Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Sooo
    I've not posted goals
    Was it yesterday or today I was supposed to be trying @azulvioleta6 goals?
    Either way I did poorly lol!
    Had a stressful day. Stupid ar$ehole of a mechanic charging me out my ar$e for nothing!
    I shall seek revenge for my calorie intake!!!!
    Hope you did better azul.

Anyway sunday tomorrow

Sunday Goals
    - log everything
    - Take my meds (forgetting again recently!)
    - Stay in green
    - Do some exercise
    - Compile day 1-4 of the Beck diet solution into one day to catch up with @joan6630
    - Cut my own hair.. eek. Can't afford hairdresser atm lol :sweat_smile:

May Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    April Weight 12st 5lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

1. Record all food and stay in the green :) By 4 calories!
    2. Go to the gym and switch it up :/
    3. Make a yummy and healthy dinner with plenty of leftovers so DH has dinner when he gets home. :D Heated up leftovers Lol, DH is on his own I guess
    4. Pick up cards for Mom and MIL. :/ But I did make reservations to take my Mommy out to dinner tomorrow.
    5. Pick up prescription :) This I did, in the pouring rain and had to wait 20 minutes for them to come back from lunch because there was no way I was going to go back out in the torrential downpours
    6. And lights out by 1130pm :D We'll see about this. Though I am pretty exhausted, so this is probably very doable.

Well I managed to hit one of my food stores and get all that I needed from there. Now I just have to hit the other one tomorrow. I'm gonna go right before I go to bed though(they're open til midnight) because it being Mother's Day, it's going to be packed with last minute shoppers. I just need a few things to make my meal planning complete.

Gonna go visit the MIL in the hospital(long LONG story) after we go to church and then treating Mom and Dad to dinner at a really nice pasta house around the corner from our property. A year ago there is no way we would have been able to afford it, but now, with the new job and the lack of money stealing cigarettes we can treat people and have a good time.

So...as for tomorrow...

1. Stay in the green and log as best I can
    2. Go to church
    3. Visit MIL in the afternoon
    4. Attempt to go for a short walk or a bike ride(just do SOMETHING!)
    5. Have a blast with DH, Mom and Dad. (Luckily DH loves my parents)
    6. In bed, tablet down, lights off by 10pm

Have a great Mother's Day to all of you mothers(that includes mother's of FurBabies like me)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Beck Diet Solution
    Task for Day 4: Give Yourself Credit

By consciously giving yourself credit, you'll reinforce your self-confidence and build an awareness that you're strong and in control. When you give yourself credit everytime you do something right, through, you can more easily see such slips as momentary mistakes, not earthshaking events, and you can head off a sense of hopelessness. (this also will be hard for me to do, but I'm working on it)

Day 4 to-do list:
    Read the Advantages Response Card at least twice
    Create a reminder system for giving myself credit for something I did right today
    Sit down at all times to eat

I was doing OK today until my daughter came out, and wanted to go and get dessert and coffee. I could tell she was not having a good day. So .... we went to Applebees. I had just finished dinner, and was not at all hungry. The only desserts that had was high-calorie stuff. I didn't want to eat a salad (but probably should have), but I did have the brownie bit dessert because I didn't want her to eat alone but it was 400 calories!! But, I am trying to give myself credit --- at least I didn't order the chocolate chip/ice cream dessert that was 970 calories!

All these steps are really helping me, but also making me really think about stuff. Today, I was suppose to sit down everytime I ate. Twice during the day, I found myself grab a banana, and eat it while walking to my office - without even thinking about it. Then for dinner, I was grilling, and even through it was just strawberries, I had those while fixing dinner. But ... at least I am now trying to be aware of these things.

I hope you guys will join me. I am finding that even just reading my Advantages Response cards it is helping me a lot --- a fresh start. I really needed to do something like this, as I felt I was losing all motivation. And .... I really want to be at goal weight by the end of the year.

