. Lol

1. Record all food and stay in the green
    2. Go to the gym and switch it up
    3. Make a yummy and healthy dinner with plenty of leftovers so DH has dinner when he gets home.
    4. Pick up cards for Mom and MIL.
    5. Pick up prescription
    6. And lights out by 1130pm

I think those are pretty doable. If I'm feeling adventurous I may even go grocery shopping!

Have a great day everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 I'm in. thank you for posting the daily goals.

@cschmitz110515 I have that same affirmation with a picture of someone jogging on a beach as the background picture for my phone! Love it.

Yesterday was so bad, that I don't even want to admit it on here. I just didn't care. I wanted to walk off my job. I ate whatever I wanted and as many carbs as i could find. I couldn't even hide how crabby I was in front of my husband. It was not pretty, and I'm so mad at myself today. So....new beautiful spring day in Green Bay, Wisconsin and new attitude to go with it. I need to go back to basics and start new.

1. Log all food
    2. Water, not just coffee
    3. Day 1 of Beck plan - write out my Advantage Response Cards and read them 4 x daily
    4. Day 2 of Beck plan - Low Carb Diet with a back-up of calorie counting
    5. Exercise of some kind. I hurt my knee and have appointment at ortho so this might not be easy.
    6. Focus, meditate and find peaceful place inside. Stress is bad!
    7. I will not work anymore today. I can work on lesson plans tonight after I spend the day with husband. Work is not my life.
    8. Journal and read tonight.

Have a beautiful brand new day everyone!

Tracie

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @junodog1 What kind of fitbit did you get, can I ask? I have a FitBit Flex which is getting really old and outdated. Can't even find wristbands for them anymore. I'm looking to replace it but haven't decided what to go with.

I got a Fitbit Charge 2 HR. I don't know what to compare it to because it is my first fitness tracker. I am loving it though. Things I was considering: Battery Life, sleep functions, ease of use. So far so good.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    junodog1 wrote: »
    5-10-2017

[*] Print Jimmy Buffet tickets <3
    [/list]

Hey I need to that as well, for the show like a week and half. Thanks for the reminder :)

Today's the day!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Friday
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water :/
    3. get out for a walk or to the gym :)
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow -- I have not been to the gym in over a week because of all the work we have been doing here :)
    5. read my Advantages response card 4 times today :) Believe it or not --- but this really helped me through the day!
    6. read my advantages response card in the evening :)
    7. sip on water :) Not enough water during the day, but at least in the evening I sipped on water.

Day 3 of the Beck Diet Solution:
    Eat only when sitting down!!!! Create a Response card reminding myself to eat only while sitting.

JFT, Saturday

1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. get out for a walk or to the gym - already took a zumba class, and plan to go out for a walk later
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow
    5. read my Advantages response card 4 times today
    6. read my advantages response card in the evening
    7. Eat only when sitting down!!! This will be hard for me to do!!!!
    8. Read the Advantages Response Card at least three times
    9. Create a Response Card to encourage myself to sit while eating
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap F 5/12
    1) Have some food pre-tracked, keep net calories in the green = I think I did ok, not sure of dinner portion size though :neutral:
    2) Walk dog after work = beautiful evening 3.58 miles :smiley:
    3) Plan meals & finish grocery list = not done, interrupted by phone call with Mom, so much more important :smiley:
    4) Floss = late night, nope :/

Just for Sat. 5/13
    1) Keep logging...do not stop b/c it's the weekend!
    2) Do yard / garden work that I keep saying needs to be done...no excuse, it's gorgeous out!
    3) Floss

That's enough for a Saturday. Enjoy, everyone! B)