@Bex953172 you are getting back on here everyday, and not giving up. With 2 little ones to take care of, you have so much on your plate, and it is hard to take the time for yourself. But .... you are still here, and tomorrow is a fresh day. So I am giving you the credit you deserve, and hope you have a better day tomorrow

@OConnell5483 - I have been where you are many times. When a job is stressful, it is very hard to focus on ourselves, and those carbs seem to be calling us. But you also are doing great. I am so sorry your job is so stressful. I have been there. I am now almost 67, and I am fortunate in that my hubby and I can work out of our home (even though I really wish we could retire some year!). But I remember so well those long weeks, bringing work home, giving everything I had for my job (only to be eliminated when a new company bought the place I was working). So I hope somehow you can find the peace, or talk to your boss, or just do what you can and let others do more on their part. But I know, after losing so many of my siblings at such a young age, that life is short. It is not worth ruining your health and your life for a job. Hopefully your boss will see that, and give you a break for awhile (or hire more people). I am glad you had a nice day in Wisconsin, and you can start a new day.

I want to wish you all a very happy mothers day, and I hope we can all enjoy the day, not stress about things, and just have a wonderful day.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Posting on here tonite, since I'm not sure when I'll get on here tomorrow.

Saturday

1. log all food :) Yes -- even that dessert at Applebees!
    2. concentrate on water :) Did really good with my water today --- mixed some crystal lite mix in it, so that helped.
    3. get out for a walk or to the gym - already took a zumba class, and plan to go out for a walk later :) Zumba, then went for a 2 mile walk with a friend
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow - going to skip this as its mothers day
    5. read my Advantages response card 4 times today :)
    6. read my advantages response card in the evening :)
    7. Eat only when sitting down!!! This will be hard for me to do!!!! :/ Grabbed a bananna and strawberries - and without even thinking had them eaten. This is definitely something I need to practice!
    8. Read the Advantages Response Card at least three times :)
    9. Create a Response Card to encourage myself to sit while eating :)

JFT, Sunday

1.log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. sit down at all times to eat
    4. work in the yard
    5. finish cleaning out storage area to get rid of things
    6. go for a walk or bike ride
    7. go to the grocery store - make a nice meal to enjoy with hubby and daughter where it is quiet
    8. Read the Advantages Response Card at least twice
    9. Create a reminder system for giving myself credit for something I did right today
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap Sat. 5/13
    1) Keep logging...do not stop b/c it's the weekend! I did, and had -347 net calories...not the direction I want, but to be expected when I gave in to my sugar cravings in the evening (tired, sorta hungry = cave in)
    2) Do yard / garden work that I keep saying needs to be done...no excuse, it's gorgeous out! Progress made, time spent with hubby :smiley:
    3) Floss = Day 1 :smiley:

Just for Sunday 5/14 Mother's Day
    1) Be gentle with hubby, who's mourning loss of his mother one year ago
    2) Log everything and keep net calories w/i 100 of daily goal
    3) Walk dog long route
    4) Floss
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ok jft Monday

Change up fitness activity by finding a YouTube class
    Bike ride
    Woodwork
    Stay under calories
    Stay unstressed
    Check back in
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just for Saturday
    1. Log all food. :)
    2. Water, not just coffee. :)
    3. Day 1 of Beck plan - write out my Advantage Response Cards and read them 4 x daily. :) Love this. Helps to remind myself why I don't want to eat mindlessly!
    4. Day 2 of Beck plan - Low Carb Diet with a back-up of calorie counting. :)
    5. Exercise of some kind. I hurt my knee and have appointment at ortho so this might not be easy. :/ Didn't get much in yesterday
    6. Focus, meditate and find peaceful place inside. Stress is bad! :) Took it easy. Only worked a few hours and then put it away and focused on my house and grandkids.
    7. I will not work anymore today. I can work on lesson plans tonight after I spend the day with husband. Work is not my life. :) I did not work last night. I played with grandkids, visited with son and even drove myself to The Attic and got a cup of Berry Blueberry tea.
    8. Journal and read tonight. :) Yup!

I didn't post goals today but I had a wonderful day! I woke up to blueberry pancakes for breakfast from hubby, flowers from my daughter, then went shopping for perennials and garden plants and planted in the yard all day! I got my steps in, was actIve outside all day, read my reminder cards 4 times, stuck to my calories (in the green) and just had a really fantastic Mother's Day. Didn't work at all today. So relaxing! Just what the doctor ordered!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and weekend!

Tracie in Green Bay
  • mytime6630
    Options

Here is the Task for Day 5

Beck Diet Solution
    Task for Day 5: Eat Slowly and Mindfully

When you eat slowly, your brain has time to register that you're full.
    When you notice and enjoy every mouthful, you feel more satisfied when the food is gone

How to slow down eating:
    Take sips of water after every few bites
    Set a timer to beep every one to three minutes
    Change something in your environment (example, use a cloth napkin instead of a paper napkin, put of vase or another object in front of your plate, change the flatware)
    Eat something hot - start your meal with soup - it forces you to eat slowly and practice the skill
    Pay attention to your body - look for signs you are starting to feel full. Becoming conscious of how your body feels can remind you to slow down.

Notice what you are eating:
    Eat in a relaxed atmosphere
    Focus intently on our food

Today's To-Do List:
    Read the Advantages Response care at least twice
    Eat slowing, sitting down and noticing every bite
    Give yourself credit for the helpful dieting behaviors - don't focus on what you did wrong.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    , Sunday

1.log all food :) Had a very nice, relaxing, lazy day, but it was what I needed.
    2. concentrate on water :):) I am trying to give up diet, and I actually feel so much better drinking more water.
    3. sit down at all times to eat :):) This was harder yesterday, as by the time I had half finished my banana, I realized I didn't even remember eating it. So this is making me more aware.
    4. work in the yard :/
    5. finish cleaning out storage area to get rid of things :/
    6. go for a walk or bike ride :)
    7. go to the grocery store - make a nice meal to enjoy with hubby and daughter where it is quiet :)
    8. Read the Advantages Response Card at least twice :)
    9. Create a reminder system for giving myself credit for something I did right today :)

JFT, Monday, May 15
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water.
    3. only ONE diet soda for the day
    4. Read the advantages response card 4x
    5. sit down while I eat anything - even a snack
    6. give myself credit for the positives I do
    7. eat slowly

I have had 4 really good days, and I do think it is because of reading the Advantage Response cards. I cannot believe how much a difference this has made for me - and it is something I really needed. :/ I also am trying to give up diet soda (something hubby has been wanting me to do for years). I am now down to just 1 soda in the mornings, and trying to like tea, and flavored water.
    The sitting down to eat was hard yesterday, but easier today. It is making me more aware of how many times I grab food and just keep going - not even noticing what I am eating.
    So ... I am loving this Beck Diet Solution.

As I glance ahead to the 40 days worth of tasks, there are things like writing down response card to negative thinking and sabatoging thoughts, practicing hunger tolerance, how to overcome cravings, etc, so I hope you guys all stick with me through this! Just think of how great we can all look and feel in 6 weeks!

And .... I weighed myself this morning -- I am 1.5 pounds away from being back in the 100s and out of the 200s! Maybe I can meet my goal for the month of May!
  • mytime6630
    Options

I didn't post goals today but I had a wonderful day! I woke up to blueberry pancakes for breakfast from hubby, flowers from my daughter, then went shopping for perennials and garden plants and planted in the yard all day! I got my steps in, was actIve outside all day, read my reminder cards 4 times, stuck to my calories (in the green) and just had a really fantastic Mother's Day. Didn't work at all today. So relaxing! Just what the doctor ordered!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and weekend!

Tracie in Green Bay

So happy to read this Tracie!! You deserve to have a day like you have had!!! Great job!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @joan6630 thank you! I apologize for being such a downer lately. I think I just hit the bottom of my reserves and was feeling exhausted and sorry for myself! I needed today to get back to my place of gratitude and peace.
  • orlybayu
    orlybayu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A few goals I have for today:
    1. Stay under 200 cal. in snacks.
    2. Eat slower.
    3. Drink at least 4 bottles of water.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Haven't set goals since the 11th. I've been mentally off for a few days.

Well, time to get back on the horse!

05-14-2017
    • 10,000+ steps
    • Water, Water,Water
    • stay under 50 calories to help make up for Sunday
    • Iron Maiden workout for Thunderbird points
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap Sunday 5/14 Mother's Day
    1) Be gentle with hubby, who's mourning loss of his mother one year ago = we had a good day :smile:
    2) Log everything and keep net calories w/i 100 of daily goal = logged everything but net calories in red again...just b/c I'm active does not mean I can eat everything I want, like ice cream and mixed nuts! :s
    3) Walk dog long route = 3.58 miles :smiley:
    4) Floss = Day 2 :smiley:

Just for today M 5/15
    1) Keep net calories in the green!
    2) After work, dig tea roses for co-workers / dig out compost bin
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off

So happy, this morning I got up before 6:00 (I am not a morning person) and walked the dog 3 miles before work. B) I really want to re-incorporate this in my life, especially as summer heats up.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Beck Diet Solution

When you notice and enjoy every mouthful, you feel more satisfied when the food is gone

How to slow down eating:
    Change something in your environment (example, use a cloth napkin instead of a paper napkin, put of vase or another object in front of your plate, change the flatware)
    Eat something hot - start your meal with soup - it forces you to eat slowly and practice the skill
    Pay attention to your body - look for signs you are starting to feel full. Becoming conscious of how your body feels can remind you to slow down.

Love this! I would like to add a tip I learned in WW years ago.
    Between every bite, put the fork / spoon down!

Funny how that action makes me more conscious about my eating and doing it more slowly.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm gearing up for my annual trip to Chicago with the girls and i'm so excited! My daughter and I head out on Thursday and I will be off work until Tuesday. I had hoped to lose 10 lbs by this time, which did not happen due to my rotten attitude lately, but I will still have fun and keep moving forward.

Just for today:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate
    3. Teach my class this afternoon with a smile on my face and in my voice
    4. Go with a new hair color tonight at my appointment....some funny and sassy new highlights and lowlights
    5. Get my steps in
    6. Read my Advantages response cards x4
    7. Eat only when sitting down and eat slowly
    8. Start a list of what to pack for my trip
    9. Be grateful for all that I was blessed enough to wake up with today.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Didn't post this weekend so I'm back on track!

Pretracked meals/snacks.
    walkd dog with DH.
    Going to listen to an inspiring podcast-Half Size Me
    Weight lifting
    Research some abdominal exercises I can do at home.
    Aiming for 150g of protein. Going to do an experiment, try eating more protein before 3pm to stave off mindless grazing in evening.
    Have a protein shake this afternoon if hungry.
    20 min nap/meditative breathing.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Early to bed-9:30. Still struggling with this!
    Plan my week ahead (meals & activity).

Have a great Monday all!

Run the day or get day will run you!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483
    Glad you had a good day!
    Didn't realise the US had a different Mother's Day to the UK!
    Ours is on the 26th March!

@joan6630
    Thanks for posting Day 5!
    I really need to catch up!
    I've been so busy the last 2 days

So cars been in repair for a week now.
    Got ripped off 80 quid for some guy to break the car more so got to go to small claims court

We got our car back. Had a mobile mechanic out today and he's fixed it within 4 hours! The whole thing!
    But these last few days, having no car. I've really racked up the steps!
    I've done 10,000 today. Something I thought I'd never achieve.
    And that's walking to nursery and back x2 (with toddler on my shoulders on the way back)
    Walking to GP and back.
    Walking to the shops ect
    I walked for 2 hours just to get some meat from a farm!

My legs are knackered
    But it's getting easier. Heck I'd even go as far to say I LIKE it!

So thinking of rarely using the car tbh.

Going to make/write my card tonight.
    I'm pretty crafty so I'm gonna have to make it look good if I'm gonna use it lol!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Todays task is to eat slowly. My hubby and I work out of our home, so hence, sometimes our lunches are very short.

So .... I timed our lunch. We were finished in 5 minutes!!!! Gosh, no wonder I am having trouble losing weight!! I told my hubby we have to slow down, and his remarks was , we have so much work to do. Who has time to eat slow!! :s
  • mytime6630
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Beck Diet Solution

How to slow down eating:

Love this! I would like to add a tip I learned in WW years ago.
    Between every bite, put the fork / spoon down!

Funny how that action makes me more conscious about my eating and doing it more slowly.

I am learning so much about myself, just these past few days with doing these tasks. I can't believe how often I grab food and keep going! No wonder I am having trouble losing weight. Trying to eat slow will be hard for me, as hubby tends to eat very fast! But .... I tried today putting my fork down, sipping water between each bite, etc. Really a eye-opener for me! But I love reading the response cards - that has been really helping me!